7.0 Healing

Potolomos

So i decided to come back for running some mm FPs (after a small break).. and in some groups ppl keep dieing against my best effort. Got 320ish gear right now, and i feel i just cant keep up with the dmg in certain situations. Many times i dont even have time for pop a single Consuming Darkness because some group memeber drops low in a blink.

I remember 1 patch before the "Resurgence + Roaming Mend" was a kind of jolly joker combo, i could top up the group very quick.. now the numbers overall seems kinda low.

Also as i know there is not a very significant stat diff between 320 and the engame'ish gear you can obtain from running FPs (326 maybe..).

Im not saying its horrible or unmanageable right now, most cases its kinda' ok to keep up a group... but sometimes not matter how hard i smash the buttons, they just die :)

Thoughts,

-The small stat increases going from 320 to 324/326 add up

-People are relearning their classes for 7.0 and arent as handy as before

-The checks in Master Mode are tighter than before. I can't say casual PuGs were experts at ysing DCDs properly during 6.0, and now in 7.0 the game will punish you for not using them correctly

• 2 weeks later...
So i decided to come back for running some mm FPs (after a small break).. and in some groups ppl keep dieing against my best effort. Got 320ish gear right now, and i feel i just cant keep up with the dmg in certain situations. Many times i dont even have time for pop a single Consuming Darkness because some group memeber drops low in a blink.

I remember 1 patch before the "Resurgence + Roaming Mend" was a kind of jolly joker combo, i could top up the group very quick.. now the numbers overall seems kinda low.

Also as i know there is not a very significant stat diff between 320 and the engame'ish gear you can obtain from running FPs (326 maybe..).

Im not saying its horrible or unmanageable right now, most cases its kinda' ok to keep up a group... but sometimes not matter how hard i smash the buttons, they just die :)

This expansion is a disaster for healers, while playing them I feel extremely weak, useless and it’s unrewarding. First of all you cannot reach 1.3 GCD anymore, at least without the 5% alacrity guild buff so all healers are slower now because the previous expansion 1.3 GCD used to be the recommended treshold. Also the bonus effects comming from legendary items for Sage / Sorc healers are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE and you get almost nothing with them. The last good bonus set for sages has been long gone with SWTOR 5.0. But now it’s even worse than 6.0 bonus sets. It seems like this expansion they only care about buffing AoE dmg of classes like they did with juggernaut so they can now do 40k sustained AoE DPS by smashing one button but for healers it doesn’t matter how much effort you put into healing because they are weak. It’s even more noticable in PvP. In 6.0 I was able to do 17-18k HPS as Sage healer and had several games around 20k with my merc healer. Now I’m nowhere this numbers and everyone is dying. Same applies to PvE.

These are some of my games from 6.0 when healers had an impact and mattered:

https://imgur.com/a/g5PvnVB

https://imgur.com/a/t0kNnuL

https://imgur.com/a/i5qWYIy

https://imgur.com/a/g7sJslc

Don't expect the same in 7.0 unless they buff HPS.

Edited by HuttGames

• 5 months later...

I think my best sorc/sage game is right under 18k with 1.4 sec GCD/7.now

Merc its around 20k but he's not fully geared so it will go up.

Op is also not geared but I can easly see him being north of 22k once he's geared up... beastly tacticals.

Our per-captia contribution is definitely lower and you've just got no hope against a concerted attack from multiple sources (without guard). You're cycling immediately through all your DCDs and potions and if you're team hasn't made an impact in that time, you're running. You can't heal through it.

I don't feel squishy on sorc though. With root baked into knockback and super force speed, I can stay on the move and out of their grasp pretty dependably. The best strat is likely to just ignore the sorc. focus fire and he'll not be able to keep targets alive and doesn't have enough HPS to really punish an ignore.

Merc has the staying power to just... well.. stay. You likely won't have Hydraulic overrides and the only real movement I do is double rocket out (since single will just get you lept on while you're casting your next spell).

Op is squishy for sure, but that comes with the highest HPS potential. Ops do better the closer to freecasting they get and an Op with a tank is a true menace.

I don't udnerstand why they wanted healing scaled back as much as it has been, I didn't feel it was overtuned in 6.0 an prior, but hey - it is what it is, we'll make due.