Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then my question is why didn't EA/BW plan for this and have more servers (login & game) available? Just admit that they borked it with bad planning and poor communication.

I disagree. Rift tried that concept and introduced enough servers that they felt would accommodate their number of players. What this ended up doing was when the inevitable population fall off occured was create ghost towns. These ghost town servers then had to be merged which pissed more players off causing even more to quit. It's better to have too few servers than too many servers according to existing statistics on server merges.

You may think you have enough servers to accommodate everyone but the thing is players are unpredictable. Sometimes players opt to pick a server that's already full instead of the fresh empty server right there. It's better to see how the servers fill up rather than assume that people will go for those that are already open and only add more servers when those ones fill up.

It may annoy people because everyone isn't playing right away but Bioware is thinking in the long term rather than the short term.

Wow, way to take my words and twist them noob. Early access is a gift. Yep, I totally agree... which also means.. I have yet to get any kind of service for the money they have had for months. Why are you people so stupid to see that side of the coin.

Noob? Really? That is the 'I WIN' trick you try to pull?

You have the guarantee that there is your name tagged to the game you pre-ordered(reasoning for pre-ordering in general), unless you ordered with a retailer and they messed up orders.

You are/were allowed to download the game before launch day (saved some hours on the 20th).

You had the possibility to create a guild pre-launch and reserve the name in-game, etc..

And finally you'll be allowed to play the game before official launch for FREE.

Sounds to me like services got provided, or?

Secondly, you didn't notice the fact I point out early access is one the greatest tests an MMO can have before launch. You got so hung up on other things like most children do. They are pissing on a huge opportunity here for testing. Learn to read the entire comment.

This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

So you didn't say that BW is pissing on you (as part of the 'us')? Really sorry that I didn't understood that one then ...

I adore how witty people like you always pull the noob, basement or children/kids comments ... ofc these really make you look mature.

Have a pleasant day!:D

I understand staggering, its a good idea. My only complaint is that they should have picked all the CE players first reguardless of date (still in order, but all CE reserves first), then gone back to original day and done the regular editions. Spending more money = higher priority.

Oh, come on, sure you paid more for your game, but still that's just not cool if they did that. I have standard edition and put my code 07.28.2011. Just because you spend more money for more stuff doesn't mean you should get in first, you get more stuff that's your reward for paying more!

does any1 know what date we are upto yet? :/ or is it still on like the 1st day of preorder?

According from my information just July-21st and some July 22nd in.....

I am July 22nd as well and NOT part of wave 2, will post if I get in on wave 3.....

Very frustarting...though the first 1-3 days play immedeately....well wrong thinking....my guildmates are about to leave starting worlds when I arrive......rushing through story is my only hope Obi-Wan Kenobi.....

Kwich

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

Wait so instead of actually letting us know of a schedule your letting people just hammer the launcher with logins all day to see whether they actually got in? How is that any different apart from letting us actually know a schedule, at least just a time. Doesn't matter if it's not specific at least it would give us some clarity.

Hell my guild mate is in with only around 90 people on Tython, I would hardly say your servers are being hammered compared to weekend beta.

Edited by Kiant

I caught up to the last page in the thread! Now I'm tired. I wonder when I will get in the game? November 15th, redeemed code - aw, I'm going to be waiting a while. Time to lay down, close my eyes, and go the f*** to sleep. =)

Good luck, everyone.

Why do some people find it necessary to come here and post replies belittling people voicing their disappointment or frustration with the way Bioware is handling this staggered launch? There've been people telling others to stop complaining, stop behaving like children, calling people spoiled, and so forth.

This game is a service that has been prepaid for in part and will be paid in full for those that stick with it (and monthly fees). People that are dissatisfied with this service have a right to voice their opinions. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with them, they are letting Bioware know they're dissatisfied with how they are handling this product they've paid money for.

Perhaps those complaining about the people who are complaining, should be the ones to stop behaving like children.

Not everyone is happy about the way Bioware is handling this prelaunch. Not everyone is happy with the lack of information and any reasonable timeline.

If you're happy, that's great; however, if you aren't happy with those who aren't happy and are voicing complaints...those people aren't providing a service that you paid for, and thus they aren't obligated to change their behavior to suit you.

"StephenReid

As others have mentioned on this thread, the next code you need to enter is the Game Code. You'll find this in the game box when you purchase (or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com)."

Thats a little confusing, does that mean that if I havent got my game box yet and didn't pre oder with origin I won't get any acces until my CE arrives o.O

Had hoped for "normal" floodgates routine, didn't really read, but guess this might be better.

Sadly, I wasn't sure about playing this game, so guess I'll just have to see if I actually get EARLY ACCESS ...

12.10.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.10.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

No sense in me tripping my toes waiting for access, since I'll not be getting in any time soon.

Only thing that will make me sad is if it I payed for early access and don't get it (yeah yeah I know there was no promise of early access, but ONLY reason I did pre-ordered was to get early access)

Anyway good luck to all of you, and see you in-game to those that play on the server I end up playing on.

Yours truly

Zilvereyes

SWTOR is a bit over 3 hours online. In early game access that is.

Already the forums, twitter, FB etc is exploding with nerds raging :rolleyes:

What I watch is a carefull ramping up of access to the game. By the hour you will see the severs filling up. It seems to me that BW/EA is in full control.

I patiently await my play button to become active.

For now... the raging is rather amusing.

IIRC official launch is Dec 20. :) I will be in earlier, but not today.

CYall I hope that all who threaten to cancel subs actually do so.:p

^ This

They should have made this game 21+, then there would be a lot less baby QQ flying about.

Waaaaaaaah wheres my free access! Waaaaaaaa!

Here's a pro tip for you kiddies out there: Pay attention in class, learn some patience and please learn to read/use search functions properly.

The truth of the matter is, you'll get in when you get in.