Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Our new Login Rewards system is now available for testing on PTS! Players will receive rewards just for logging in. Subscribers will also receive bonus rewards. Please, keep in mind those rewards are subject to change.

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for.

• Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?
  • Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
  • Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
  • In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?
  • After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
  • There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

Let us know your thoughts.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the fact that the window itself and the icons for the different rewards are clearly unpolished, my initial thoughts are that the rewards can be very nice for new players who are leveling their characters, but they are not interesting for veteran players with fully geared endgame characters at all.

I guess this is the basic idea behind the Login rewards, but I don't feel like they are giving me any additional incentive to log in as a seasoned player of this game.

I also feel that the upgraded subscriber rewards are lacking, at least the one you are currently presenting on the PTS. I personally don't do PvP, so a Valor token is of no interest to me. Since I was especially looking forward to the bonus subscriber rewards, I was pretty disappointed.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Here are my screenshots of what I see in the login reward system for today:

---

Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

Yep in the obnoxiously large intro popup window lol

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

Yes, though I don't know what they are yet

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

Like Basic Battle Stim being the lowest, and Scrap 25 the highest? I didn't even recognize there was a gradient since they all registered as "low end items" to me. If you mean Week 3 being better, I can not see week 3.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

Eh to all. Though I see a Valor token in the sub rewards and I want that lol!!!

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

1. Do I log in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to get my rewards. or is it simply the first day I log in, then the second day is whenever the next time I log in is, even if it's next week?
  2. The sub rewards seem cool. Log in four days a week. Get good reward at end. Would like to see what the other rewards in the small circles are.
  3. What will the claim all button do?
  4. What's in the strength in allies premium crate at the seventh slot? Do i need to log in once every day of the week to get it?

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I don't understand it because I can't see future calendars they are not clickable.

What I don't understand, are the login rewards cumulative? In other words, if you miss a single day will you start back at 1?

In that case, I find the login rewards harmful, especially considering some of the higher achievements.

Everyone occasionally has some real-life stuff interfering, or is without access to Internet or a computer for 24 hours.

With other daily promotions, like CM sales or CXP bonus, this is not an issue as you can miss some days and still be okay; but with these login rewards, you will miss out on the big items.

If anything, it encourages account sharing so you have friends login for you, which is clearly not what you intend.

Also, I am somewhat concerned for players playing on multiple servers. I assume you'll have to login daily on each server to get the rewards everywhere.

To answer your questions, the intermediate rewards are not that interesting; the main reason for me to login would be the achievements and the final box to get a chance at the new Crate-o-matic.

Also, I know the UI is not final but please add tooltips so we can better see what the items are.

Edited by Jerba

Yes, its quite large.

• Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

In theory, yes, in execution, no. Mostly because the weekly bonus seems to be valor, and while that can be valuable to those farming PvP its not exactly worthwhile to me.

• Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

I think the earlier weeks are definitely lackluster for veteran players, for newer players I could see it being an incentive but for veteran players its kind of meh. The latter weeks definitely feel more rewarding but I'd suggest instead of a bag of artifact gifts they'd be legendary, I think rarer rewards would make the new system a bit more appealing to veteran players.

Least valuable probably the combat stims, because I'm a biochem and the stims provided are pretty weak compared to mine but again I can see that being attractive to newer players. Most valuable might be the artifact gift bags, though again I'd suggest making it legendary to make it more attractive, the social boosts are also nice.

• After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

I echo SWTORista's doubts, those things are not clear to me.

• There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

Much like SWTORista I cannot access the other reward calendars. Unless you mean the other weeks, calendar, I can access that but can't see anything beyond week 4.

Also, I know the UI is not final but please add tooltips so we can better see what the items are.

I second this.

Edited by FlameYOL

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I don't understand it because I can't see future calendars they are not clickable.

Click the little arrows by the week number to see different weeks. "Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes" in Week 4 might be interesting, and the end of Week 4 is the big prize for lots of people: Five Cartel Market Certificates.

Hi everyone,

Our new Login Rewards system is now available for testing on PTS! Players will receive rewards just for logging in. Subscribers will also receive bonus rewards. Please, keep in mind those rewards are subject to change.

