I don't mind the Ewok, except..

DregorThule

Have a cutscene with the Ewok engaging in some kind of exceedingly violent nonsense, a la HK-47, and people will go ZOMG BIOWARE SHE IS THE SINGLE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER I LITERALLY ROTFL'ED!!!

You see, it's the dichotomy between her looking cute and being bad *** that does it.

What can I say, people are easy to please.

Edited by Machine-Elf

Have a cutscene with the Ewok engaging in some kind of exceedingly violent nonsense, a la HK-47, and people will go ZOMG BIOWARE SHE IS THE SINGLE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER I LITERALLY ROTFL'ED!!!

One of her attacks is a beehive attack. "Not ze beez! Not ze beez!1111"

Yes yes, Ewoks are "cute". But this Treek chick is down right psychotic. I LOVE HER.

And I love that they gave her her own unique animations. I was worried that the whole Ewok thing would be nothing more than a clone for an already existing companion with an Ewok skin on it .

I'm very happy with Treek and look forward to future companions. I do hope they stay away from Gungans, though. Not that I have any issues with them, but damn. Gungans are hated more than Ewoks and I think the forums would explode with rage.

I do want another Human or near-human companion that is same gender romanceable. Flirting with that Sith guy on Makeb was fun and all... But I'm over it.

The Ewok has me pretty disgusted honestly. With all players have been asking for and all they could be doing to improve this game by fixing things and adding good playable content, they spend dev money and time on this. Disgusting.

The second thing is it's face being a little bit creepy. But maybe that's problem of all Ewoks.

To sum it up, I understand why some people don't like this choice. But I'm excited about it. The main reason might be a surprise. I didn't expect this and certainly didn't expect it would be Ewok. I guess I like being surprised.

In the optional unsub-questionnaire last year from EA, there was a part that referenced an ewok companion, alongside Makeb and other "new" content that has been introduced.

In short, again, this was already in the works, and BioWare are releasing it now.

My impression is instead of including new race, FPs, companion, WZ, and other things with Makeb, it was decided to make the expansion extremely cheap and release the rest as patches, as there isn't much else the team has to offer at the moment to subscribers.

Hopefully, that changes as the game moves forward into next year, especially in regards to additional class story. They have a relatively stable sub-base, and many F2P folks, all using the CM, and what seems to be a good profit. Surely, it's possible to make another chapter of class stories and sell it, even at a substantial cost to players (a real expansion).

The trouble is folks are spending $60 on hypercrates each month. What incentive do they have to sell actual game content for the same price?

Edited by arunav

My impression is instead of including new race, FPs, companion, WZ, and other things with Makeb, it was decided to make the expansion extremely cheap and release the rest as patches, as there isn't much else the team has to offer at the moment to subscribers.

Isn't that better? You pay relly low amount for expansion pack and the rest is either free (or for in-game credits) or optional to buy separately if you like it. Plus, the gaming market wants it that way (judging from how successful this model is in mobile gaming)

Hopefully, that changes as the game moves forward into next year, especially in regards to additional class story. They have a relatively stable sub-base, and many F2P folks, all using the CM, and what seems to be a good profit. Surely, it's possible to make another chapter of class stories and sell it, even at a substantial cost to players (a real expansion).
More larger story would be great. But I still would like something like a big goal for all classes, but each contributes to it in their own way. Because our characters are, basically, galactic legends by the time Act 3 ends, so having a big quest that helps your faction more than "just you", seems better. Plus, it would be probably easier and cheaper to produce, as many of the stuff could be reused for different class subplots.

If we look at it like on Avengers movie, Chapter 1-3 was each hero's movie, establishing who they are. Now, we are joined together for some epic mission that is way above normal troops. But we still contribute in our own way, ie, in Avengers, Thor using Chrysler building as an amplifier to hold enemy at bay, while Cap is evacuating people and organizing local forces, Tony luring enemy around, eventually launching the final kill strike on enemy, Hulk beating crap out of everyone, and Hawk/Widow assassinating enemies from afar or up close

The trouble is folks are spending $60 on hypercrates each month. What incentive do they have to sell actual game content for the same price?

Who are you to tell people how to spend their money. $60 per month can be pocket change for some people

Who are you to tell people how to spend their money. $60 per month can be pocket change for some people

The poster said "People (players) are paying 60 bucks a month for hypercrates. What incentive do they (devs) have to create other content."

It's not a matter of what people decide they spend their money on, they can spend it on whatever they want, but if people are willing to spend 60 bucks a month on the packs, really, why would the devs want to work on anything else?