Dread Palace does not count toward weekly Priority Target

Jerba

Unfortunately, this week's weekly Priority Objective for Seat of the Empire operations is bugged. According to the description, you need to complete Dread Fortress, Dread Palace or Temple of Sacrifice (or Monolith three times).

We just finished Dread Palace in 8-man SM and it did not complete the Priority Objective.

Edited by Jerba

Just finished Dread Fortress SM and can confirm that Dread Fortress does count toward the Priority Objective, just completed it. :) No idea about ToS. Edited by Jerba

I don't have the weekly mission.

I was wondering if this was a bug similar to the one on Ossus.

I thought it would make sense to combine Jedi under Seige and Daily PO: Defeat Ossus Insectoids but that PO is not updating. I also have Daily PO Defeat Hutt Space Enemies and the bugs count for that one.

Update: after completing Jedi Under Siege quests Daily PO: Defeat Ossus Insectoids is now counting the bugs I kill.

Does the Oricon story have to be completed for the mission?

I got the same issue with Weekly PO: Seat of the Empire Operations.

I queued as a tank for a random GF. The group got Dread Palace. We finished it. Other missions completed successfully. The Conquest Objective for Story Operations was awarded. However this PO objective did not.

Comparing with other guild members, it looks like only Dread Fortress is counting.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug with Dread Palace and the "Weekly PO: Set of the Empire Operations".

Did you check if Dread Palace is correctly tracked in this Weekly PO when choosing the "tracked" option in the Conquest Objectives Window?

Edited by CommunityTeam

DP is really does not count. i had same PO weekly mission, and did same DP but not with groupfinder but in 16msm. i finished all missions there but PO did not counted it as finished.

also about correctly tracked - if you press button "track" in conquest tab it only sais to finish 1 of operations in the seat of empire or 3 time the lair boss. the specifics are only seen in cq tab itself.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug with Dread Palace and the "Weekly PO: Set of the Empire Operations".

Did you check if Dread Palace is correctly tracked in this Weekly PO when choosing the "tracked" option in the Conquest Objectives Window?

While on it, can you make the enemies inside DP and DF count towards the "kill 75 non-player enemies in Oricon" mission objective?

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for the additional information provided regarding the bug about Dread Palace Operation not being counted toward the completion of the "Weekly PO: Set of the Empire Operations".

Our team is currently looking into this bug. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

In the meantime, you would normally be able to complete this Priority Objective by:

• Completing the following Operations in Story Mode: Dread Fortress or Temple of Sacrifice
    OR
  • Defeating the Colossal Monolith three times

For visibility, I will also add this bug to the known issues list: Game Update 6.3 - Known Issues list.

Regarding tracking, Weekly PO: Seat of the Empire lists:

0/1 Complete Story Operations in the Seat of the Empire

0/3 Defeat Seat of the Empire Lair Bosses

Story mode Dread Palace is not counting as a Story Operation in the Seat of the Empire.

• 1 month later...
Hi folks,

Thanks for the additional information provided regarding the bug about Dread Palace Operation not being counted toward the completion of the "Weekly PO: Set of the Empire Operations".

Our team is currently looking into this bug. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

In the meantime, you would normally be able to complete this Priority Objective by:

• Completing the following Operations in Story Mode: Dread Fortress or Temple of Sacrifice
    OR
  • Defeating the Colossal Monolith three times

For visibility, I will also add this bug to the known issues list: Game Update 6.3 - Known Issues list.

This bug is still occurring as it just happened to me last night. This bug is over a month old and:

- you haven't resolved it.

- you haven't updated the text to remove Dread Palace from the list of viable ops that will count towards the seasonal objective.

This is absurd and flat out incompetent. The fact that you haven't done a string change to at least update the in-game quest dialog to remove Dread Palace is complete nonsense.

So it's months old bug that hasn't been fixed? Why am I not surprised?

I spent 2+ hr forming and clearing Dread Palace with a pug group, wiped once at every boss except the fist and last boss because it was new to half of the people, including the tank, and the whole raid team didn't get the Weekly PO when we finally did it.

Sent an in-game ticket and got reply saying I should sent an bug-report instead (and one is sent).

If you're not going to fix the bug, I demand you at least give me the 12 weekly PO points I EARNED.

PS: the people were great, people were chill, and everyone got the mechanic at the second try, it was a good run despite Bioware's incompetence that ruined everyone's victory.

So it's months old bug that hasn't been fixed? Why am I not surprised?

I spent 2+ hr forming and clearing Dread Palace with a pug group, wiped once at every boss except the fist and last boss because it was new to half of the people, including the tank, and the whole raid team didn't get the Weekly PO when we finally did it.

Sent an in-game ticket and got reply saying I should sent an bug-report instead (and one is sent).

If you're not going to fix the bug, I demand you at least give me the 12 weekly PO points I EARNED.

PS: the people were great, people were chill, and everyone got the mechanic at the second try, it was a good run despite Bioware's incompetence that ruined everyone's victory.

I got the same thing from customer service: 'sorry, nothing we can do. open a bug.'

There are two things that could have been done by DEV to at least put a band-aid on this issue:

1. update the description string to remove Dread Palace in all languages.

2. update the config file to remove this weekly PO from the list of available POs that can come up.

Neither of the above should require a re-deployment of code. 5 minutes of effort, tops.

Oh, I also demanded (from Customer Service) that they run an update SQL script on my game to flag me as 'complete' for that weekly PO. If they can go into the DB and verify that I completed the Dread Palace op, then they can go in there and update one simple flag and give me credit for the effort.

Oh, I also demanded (from Customer Service) that they run an update SQL script on my game to flag me as 'complete' for that weekly PO. If they can go into the DB and verify that I completed the Dread Palace op, then they can go in there and update one simple flag and give me credit for the effort.

they can't do it, I asked, nicely, the first time it happened, and was told it was impossible.

they can't do it, I asked, nicely, the first time it happened, and was told it was impossible.

That's what they said to me. That should only be true if they only have 'read' access to the DBs. If they need 'write' access, then escalate and get someone involved who can do it. Adjusting the flag for completion shouldn't require more than an easy update SQL script. Seriously, this should take a minute to fix on their end for anyone who shares the same problem.

Of greater importance, changing the description string and/or disabling the mission entirely needs to be done until they fix the issue entirely.

They are full of *redacted* I figured as much. Saw someone forming DF earlier and got a lucky spot.

They don't fix the bug because it is too difficult for them.

They don't even do the laziest thing that is to remove DP and ToS from the list. How difficult is that?

I managed to get into a DF run last night as well. I feel lucky, considering that most of these weekly op quests are completed on Tuesday when they first go live. Trying to put a group together after Tuesday can be about as much fun as repeatedly slamming your hand in a car door.