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for.

Let us know your thoughts.

>>>>> Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

It was extremely difficult to miss, although I'm a little concerned about how much height it's going to take up on screens smaller than 1920x1080.

>>>>> Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

I'm on strike from Warzones(1), so a "Token of Valor" is of essentially no value. However, if it's something of broader use, maybe, depending on how useful it is.

>>>>> Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

They are all a bit meh, especially Valor and Starfighter boosters. I get unreasonable quantiites of Jawa tokens anyway, so those don't add much, and 25K credits every four weeks isn't very much. But being able to get CMCs a different way is interesting.

>>>>> After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

The space available is a bit limiting, and I'm left wondering what's *in* Week 4's "Large Bag of Grade 11". OK, whatever it is, it's Grade 11, but it's not clear whether it has Grade 11 Materials, Grade 11 First-round Components (Bonded Assemblies, Cell Grafts, that stuff), or Grade 11 something else.

>>>>> There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

So long as there's good rewards, it doesn't matter whether so much they are the same each four-week cycle or different from cycle to cycle, although I'd say that if there's only three, we'll get used to it after not all that long.

There's also a thing that if it's a single pattern the same in all cycles, we know what to expect, which is good and bad. Good if it's good stuff, bad if it's meh or actively bad.

(1) Unranked Deserter Lockout, as previously discussed.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I could, it was literally right in my face. :confused: (i dont however like the little box where now stands WIP. Maybe it can be implemented within the already huge *** box?)

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

I don't know what it is yet, but i hope its something useful?

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

The structure is good. But i think people should be able to pick their own prizes, or re-roll. Or maybe make them choose which kind of prized theyd like to get. for example pvprs could select grenades for in warzones, rp'rs could select decorations or dye's. while pve'rs could select.. idk? and crafters select items to craft with. Right now it's all the same for everyone, yet: nobody has the same playstyle. To which it isn't as rewarding to everyone.

1k credits. Really? I'd make it: 10k first week, 50k second week, 100k 3rd week and 250k 4th week.

And not many really get excited about scrap of Jawajunk.. Maybe crafters. Perhaps it's an idea where people can choose their own rewards? For example: pick between credits, stim or crafting stuff? Or decorations? As the rewards don't really have anything of value for RP'rs within the game. (most live for dye's, outfits and decorations. While this system is only focused mostly for what it feels new players with very low stims and pve for crafting.)

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

It's all very clear. But what will happen once you don't log in a day? As -having- to log in daily could potentially make you burn out faster, and not wanting to log in at all. Which makes it feel that what you did over the past weeks before it has been for all nothing. (inrl can always happen and cause you not to log in. We live in strange times where people not always think of ''Oh crap! wait! i need to log in for my jawajunk!''

I could only see for the upcoming month. I think the 4th week should be for example week 2. And with much higher rewards. And what happens if (for example) you log in a lot and kept it up for a whole month? Will you receive again 1k credits the next month? or will the reward streak continue?

While I haven't logged in yet to check. I will later, I have a class in about 30 minutes so no time yet but from what I am reading above is true and it is basically just pvp junk (no offense to those that like pvp) then it gives me 0 reason to log in. I will check later to see but if that is all the rewards are then.....No.

Checking Day 1.

YES!

YES YES YES!

Does the reward structure feel good?

Yeah! The structure is cool. The items... are TBD.

Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

Oh my cotton socks! Did you not hear what I just said?!

BTW, there is an issue where you can repeatedly click the different daily items, and it keeps giving conquest reward indication. It doesn't count, even the one claimed.

I'm operating under the assumption it's going to be based on level. Also that everyone gets the same. Items are in daily order. I am not taking tradability into consideration.

At level 75, any basic stim is really bad. I don't expect the crafted high quality stuff, but these don't boost in a meaningful way.

A social boost? I don't need it. Nor want it. Ever.

Scrap? Ehhh okay. The amounts need tweaking.

Bag of gifts? They should really start at Premium. The gold quality gifts are extremely (probably a bit too much) necessary for influence.

Love the idea. 1k, 3k, 6k, 30k credits? That's quite "meh" over a month.

The weekly crates, I can't say yet.

