Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

JackNimbyl

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think without the Emperor, the Emperor's Warth is just back to being a normal sithlord, a very powerful one but just one amogst many. Darth Nox on the other side is still a member of the dark council and so one of the leaders of the Sith Empire. I'd also say, that the Warth never had real power, he had no real imperial rank and was more like a personal hitman of the Emperor.

You cant realy say witch one is stronger in the force, but i dont think this is the topic :D

Sorry for bad english mates :)

Klick me: http://www.swtor.com/r/CzXB9j :)

Wrath gets points for getting the emperors attention. While the Emperor did not give two ***** about the inqusitor until Ziost. That speaks volumes in a debate like this.

At that time, the Warrior was still considered to be full of potential. The Sith version of Luke basically.

Inquisitor obviously had potential, but due to slave background it was never even noticed/considered.

Darth Nox it is known to be the most powerful Sith in generations. Considered his lineage, his conection with the force and his dark side knowledge. Nox is also a very good lighsaber wielder this is shown when he/she got his lighsaber for the first time. So, even if the Wrath is a master of lighsaber combat thats not mean his advantege over darth nox is huge. And now i know it is said that the "Emperor's Wrath" must be capable to take out all and everyone of the Darth Council merbers BUT! Remember this, Emperor's Wrath serve the emperor, the dark council members fear's you ,yes BUT they fear the allpowerful Emperor even more and dont want to get on his blacklist. But what happen when your "Boss" is gone? you as his Wrath are left vulnerable. Now even if Wrath is a master of lighsaber combat and has a pretty good conection with the force wich cant even be compared with Nox conection, thats all what he had. Lore-wise no LS Version , it is know that sith warrior preffer action and he jump in a fight without analyze his oponent too much or thinking of a strategy relying on his brute force and power. Nox is a master of manipulation and tactician considered his power base thats mean he can prepare the gound of the Wrath, he will analyze him and find his weaknesses(love for vette,duh :)) ) leaving the wrath without way out?

And now what i think it will happen in a 1vs1 duel? well... lets say this :

Wrath will try to mentain a close combat but it will be hard because Nox know about his mele prefferences even if the wraht will use the Force jump Nox cand use his Force speed to retreat or even Nox will chose to fight in a close combat with wrath allitle bit just to mock him, causing him to be lose in his own rage. And so Wrath's brute force will be incresed but his atentions at details and battle strategy will be drastucally reduced, and beeing bombarded with force lightnings over force lightnings this will add even more pressure on Wrath, even if Wrath will try to force chocke Nox he will not be capable of , because of his lack of focus and second because of Force lightning shield of nox, then Nox will engandge again in a close combat but this time Wrath hits are just powerful bu not precise , Nox will wait and use his force speed to dodge and strike a finaly blow in wrath belly,chest.

PS: I am not a SI fan, my only SI is lvl ... 40 almost but insteed i have 3 highlevel Sith Warriors. No one question the Wrath power and strenght but his lack of strategy and focus in combat against a master tactician who also happen to be one of the most poweful sith in generations and also a good lighsaber wielder, can be his doom, easly. Sorry for my bad english btw but i hope it is understable :) Now if you will escuse me ill go to level my new main :p

Edited by ZibzRO

• 4 months later...
In a straight up fight, it depends on if the Wrath can close the gap. They both specialize in different things, but I would give lightsaber combat to the Wrath. The thing is, Nox would know this, and thus try do everything in his/her power to prevent the Wrath from even getting close to him/her.

Power in the force does not really matter here hey Anakin was the force user with the most potential ever but he still got dismembered by Dooku and later Obi Won and later Galen Marek and later Luke.

You see raw power can be overcomed with skill and while Nox is skilled he is not as skilled as the Wrath who fought even the emperor and won. But lets look at that engagement there where in a small cave not a lot of range for the emperor and easier for the Wrath to close the gap and overwhelm the emperor with his lightsaber prowess.

