How About A Mobile Space Station/Starship Stronghold?

Korithras

So maybe this has been suggested by others before me, and if it has then oh well, I apologize for the duplicate post. But how about either a space station or starship stronghold that is mobile much like the guild flagship, that we can park over whichever planet we wish for the view of our choice?

In terms of size I'm thinking around the size of Manaan or Tatooine in terms of the amount of space to move around and number of hooks available. So 800 - 900 hooks, maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

You could even do different stations/ships that are themed differently: So you've got something similar to the Republic and Imperial guild starships, obviously. But something a bit more neutral and not so militaristic in design: like say something like a Port Nowhere-themed station, or a Mandalorian ship?

While I would like to see each one have its own unique layout for true individuality, if for the sake of development time and costs you kept the same layout, but went with different interior designs (again something Imperial, something Republic, and then more neutral appearances as well) that would go a long way to make this work.

• 2 months later...
this si what i wanted from the Gravestone, it had potential to be a new ship to use in the galaxy. the hanger can even have room for your own Class Ship. and whateven better? you can put decos in the bigger starship. ( sorry not a fan of guildships.) i want a stronghold that i can move around in the galaxy without it being a guild ship. u know what i mean?

I've always wished they'd give us our class ships as strongholds.

Strip out all the pre-placed assets (except for a couple of key items like the comm terminal and bridge controls) and put plenty of hooks everywhere.

I know they couldn't do it during the class story, since things need to happen there, but after the class story, we could zone into a SH version instead of the default ship.

We could have one stronghold for each model.

I'm glad we now have Fleet apartments. They're awesome. Some people have suggested apartments on Zakuul and Port Nowhere. I would enjoy decorating those.

Edited by Xina_LA

That's what I was saying. I think a space station desined like the fleets vaiken or equivalent pub. Just alittle smaller.. like 1200 to 1800 hooks like yavin or alderaan, with 12-14 rooms includng docing ring for starships. Visible docking spots in space attached to the docking ring via tunnel or something, also a room for security including office and jail cells, ops station for controlls of the guns,(shooting at random or off) and a button to move the station to a list of planets for a price, medica room for healing, promenade for shops. And maybe a room or two for storage.. kinda like DS9 from star trek Edited by jfritt

It would be especially awesome if people could fly their personal starships to their friend's space station and disembark from there.

I always thought it would be nice if there was an entrance to player housing somewhere on the world maps. In Lord of the Rings Online, you walk through a gate and it asks you where you want to go, then zones you there. You could pick off your keyring, search by name, or get the standard list you see at the SH kiosks. It's just a bit more immersive and RP friendly than the kiosks.

this si what i wanted from the Gravestone, it had potential to be a new ship to use in the galaxy. the hanger can even have room for your own Class Ship. and whateven better? you can put decos in the bigger starship. ( sorry not a fan of guildships.) i want a stronghold that i can move around in the galaxy without it being a guild ship. u know what i mean?

r.i.p.s gravestone