The Weekly Sub Bonus. Idk yet. However a Token of Valor, if it gives points, fine. But I don't PvP. So if it's a booster, then it's useless.

Taking into consideration tradability and not level based.

Cool stuff.

I will let you know.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this?

I like that it's not the same every day or every week. I don't have a problem with this aspect what so ever. Especially if there's a chance I miss something I might get it later. Not that there's anything exclusive. And I'm not left wondering "What is next? Should I log in risking (insert important thing here) just to get x reward?"

Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I don't see why not.

I plan to refresh at the end of a week, and again later on.

Yes.

Not really. I think it could, but I don't care about Valor XP.

Week 4 has rewards that feel worthwhile and are of higher value, but weeks 1-3 more or less feel as if they have no value at all.

Items which seem worthless:

Week One

- Complimentary Minor Social

- 1k Credit Certificate

- Scrap: Scavenged

Week Two

- 2 Complimentary Minor Social

- Scrap: Scavenged

- Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts

- 3k Credit Cetificate

Week Three

- Complimentary Major Social

- Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts

- 6k Credit Certificate

- Scrap: Jawa Junk

Week Four

- Scrap: Jawa Junk

While I can understand Scrap has its utility, I very rarely use it as a currency, and so I'd rather not have so many daily rewards do nothing more than fill up my bag space.

The stimulants are nice, but it would be much better if it was a base x5 stims, and x10 stims as a higher reward -- one stimulant isn't even enough for a single WZ match or Arena.

The dye satchel looks promising, and the 5 cartel certificates seems like a very worthy reward for 4 weeks of consecutive log-in. The companion gifts are nice enough.

I can't wrap my head around the social boosts, though. There's almost no utility from increasing your social level, and pretty much all of my toons cap out at Social X very quickly anyway. If these were general XP boosts to all experience gained (social, valor, command, etc.) they may feel more appropriate.

Not really, no.

I think it would be nice, if the rewards are actually worthwhile. If the rewards are more boosts/scrap that will just clutter my inventory, I don't think it's even worth the little pop up when I log in.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Yes

I would need to see the variety of offerings and maybe also be given a choice between items. Right now, Valor does nothing for me. Something like one free collection unlock would be absolutely amazing.

I felt like only the last week had worthwhile items.

Most: Cartel Market Certificates, Dyes

Neutral: Companion Gifts, Crates?

Least: Stims, Credits, Boosts, Jawa Junk

I strongly believe credits should not be a part of this system. We already have massive inflation in the game which is pushing rather mundane items out of the hands of most players. New players might immediately benefit from 30k, but ultimately it is part of the problem that has caused hypercrate costs to rise by over 100 million on Star Forge in just the last few months, as an example.

Stims and boosts are pretty much vendor trash and cargo hold space wasters to me.

I would love to see event currencies added to this system. As new events are added to the weekly mix, they occur less often, making the acquisition of specific rewards that much slower. It's also definitely not helped by patches that reset the order of the conquest calendar.

The progression needs to be explained better. The Subscriber bonus having a timer and the wording of "reward calendars" worries me. Is this a system where missing one day will lock you out of getting the crate for that week? Most of the people in my guild have busy lives and cannot login every day. They should have a shot at nice rewards too, even if it takes them a month instead of a week.

Randomness in SWTOR never equals fresh and exciting. Reliability in SWTOR is fresh and exciting. I would much rather see people getting to choose between things like Valor tokens or other currencies than some sort of random or rotating calendar system that gives what you don't want 2/3 of the time.

Just wanted to throw out an idea for a reward that I would personally find valuable. Reputation tokens. I'm sure some people have all of the factions maxed out, but there are a few factions that are annoying to get reputation for (e.g., GSI and the Hyperspace Armada) and I would love another reputation source for them, even if infrequent.

I don't see any use of having a long time veteran given some Scrap or Social Boost or Valor Boost. I don't think a newer Player would like such things overall too. Personally I just kick things like minor boosts or "stims" out of my inventar tbh.

BW deleted so many good looking transmogg sets/items that I honestly wonder why they not just give us one of the old sets or some transmogg items as a "higher" reward. These are some things that, in fact, would keep ME coming back to SWTOR and subscribe again.