If there was bigger arena it will have gone to the emperor. So where will the fight between Nox and Wrath will be placed?

Don't know if this has been asked but...Discuss from a story/canon perspective, so leave in game mechanics out of it. Both have put down Sith Lords and Jedi Masters alike. Who would win in a fight? We have the Emperor's Wrath, most likely a champion of lightsaber combat and superior in physical ability. Not to mention sporting more advanced armor. Or Darth Nox, more knowledgeable and stronger in the force.

Well that's my opinion when it comes to canon.

The Emperor's Wrath is Touched and Blessed by our Supreme Master, the immortal Sith Emperor himself, so that the Wrath can not even possibly defeated. Daring to doubt that you are guilty of heresy, blasphemy and high treason. Please adress the Dromund Kaas authorities so that they can arrange your immediate and painful incineration.

• 3 weeks later...

We have to assume that Nox and Wrath are masters of all the specializations they have available for their base class.

I think Wrath would win.

In a direct lightsaber duel, Wrath would overwhelm Nox. Nox would need to depend on stealth to stand a chance, but Wrath has force abilities that he can use to cripple Nox's ability to cloak himself. Nox would then have to separate himself from Wrath, and get some range on him. But, Wrath has the ability to camouflage himself using the force for a short time, making him completely undetectable, even to force-users; wrath could use it to close the distance gap. I cant see Nox winning against the wrath, but I don't think the fight would be one-sided. I think the wrath would walk away alive, but severely burned, possibly crippled.

The Emperor's Wrath is Touched and Blessed by our Supreme Master, the immortal Sith Emperor himself, so that the Wrath can not even possibly defeated. Daring to doubt that you are guilty of heresy, blasphemy and high treason. Please adress the Dromund Kaas authorities so that they can arrange your immediate and painful incineration.

your character, our empire's wrath was not touched by the emperor at any point in the storyline, further more our characters had the choice to leave the emperor behind. if our character was linked to the emperor like the rest of his followers in the force, he would be able to exercise control over you at a moments notice of his own desire and feed off you to keep himself alive like hes done with the imperial guard and the nathema zealots.

As far as the empire is concerned the idea of being a treasonous scum bag won't weigh in as much as you think it would, if you look at what happened with the dark council over Baras and Thanaton, they were split over the action taken or even what they thought of the men, but even so both of them committed acts that defied the sith and their traditions.

Seems to me that Nox would win. The Wrath is tough and knows their way around a lightsaber, but Nox is fueled by the power of six bound Force ghosts and is shown tossing Thanaton (one of the Empire's most skilled sorcerers) around like a ragdoll in their final showdown. And let us not forget that Nox was no slouch in Force combat even before learning to Force walk: on Dromund Kaas, literally just days out of the Sith Academy, they kill Lord Ogathu in personal combat to get Darth Skotia's Trandoshan tablet without resorting to any arcane rituals or prototype weapons. They just curb stomp a Sith Lord like it ain't no thang. And, of course, if push comes to shove, remember that Nox cannot actually die until their connection with the Force ghosts is severed. It's doubtful that the Wrath knows how to do this or even that it needs to be done, so that's an automatic and very powerful advantage for Nox.

Of course, since Nox is a Dark Council member, the Wrath might have a bit of a challenge getting to them to begin with. Although we never actually seem to meet any of them, presumably Nox has legions of Sith Lords, powerful in their own right, at their command along with armies of troops, and could dispatch them against any would-be foe.

And let us not forget that Nox was no slouch in Force combat even before learning to Force walk: on Dromund Kaas, literally just days out of the Sith Academy, they kill Lord Ogathu in personal combat to get Darth Skotia's Trandoshan tablet without resorting to any arcane rituals or prototype weapons. They just curb stomp a Sith Lord like it ain't no thang.

