Ten Issues with A Traitor Among the Chiss

How is it that no one mentioned that ever 2 seconds some a**hole is yelling house inrokini. Jesus Christ S T F U!

lol that's my biggest peeve of this whole flashpoint. but yes the starting mobs being immune it totally ridiculous.

Oh my God! I so agree, I was annoyed by this too! Between babysitting Temple and listening to the yelling I hate this FP.

Have you tried doing something silly like feeding her some good companion gifts?

I don't recall having any particular difficulty on my Lightning Sorc. My KC (tank) Shadow? Sure, that was hard work because of my low damage output, but not my LSorc. What's your gear like?

I did feed her comp gift to get her up to level 25 and still had to babysit her the whole time.

How many players actually run this crappy FP?

I always drop if it pops (and I'm almost never the first to drop), and I never run it on alts for story (I did once, that was enough for me).

I've done it on (counts) at least seven different characters(1), from end to end. The part before the underground installation drags a little, but if you compare it to running all over the beach and the Revanite installation on Rakata Prime, for example, it's suddenly not so bad.

(1) Kylath, Kylarina Lyuze, Tikreva'tarsil, Xalari'Pelarth, Yerka Kolar, Tela, Be-bop'alula(2)

(2) In case you don't believe me: https://i.imgur.com/HQjzY6A.jpg

Rakata is basically a running simulator, but at least it doesn't start with a suicide run through a bazillion trash mobs to avoid spending half the day fighting Chiss trash.

Edited by DawnAskham

• 2 weeks later...

Please adjust this FPS even on Veteran it's a pug killer and that's pretty sad. In running this FPS three times I have had 5 different players drop out of group. Pretty sure it's not me, but you never know ;)

It's an excercise in frustration. Also as someone who came back to the game and wants to run new content, people WILL not run this on MM. When it pops they drop out.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it on both consular, and Smuggler. It wasn't that hard for me. Though i keep companion on DPS spec., and act as a healer myself. This erased all of the fall underground bugs, and companion can keep hitting last boss even while stealthed.

But i agree, that it's annoyingly long. It's not exactly the hardest, but takes damn long, and that's even more annoying. Especially on master. I would simply reduce the early part, or the tons of enemies' defenses.

For nerf i would suggest Nathema. That one is nearly impossible without a full 70 group, or without a superior healer. The problem is that if you can't heal without the coltos, then the whole party must rotate the coltos, and keep themselves in position not to fall down. Otherwise a badly placed line, and boss gets healed to full.

Edited by irrevelant

IFor nerf i would suggest Nathema. That one is nearly impossible without a full 70 group, or without a superior healer. The problem is that if you can't heal without the coltos, then the whole party must rotate the coltos, and keep themselves in position not to fall down. Otherwise a badly placed line, and boss gets healed to full.

Goodness. Content where the players need to know what they're doing. Whatever next?

Goodness. Content where the players need to know what they're doing. Whatever next?

Have to agree. Granted, I have yet to run this FP on Veteran, but on Solo, never really had an issue with it. Yeah, it can be long to run it through when you're not stealthed, but Battle for Ilum and False Emperor weren't exactly short either. Anyway, the biggest part I had an issue with was the giant droid boss, but if you use Heroic Moment, get the influence with Raina Temple up with Companion Gifts, and move around as often as possible while using the kolto stations, it's not that difficult to beat. Only ever died on this fight once with my Sith Marauder and that was only because I didn't gear properly beforehand.

you can easily solo nathema vm if you play the mechanics and if you are a bit creative with companion positioning in the 4 gemini phase... that phase is the only thing in the fp which is a bit tricky solo.....

i dont know what you guys always want with nerfs.... is autohit sooo exciting?

Edited by Opiklo

• 2 years later...

This seems to be the only place where the Achievement is mentioned.

Bane of the Inrokini is confusing to me. I want to get the decorations so I have to do it and after 4 or 5 runs I only have 8/100??? How does this work?

It states "Defeat 100 Inrokini Chiss enemies in any difficulty mode in the "A Traitor Among the Chiss" flashpoint"

Shouldn't any Chiss with 'Inrokini' in its name count?

I really need help and this is the only thread with the achievement being talked about

This is by far and away the worst Flash point that SWTOR has ever produced. A did it again tonight and it is just as bad as always. A little concerned about the new content coming out shortly. if it is bad as this flaming pile of bantha podoo I'll be a little worried.

From 2018. Three years later we got Spirit of Vengeance. :D

More seriously, I don't remember when I first played this in story, but I must have lucked out and did it after the bugs were fixed. I could definitely tell it was second hardest content than what I previously fought. The Iokath mission to set up the base defenses has very hard mobs. It still does.

Anyway, yes that Guardian Droid is still a pain in the tuchus. It's been a toss up whether I can kill it on the first try or I die. If I die it is once per character. I put the Companion on Heal so she can heal herself, and I use the kolto stations. It takes a long time to defeat it, but I can get it done. The Second Boss is fine except for the annoying teleporting between the two levels. The combat slow travel to reach her is frustrating, and woe she's on the second level but I get knocked off back to the ground floor. Third Boss has his nuisances, but that's part of the game. They did fix the save point if you die during the Flashpoint. You don't start over.

Given my experience with Spirit of Vengeance, I can certainly empathize and wonder what this flashpoint was like before they fixed it.

More seriously, I don't remember when I first played this in story, but I must have lucked out and did it after the bugs were fixed. I could definitely tell it was second hardest content than what I previously fought. The Iokath mission to set up the base defenses has very hard mobs. It still does.

I did aTAtC on its release day, on a well-geared Gunnery Commando (and forgot to / didn't think to bring gifts for Herself). It was tedious and repetitive, and I got *very* tired of hearing "For House Inrokini!" from every single group of mobs, but it was tedious and repetitive (hard work == laborious) rather than actually difficult.

Anyway, yes that Guardian Droid is still a pain in the tuchus. It's been a toss up whether I can kill it on the first try or I die. If I die it is once per character. I put the Companion on Heal so she can heal herself, and I use the kolto stations. It takes a long time to defeat it, but I can get it done. The Second Boss is fine except for the annoying teleporting between the two levels. The combat slow travel to reach her is frustrating, and woe she's on the second level but I get knocked off back to the ground floor.

Use the grapple points to help get up there quicker, and if you have e.g. Force Leap, that works, too.

Third Boss has his nuisances, but that's part of the game. They did fix the save point if you die during the Flashpoint. You don't start over.

Given my experience with Spirit of Vengeance, I can certainly empathize and wonder what this flashpoint was like before they fixed it.

It was more tedious and more repetitive and more laborious because the trash mobs in town were more numerous and had more health and shouted "For House Inrokini" more often, but otherwise it was much the same as today.

• 2 years later...

Flashpoints: A Traitor Among the Chiss

Achievement: Bane of Inrokini

Defeat 100 Inrokini Chiss enemies.

There are only  4  NPCs which count during each flashpoint run. They are all level 70 Golds.

1 - Chief Security Officer Li'Dali [Copero City]

Then fight to get past mini-boss Guardian Droid, Level 70

2 - Chief Engineer Nil'Duru [Ship Hull Assembly]

3 - Chief Scientist Zir'mai [Ship Hull Assembly]

4 - mini-boss Syndic Zenta [Hyperdrive Assembly]

Exit area, reset Active Phase, welcome to the grind.

Recommend Stealth with companion on heal.