Yes, very easy to find.

Not really sure as it seems to be for pvp at least right now and as for me no use. I don't pvp and NO this will not encourage me to PVP. If my boyfriend can't get me to PVP there is no way anyone else can. You need to add things not just for specific groups and you may want to consider adding things that veteran players might can use as well.

Maybe not sure. While a crafter some of the items will be helpful but I normally don't use those as I have a ton of materials, unless they have add those new materials to the jawa vendors.

Least valuable: PVP and stuff geared toward new players. I been here since launch and some of those rewards are not needed by me, especially pvp. Yea that again.

No, It is easy to read and figure out.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through.

In general, how do you feel about this?

So/so the only interesting is the cartel certificates and the credits but frankly credits are easy to make for me.

Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

So/so. If it is going to be mostly pvp, etc then nope. Not a reason to keep me logging in.

BW deleted so many good looking transmogg sets/items that I honestly wonder why they not just give us one of the old sets or some transmogg items as a "higher" reward. These are some things that, in fact, would keep ME coming back to SWTOR and subscribe again.

I would be so happy if they'd just give us little armor sets, cartel certs, maybe a small amount of CCs.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment and go a little deeper into our new Login Rewards system!

What Is the Login Reward System?

The Login Reward System is a new way to earn rewards each time you log into the game. All players, regardless of their subscription status, are eligible to participate.

In addition to the Login Reward, Subscribers are eligible for a Weekly Bonus Reward! Subscribers who log into the game at least 4 days during a week will be eligible to claim their Weekly Bonus Reward, which will vary from week to week.

Earn At Your Own Cadence

One of our primary design goals for the Login Reward system was to allow you the opportunity to progress your Reward Calendar at your own pace, without missing rewards! As such, the system tracks accumulated logins (think of a punch card), providing you with a reward every time you log into the game.

This means that if you log into the game for the first time on Monday, you earn your first reward. If you do not long into the game again until Friday, you still earn your second reward, as that is your second login. This continues until you have completed all 28 days in a Reward Calendar. Our Login Reward system does not have a timed expiration; you may progress the Reward Calendar at your own pace, be that 28 days, or more. We want your experience logging in to be a positive one, any time and every time.

Reward Calendars

The Login Reward system comprises 3 different Reward Calendars, each being 28 days in length. When you log into the game, you will be assigned 1 of the 3 different calendars; ‘Strength In Allies’, ‘United Efforts’, or ‘Aggressive Negotiations’. While the majority of the rewards are shared across all calendars, each of these specific calendars comes with their own “calendar defining rewards” based around their “theme”, or associated gameplay system.

• Strength In Allies - Companions. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Companion gift qualities and amounts.
  • United Efforts - Crew Skills. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various levels of Material qualities and amounts.
  • Aggressive Negotiations - Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various stims, adrenals, and Requisition grants.

Once you have completed your 28 day Reward Calendar, you will be assigned a new Reward Calendar on your next login, and can immediately continue to earn rewards.

Rewards

All players, regardless of their subscription status, are eligible to participate in Login Rewards! Rewards may only be claimed once per server, however almost all rewards which come from the Login Reward system are Bind On Legacy. This means that even if you logged into your main character who doesn’t need a particular item, you can still claim your reward and simply pass it onto another character on your account at your leisure.

As you progress through a Reward Calendar the rewards and the reward amounts will become more and more lucrative, and will include:

• Credit Chips
  • Scavenged Scrap
  • Assorted Droid Parts
  • Jawa Junk
  • Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes
  • Cartel Certificates

Every 7th login you can expect to find a chest waiting for you, filled with various rewards including a calendar-defining reward and the following (based on the login number):

• Purple Sparkle Powder ( 7th login in a calendar)
  • Tech Fragments (14th and 28th logins in a calendar)
  • Credit Chips (21st login in a calendar)
  • Personal Conquest Requisition (Grants 50k Personal Conquest points - 28th login in a calendar)
  • Legendary Embers (28th login in a calendar)

Subscriber Weekly Bonus Rewards

In addition to the Login Reward, subscribers are eligible for a Weekly Bonus Reward! Subscribers who log into the game at least 4 days during a week will be eligible to claim their Weekly Bonus Reward, which will vary from week to week.