You also shouldn't forget no matter the training at Korriban that teaches kids to become sith, their new masters teach them everything they can about being a sith as an apprentice, so that means all their fighting styles, tehniques and thinking. If Skotia's training is only adequate before becoming a darth, or his abilities were simply at their limits in the force, his apprenctices would only know and learn as much as he would. Just because someone knows how to survive fighting lower skilled sith for years as servant to Skotia, doesn't make them powerful even when they have the title of Lord.

Considering that Skotia is considered a beast in combat that Nox can only hope to beat by crippling him before the fight starts, assuming that his combat training is substandard seems like a reach.

Yet next to Lord Draag in power Skotia is not even a speck. Thats the difference between Baras's talent scouting and his own training compared to the likes of Skotia. So it may not be substandard teaching, but you can't teach a person to climb up a wall who doesn't know how to climb it themselves.

And I'm saying, all we know about Lord Ogathu is that he's a Sith Lord who was assigned by Skotia to guard his hidden bunker and the relics contained inside, and he's an Elite level enemy. You're assuming that Ogathu must be incompetent at combat, or that Skotia was a poor teacher, and that's why Nox beat him. Thing is, though: there's no actual evidence that's so in the game. The only reason to assume that Ogathu is a weakling is that you want him to be because it makes killing him less impressive for an apprentice fresh off Korriban to pull off.

And I'm saying, all we know about Lord Ogathu is that he's a Sith Lord who was assigned by Skotia to guard his hidden bunker and the relics contained inside, and he's an Elite level enemy. You're assuming that Ogathu must be incompetent at combat, or that Skotia was a poor teacher, and that's why Nox beat him. Thing is, though: there's no actual evidence that's so in the game. The only reason to assume that Ogathu is a weakling is that you want him to be because it makes killing him less impressive for an apprentice fresh off Korriban to pull off.

if that Lord was well trained, he would of made mince meat of your character, thats what the power structure of the Sith is:, the strong survive, the weak die.

Darth Tormen said basically the exact same thing to my Mercenary when he pointed out that he had killed Sith before: only weak Sith get killed, so if my Mercenary killed them, they must have been weak. It's a classic logical fallacy.

Maybe Ogathu lost to Darth Nox because he was weak or poorly trained. Maybe that's it. But it's just as reasonable to argue based on the evidence that he lost because Nox is a ****** who already pulled off several supposedly impossible feats before reaching Dromund Kaas.

Darth Tormen said basically the exact same thing to my Mercenary when he pointed out that he had killed Sith before: only weak Sith get killed, so if my Mercenary killed them, they must have been weak. It's a classic logical fallacy.

Maybe Ogathu lost to Darth Nox because he was weak or poorly trained. Maybe that's it. But it's just as reasonable to argue based on the evidence that he lost because Nox is a ****** who already pulled off several supposedly impossible feats before reaching Dromund Kaas.

There will always be superstars or insanely talented types that will come through and rise above everyone else far faster and stronger than those around them and there will be those who learn at a snails pace taking their entire lives to reach the same point another can do in only a few years.

how strong one is in the force has as much to do with it as how much training one can accomplish not only with that but how good their training is. Nox came through absorbing everything like a sponge, true there were one or two things that got Nox there a bit quicker, but honestly Nox's ability and talent is clearly superstar level to get to the council in a few years with or without assistance.

Vitiate was 10 when he became Lord of the sith, a few years later he became a Darth and a member of the dark council. that lasted for a century before his whole immortality thing and becoming emperor.

Marr became a Darth and council member when he was 21 and 44 years later he died at Zakuul.

Thanaton became a Darth at the age of 18 and lasted 37 years before dying to Darth Martis while grovelling on the floor.

Now look at the likes of Malgus and Baras, they took a lot longer to make the position of Darth and they had to find ways to compensate to make themselves more powerful, their own training alone wasn't enough and when all else failed, they decided to turn on everyone to try prove a point.. a point of how quickly their power lasts against the really powerful.

As for the idea of non force users who can beat strong force users in battle? smart bounty hunters can overcome a strong force user with the right training, tools and abilities. but this game fails to deliver on that and instead turns it into a generic fight while making it look like a fallacy.

