Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

this is a story driven mmo so what the story going to be when you change it so voidstar and alderan are same faction all to please the sith players.

PS what are you going to do about sever pop imbalce as its related to my first question

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will we see violet Twi'lek return to character creation options for both factions? When will we see more colors for Twi'lek in character creation? It seems like the easiest thing to include to increase customization.

I did start a thread to get support for violet and various sorts of purple to be added to both sides, but the question came up about all the other missing colors, and we all got to wondering why there are so many missing from both sides.

Will you ever fix the false-dialogue problem when sending people on crafting or gathering missions? They've been saying the wrong things (like "I'm sorry it didn't work out" after a success) for almost four months now. It's incredibly unprofessional and completely immersion-breaking.

Smuggler Question: As the only class without a stance/form of some sort, is there any plan to add something like that for additional balance of the class, and for better utility in War Zones like Huttball?

Example: Flee Stance - Reduce effects off all stun/movement impairing effects by 50%. Increase movement speed for 5 seconds by 5% after stunned/rooted.

Edited by mr_ruiz

Georg has pretty much stated that he does not really care about the subscriber's that play operatives as they are a small percent of the subscriptions, however when we all leave another group of subscripers will then be the small percent, and when they leave, another group. By continuing this trend your game, that i was looking forward to for a long time and do injoy will go the way of Star Wars Galaxies. Do you ever plan on fixing this mentality or continue on this road of only appeasing the masses? As it stands you have never given a real reason other than casue we say it is so for any changes you have implemented, have not, or seemingly have not listened to your player base can we have real aswers to your changes, because the near mythical internal tests and metrics seems to be what i call a non-answer. I assure you i am not the only $15.00 a month that thinks this also.

Will there ever be an option to vary what Sith Corruption looks like?

I love the Sith Corruption but I am always annoyed by the red eyes gained further along because in the EU there is no such case of a Dark Sider gaining red eyes after yellow.

Again, will there be ways to control the level of corruption?

Preferably by removing the red eyes and keeping Yellow eyes.

with mercenaries and commandos getting a field revive, are there any plans to add new/ remove old lvl 50 ac talents for the sake of balance? that is, the helmetheads already have tech override/ power surge, while scoundrel/ops and sage/sorcs only get field revives, which, for operations, are usually delegated to healers, hence the big to-do about mercommandos not having one. in other words, y u no like scoundrel!?

As some have asked before me (it's a damn important question): what will you do about the low population on some servers? A solution to this is making it or breaking it for me, and a solution should be ready within a month after patch 1.2, because that is when people will leave again, and I will not stay in the game through another slow period like now!!! Thank you!

I was curious as to why certain design decisions were made. Specifically why was the decision made to make space combat a "rail shooter" and where the designers thought it might go in the future? Space Combat seemed to be a huge pre-release draw, but ended up being kind of a let down. Also why were the decisions made to make crafting a kind of after thought? It seems that in other mmo's (specifically Star Wars: Galaxies) that crafting was given more "specialized" treatment. It seems that crafting could be made a more intricate by making it something that you spend time on, or making crafters "more valuable" in the game. Right now as it stands everyone levels a crafting profession just to do it which reduces it value.

Speeders... well speed. A lot of players complain that they don't even can be considered speeders, but golf carts. This doesn't feel like anything what we have seen in movies or other SW games(examples from movies: Doku traveling on his bike or speederbike chase scene from RoTJ).

Are you even considering boosting the speed of speeders?

Just a followup on one or both of these for the Scoundrel class.

PerfectDuke: Are you really removing the giggle/laugh for scoundrels when Upper Hand procs in Game Update 1.2? As a healer, having the audio cue is great for focusing on... well, healing. Especially if the proc comes off of my hot, slow-release medpac.

Austin: The change was intended to prevent sound fatigue when lots of these procs were going off in a small area (especially in operations). We are looking into ways of making this proc more visible going forward.

Zilvra: I have a level 32 Scoundrel Scrapper. I am already having problems killing my on level bosses due to the 1.1 nerfs. What will the 1.2 nerfs do to me in PVE? It seems really unfair to the purely PVE players when the nerfs hit?

Austin: Many of the class story bosses are intentionally very difficult. This is something that all classes face and is not unique to Smugglers. The fact of the matter is that Scrapper DPS is closer to target in 1.2. Understandably, if you were already struggling with an encounter, you may view this as an undesired change. For clarity, we don't agree that this is "unfair" for "pure PVE" players as the changes are not meant to (despite popular perception) specifically target PVP over PVE.

Can we get a button in the options interface to turn on and off the giggle? .. I first found it annoying. When I figured out it was granting me Upper Hand, "Well gosh golly Goober, me loves the maniacal laughter now." A little explanation of WHY the laugh is happening in the description might help some.

With the Scrapper, which I do not have, How the heck is he supposed to heal himself or his companion on a 5-10 min boss fight if you only let a DPS class which has to use a tank companion only ONE heal pot in that time frame?

When I made my first Smuggler character, I made a Scoundrel, unaware that the 'take cover anywhere' ability was limited to Gunslingers. I've found similar surprises when choosing advanced classes, such as a Sith Inquisitor having increased Force capacity. I was wondering if you might include passive abilities like this in the descriptors when choosing an advanced class, as well as an "Are you sure you want to choose this Advanced Class?" type of thing to make sure that we don't accidentally make a choice that then requires a replay through the first ten levels.

Thank you for your time.

So for those of us who have braved the waters of near insanity and achieved Legacy level 50, any word on what might be in store for us? We've had a few hit this benchmark in the last couple of weeks and were hoping for an awesome title or something, heck even something as fitting as "too much time on your hands" would have been nice, lol, but we got nothing for this monumental achievement. Any word on what might be coming for those who have invested a lot of time into the Legacy system already?

Thank you.

My Sniper has two accuracy debuffs - Diversion and Flash Powder. In duels with a friend, the character window shows that they stack and work on force/tech attacks. However, while some force attacks did "miss" while these debuffs were active, it seems that they aren't nearly as effective as the tooltips and character window would suggest. Does 45% force accuracy not mean that force attacks will miss 55% of the time? Is there there a hard cap on accuracy debuffs behind the scenes? Edited by Lymain

Along with 1.2 Armstech will get the most useless augments + chance to craft augment slot weapons for 1 slot of the least used classes. It doesn't take a lot to see Armstech is left far behind of all crafting skills.

Question: will Armstech ever see the light? What can be done to improve the use of Armstech?

Is it possible to add lock out for flashpoints, similar to how OPS are shown.

It would be nice to be able to have a quick look and say to a group 'sorry but I'm not able to do FP blah for another hr'

i have multiple characters on another PvP server then the PvE server i play on now. that server is now virtually desolate and those characters are rotting waiting for server transfers. my question is, those characters have a legacy already and if they can be transferred to my current PvE server of choice how will the legacy name and exp gained be worked out for all characters on the server?

I have a Biometric Crystal Alloy in my bank, but when I open my armormech and try to craft a Rakata medic belt (which needs 1 Biometric Crystal Alloy) it shows it as 0/1, not 1/1 as it should. Am I missing a step in the crafting process or is this a bug, and if so when will it be fixed?

About the Legacy... Do legacy characters share the legacy levels of all characters linked to that legacy or will they be merged in 1.2 or how will this go about?, and in addition to this you said in the Q & A at pax that players will be able to use legacy force choke to choke bosses, will this apply to dirty kick and any other abilities like it?