These rewards are designed largely as time savers for Subscribed players, and include the following (to name a few):

• Personal Conquest Requisition (Grants 50k Personal Conquest points)
  • Valor Token (Grants 6k Valor)
  • Badge of Renown (Grants 160k Renown)
  • Crate of Universal Prefabs (Grants 1 of each MK-1, MK-2, MK-3, and MK-4 Universal Prefabs)

We hope you enjoy this new and exciting system, and look forward to your feedback!

Edited by EricMusco

Thank you for the reply to the thread -- the communication is really great to see! The answers were also really welcome; it cleared up a few incorrect assumptions I had about the system. I hope it's okay if I ask a few questions.

Earn At Your Own Cadence

This means that if you log into the game for the first time on Monday, you earn your first reward. If you do not long into the game again until Friday, you still earn your second reward, as that is your second login. This continues until you have completed all 28 days in a Reward Calendar. Our Login Reward system does not have a timed expiration; you may progress the Reward Calendar at your own pace, be that 28 days, or more. We want your experience logging in to be a positive one, any time and every time.

Is there any way to reset, or swap over, to a different calendar? I really like the idea of being able to get all 28 of the rewards even if I get a migraine and miss a day or my internet is out or something, but, on the flip side, I hate the thought of one or two of the calendars not really offering rewards I find worthwhile. When it's on a traditional calendar where everyone changes at the same time, it feels a bit more bearable if one of the months is not really offering something I want. On the flip side, if I have to log on and complete the entire calendar, just to get items I don't want, so that I have the chance of getting the calendar I'd like a month later, that sounds a little frustrating from a player perspective.

Reward Calendars

The Login Reward system comprises 3 different Reward Calendars, each being 28 days in length. When you log into the game, you will be assigned 1 of the 3 different calendars; ‘Strength In Allies’, ‘United Efforts’, or ‘Aggressive Negotiations’. While the majority of the rewards are shared across all calendars, each of these specific calendars comes with their own “calendar defining rewards” based around their “theme”, or associated gameplay system.

Is there any particular reason PvE isn't really reflected in the reward structure? Most of my companions are capped, and I think many veteran players can say similar, and I'm not huge into PvP or Galactic Starfighter. I know that these themes are only for occasional, 'defining' rewards, but it still seems kind of frustrating if the standard rewards across calendars lackluster, and the defining rewards don't really fit with the gameplay I take part in.

Is it possible to get repeat calendars, or do we have to complete all three before we see a repeat? For example, if I just completed the 28th day in the PvP calendar, is it possible for me to log in the next day and get the PvP calendar again?

Lastly, do you guys intend to expand upon the system, adding more calendar themes as time goes on? Occasionally introducing new, defining themes could be a fun way to mix up the log-in reward system.

Edited by jedimasterjac

[*]Aggressive Negotiations - Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. As you progress through this calendar, you can expect to earn various stims, adrenals, and Requisition grants.

So I know you guys are probably trying to promote PVP and GSF with this, but... I do think a LOT of people are going to find this incredibly underwhelming or absolutely useless. Like many people, I have zero interest in PVP. I wish you'd alter this one to include PVP *and* PVE stuff.

I echo previous statements the rewards are a bit underwhelming to say the least.

1k/3k/6k credits is NOTHING in the current economy on some of the swtor servers.

I can get more credits from selling the junk from the first group of mobs I see on a planet.

Jawa scrap is also a bit underwhelming, I feel I am pretty swarmed with Jawa scrap as is these days.

The companion gifts are nice, especially since we no longer get comp gifts from Renown crates like we used to do with command crates. Why not put some items as rewards that are a pain to get now? like Fleet Commendations to upgrade the class ships for Space Missions.

There are apparently hidden achievements to go through these calendars (and claim rewards) 10 times each. So, naturally the calendar assignment is going to be RNG-determined (if I’m reading it right).

3 calendars of 28 days each will take 840 days to complete 10 times each. RNG will make it longer.

Edited by mike_carton