Will we need to get 100k conquest during last week of 6.x for the 1st week of 7?

Darev

With the conquest point requirement going from 50k to 100k, during the last week of 6.x, will those of us in guilds need to earn 100k points to get the weekly guild level reward for that first week of 7.0 conquest?

I seem to remember, when we went from 25k to 50k...the personal rewards, that last week, worked fine, but the weekly (guild level) reward was calculated against the "current" week, which was post patch, and the higher level.

• Dev Post
With the conquest point requirement going from 50k to 100k, during the last week of 6.x, will those of us in guilds need to earn 100k points to get the weekly guild level reward for that first week of 7.0 conquest?

I seem to remember, when we went from 25k to 50k...the personal rewards, that last week, worked fine, but the weekly (guild level) reward was calculated against the "current" week, which was post patch, and the higher level.

Hi Darev,

Good question! In short, yes, you will need to obtain 100k during the week leading up to 7.0 to be eligible for Guild rewards. As the points will be set to 100k when the expansion launches, that value is defined as current, so guilds will need 100k leading up to that Tuesday.

Hi Darev,

Good question! In short, yes, you will need to obtain 100k during the week leading up to 7.0 to be eligible for Guild rewards. As the points will be set to 100k when the expansion launches, that value is defined as current, so guilds will need 100k leading up to that Tuesday.

Specifically, each alt for each player will need to reach 100K for every alt the player wants conquest on. The guild will still need to reach its planetary conquest target.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hi Darev,

Well now.......isn't that special.

Specifically, each alt for each player will need to reach 100K for every alt the player wants conquest on. The guild will still need to reach its planetary conquest target.

Presumably the guild will need to meet the new Guild target as well. So for example if the large yield target is going up to 10M then we would need to earn 10M in the last week of 6.x even though the UI only says 5M

Presumably the guild will need to meet the new Guild target as well. So for example if the large yield target is going up to 10M then we would need to earn 10M in the last week of 6.x even though the UI only says 5M

I wasn't in a guild on PTS, but never read anywhere where the guild weekly conquest targets were going up, just individual targets.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I wasn't in a guild on PTS, but never read anywhere where the guild weekly conquest targets were going up, just individual targets.

And that question has been asked numerous of times from the Devs and they have yet to answer that specific question which is why a lot of us figure since personal conquest is going up so is the guild conquest which is a lot of the problem. They seem to be ignoring this specific question and when they do that I would use caution as past history shows that when they ignore a question........

Edited by casirabit

Hi Darev,

What are the new rewards?

If they suck it might not be worth the effort to get the extra points, so I would like to know before putting in the extra work.

Edit: Will the rewards be different at level 75 than they will be at 80? if so, please provide information for both.

Edited by Exly

Hi Darev,

Thank you for responding, I truly appreciate it

Regarding the amount of guild conquest needed to complete the three levels of invasion, they were the same on PTS as they are now on Live. Same as the guild level rewards. Only the personal rewards were changed / updated.

Whether or not there is a change that hadn't been put on PTS, I can't say.

but I doubt it.

Regarding the amount of guild conquest needed to complete the three levels of invasion, they were the same on PTS as they are now on Live. Same as the guild level rewards. Only the personal rewards were changed / updated.

Whether or not there is a change that hadn't been put on PTS, I can't say.

but I doubt it.

Thanks for that.

• Dev Post
Hi Darev,

For additional clarification, Guild Conquest is not changing. It will not take Guilds more points to hit a small/medium/high yield planet. Those thresholds will remain the same.

• 2 months later...
  • Dev Post

Hi all,

Bumping the below notes as reminders for Conquest.

Hi Darev,

For additional clarification, Guild Conquest is not changing. It will not take Guilds more points to hit a small/medium/high yield planet. Those thresholds will remain the same.

So this would have been nice to know for the past several weeks instead of it being buried in a post from November and then bumped 4 days ago....this should have been blasted everywhere at the start of this week!

Agreeeeeed

Thanks for bumping a forum post that was buried several months ago.... only 3 days ago in a place where a majority of your player base doesn't usually visit or read. GG

I don't understand why one wouldn't get rewards for meeting the previous week where conquest requirements were 50k. Makes zero sense to have to meet 100k when that conquest week requirement hasn't even started/been implemented.

Edited by xeraphyne

I don't understand why one wouldn't get rewards for meeting the previous week where conquest requirements were 50k. Makes zero sense to have to meet 100k when that conquest week requirement hasn't even started/been implemented.

It's probably simply a technical reason, the patch becomes active at the time of the weekly server reset, the weekly conquest rewards though are given several hours (7 I think?) later, meaning the new rules of 7.0 are already in place when the rewards of the last week of 6.3 are calculated.

So this would have been nice to know for the past several weeks instead of it being buried in a post from November and then bumped 4 days ago....this should have been blasted everywhere at the start of this week!

I wrote this more than a full week before the expansion was supposed to hit / then got delayed.

It was even confirmed by JackieKo, which I honestly did not expect to happen.

At that point it became moot and I didn't bother bumping it because it was 2 months out.

Then, last week, on the day that the final conquest of 6.X started, I bumped it because it became important again.

No one posted, but the view count went up.

THEN...JackieKo BUMPED it (something else I never expected to happen) to bring it back to the first page.

So...people did stuff to make sure this information was available.

also...this wasn't the only post that had people talking about it.

As for WHY, it's pretty simple.

Your personal conquest rewards are calculated at the moment of completion. In 6.X that was when you hit 50k conquest points. in 7.0 that will be when you hit 100k conquest points.

The WEEKLY reward is calculated at the end of the conquest week, typically Tuesday a.m. (eastern time).

Since the server was down at the normal time for the end of conquest week today for the patch, that calculation gets postponed until we get to log in.

At which time the NEW "rules" will be in place.

Old rule = Did toon X reach 50k conquest? AND did player guild reach 500k conquest (for small invasion). If BOTH are true (yes) then give reward

New / Current Rule: Did toon X reach 100k conquest? AND did player guild reach 500k conquest (for small invasion). If BOTH are true (yes) then give reward

The exact same thing happened when conquest was bumped from 25k -> 50k and there was no advance warning.

This time, I felt it important enough to write the OP as a warning, and someone from EA/Bioware agreed, confirmed it, and BUMPED the thread.

(seriously, when does THAT EVER happen)?