armours with a working jetpack?

bob-a

I met another bounty hunter on Belsavis the other day, and I noticed he had an armour with an actual working jetpack. With working jetpack I mean that the flame jet actually comes out of the jetpack exausts rather than under his feet during jetpack moves (death from above, rocket boost and maybe some more powertech specific abilities, Im a merc myself)

The armour he used was the purple chestplate you get from the Oricon quests (the one with lvl 53 purple mods in it).

ofc the first thing I did afterwards was change my own BH outfit to incorporate that armour. luckily I had it hoarded away in my vault still.

However, the armour itself is not perfect. imo the shoulderplates are a bit small and the arms are not covered with plate.

So my question: does anyone know if any more armours exist with an actual working jetpack? Adaptive armours only ofc, no one cares about green crap. I would love to compile a list about this, I cant be the only bounty hunter out there that wants this.

and a note to the bounty hunter dev: please please make all the armours that incorporate a jetpack into the design fire the flame jet from the jetpack exausts rather than under the feet like the other classes have it.

I'm pretty sure all heavy armor that can be modded with a jetpack on them functions as such. I haven't ever worn one that didn't function. HOWEVER the adaptive armor that can be worn by any class does not have working jetpacks even if there is a jetpack on it, for example the chest from the Bounty Hunter event.

Pretty much all customizable Heavy armor with jetpacks on the model work just fine. So you can check the gtn for heavy orange chests and pick your favorite there. The comms vendors are another great place to look. I know for a fact the Contractor's chest works as well. I'm pretty sure both manhunter chests also work.

HOWEVER the adaptive armor that can be worn by any class does not have working jetpacks even if there is a jetpack on it, for example the chest from the Bounty Hunter event.

This make me so :mad::mad::mad:

I was very dissappointed having gone to all the rep raising effort to get this chest only to find the jetpack was a fake! you would think a chest from a bounty hunter event would have a jetpack that worked like a bounty hunter needs it to!!!

Back to the drawing board looking for a chest piece that fits and is jetpack enabled!

Depends on how many credits you're ready to spend. There's TT-17 Hydra set (very expensive on GTN because of rare drop) and Electrum Onslaught (craftable). There's a little difference between them, and they look awesome on BH.

Just want to give an update on this. While the Electrum Onslaught armour does indeed look awesome, it does NOT have a working jetpack.

I found the TT-17 Hydra set on the auction hall but it is indeed too expensive, I cant afford that.

So I guess I stick with what I have for now, anyone else found any working jetpacks?

• 5 years later...
Maybe its best to make a list with armoursets that do not have a working jetpack... The one that annoys me most is the remnant resurected bountyhunter chestpiece

Better to make a list of all the armours with bugged rocket boost operation(1), but yes.

Examples: I don't remember if they fixed them yet, but I remember a couple of specific oddities:

* The original Havoc Squad set had (still has?) a flame under the backpack, but it was/is upside down.

* One of the Dancer or Reveler sets has (had?) a jetpack flame instead of shoe flames, but no jetpack.

(1) There are three categories of jetpack bugs that I can think of:

* Boot flames when there's a jetpack.

* Jetpack flames when there's no jetpack.

* Flames that, regardless of whether there's a jetpack, are buggy in some other way.

• 1 month later...