Edited by Celise

I don't disagree with any of that. It kind of feels like you're making my argument for me.

there is a lot more to this point than you may realize. so i will just state that both of us have different points but it was on the same side of the coin in the end.

• 1 month later...

OK, so here's my POV,

So the Wrath, has been trained since... when? he was 10? 15? Seeing as how he's what, 20? when he reaches the academy on Korriban, and he's been called ''the best of his class'' or something. then, a month later or so, he killes his overseer. An overseer, not a lord, not a darth, an overseer. and bear in mind that that's after 5-10 years + the extra month or so on korriban.

Nox, on the other hand, has had no previous training, or guidance, and yet (I'm just gonna assume that Acolytes spend a month on Korriban) after his extremely short training, he kills a Lord (Skotia's gaurd), a Darth (Skotia), another Lord (The one on Nar Shadaa). after minimal training.

Wrath beats an overseer. which is cool, but not as cool as killing a darth after no training at all.

Sooo... Nox

And that's just the beginning, but I gtg, so finish it later

OK, so here's my POV,

So the Wrath, has been trained since... when? he was 10? 15? Seeing as how he's what, 20? when he reaches the academy on Korriban, and he's been called ''the best of his class'' or something. then, a month later or so, he killes his overseer. An overseer, not a lord, not a darth, an overseer. and bear in mind that that's after 5-10 years + the extra month or so on korriban.

Nox, on the other hand, has had no previous training, or guidance, and yet (I'm just gonna assume that Acolytes spend a month on Korriban) after his extremely short training, he kills a Lord (Skotia's gaurd), a Darth (Skotia), another Lord (The one on Nar Shadaa). after minimal training.

Wrath beats an overseer. which is cool, but not as cool as killing a darth after no training at all.

Sooo... Nox

And that's just the beginning, but I gtg, so finish it later

I'm in Darth Imperius' camp, but do remember that the Wrath also takes out a Sith Lord on Nar Shaddaa.

Comparing kills is a bit pointless, since they're both obviously more powerful than anybody they've had to fight.

Darth Nocclerius

- Force Walk for Nox and maybe Occlus

- Force Lightning grants a bit of a ranged advantage

- Seems to be more of an independent thinker, a strategist rather than a blunt instrument for other Sith to use against each other

The Emperor's Wrath

- Obviously holy-crap levels of dangerous at melee combat

- Out of any number of Warriors in the Sith Order, the Emperor (or his Hand) picked this one out as his personal assassin

- Counterpoint to above: the Emperor might have been worried that someone more powerful could've been a threat or a loose cannon

I'm inclined to think the Inquisitor is more powerful, but that's just because Sorcerers and the like seem to be Serious Business in non-SWTOR EU materials (and I like the Inquisitor story much better, so I'm biased).

I'd have to go with the Wrath. Depending on how the Wrath is played they're not just a blunt instrument; they're extremely savvy , smart and discerning and either calculating or diplomatic, depending on choices. They've also taken up numerous rituals/trainings throughout their quests to strengthen their powers and understanding of the Force, so they're not just out there slashing their way through life (there are a number of times the Wrath has the option to learn from those they meet). The Dread Masters want the Wrath, not Nox - and the Wrath is the one who draws attention from both the Emperor and Marr.

I'd have to go with the Wrath. Depending on how the Wrath is played they're not just a blunt instrument; they're extremely savvy , smart and discerning and either calculating or diplomatic, depending on choices. They've also taken up numerous rituals/trainings throughout their quests to strengthen their powers and understanding of the Force, so they're not just out there slashing their way through life (there are a number of times the Wrath has the option to learn from those they meet). The Dread Masters want the Wrath, not Nox - and the Wrath is the one who draws attention from both the Emperor and Marr.

The Dread Masters actually want both, and the Inquisitor didn't catch the Emperor's eye due to not being involved in shenanigans related directly to the Emperor, like the Warrior was. Marr is also interested in both.