Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

That's what I'm thinking. We may all be playing by Thursday. And if that's the case, well, it looks (cough) (cough), like I'm (cough) starting to come down with something and will not (cough) be able to make it to work on Friday! :D

yea i'm pretty sure thats why they extended the EE by 2 days was because at first they promised everyone 5 days, then changed it to upto 5 days and people were confused and complained so they made it 7 so that everyone would get at least 5 days.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so it says my code is in use, so thats great, apparently they just havn't registered me, so thanks for that, and i got an email saying early access starts 7am est DON'T TELL ME THAT IF I'M NOT GETTING IN, that email was essentially a promise telling me that the game would be ready for me at that time, 3 hours later my code isn't even registered. THANKS A LOT

I'm being patient and all but i do have one criticism.

It honestly seems like they are afraid to release the game...

staggering through a set number of days is fine

but staggering throughout the day?

There's not gonna be this control on launch day...

Of course there won't be this control at launch because most of their population will be spread out by then.

2,5 millions of player on the stress test weekends, and for what ?

Because last time I checked, only people who pre-ordered from july 21 to 22 has access to the game, and not every people from the 22.

Even if it is a high spike of pre-order, I think the stress test was useless because of the way you let people in (Waves).

We all know your servers could take more, it's just not what you want.

Edited by Drawurden

119K preorders on july 30th. 940k on dec 10th. add 20k for weekly change. 960k divided by 7 is 137k. 137k was about August 2nd? So if you preorderd at the start of august you should get an email right lol

all those pre order numbers are wrong because they do not take into account online retailers

Pre-order code registered 21st July, still no code :(. Wonders how people who registered since that date have access already.

I feel for you man I really do. You should definately be in before me. Im still not in yet and i pre-ordered July 22nd and redeemed the code that night at 8:11pm pacifc. Seen people on the 22nd getting in, as well as 23rd. Even saw a Novemeber redemption in already.

Warn people ahead of their personal early access timings (like the beta's, doh). Sorry, i dont like this mail at day system at all, complete BS. People could make plans accordingly, so its not about "i have to get in now" but like the beta's were people were informed AHEAD of the timings/access.

They have said multiple times that they're working with a flexible system here. It could go very smoothly, and thus you'd get in fast, or have a very rocky start, thus you'd get in slow. It's not a case of them stuttering for the sake of it, or just to irritate you; they're doing this to make the launch functional. If people can't see the logic in that, I suppose there's nothing I can do to stop them feeling betrayed and hateful.

If you have such a busy life that you're having to make time to play, then just get your stuff done before the 18th or 19th and play when you definitely can!

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch <<< The date you can Patch or download the game

07.23.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order << The date you entered your code and where you stand date wise for early access

so if my 90 mins per wave theory is correct wave3 should be in about 30 mins for next batch

If this is anywhere near accurate, it tells me more than anything I have heard from any other source. It is very easy to see where you will likely fall from this.

Thank you.

I can make up numbers too and pretend its correct.

What would be easier is if they said "here's how many we're letting in every wave, and how many waves we're doing a day, etc."

Basically everyone in this thread who's claiming people are whining obviously have no job or obligations where they need to schedule time for this. Must be nice having 7 days to wait around and start playing as soon as you get the code.

I have today and tomorrow. If I'm not in by then I basically don't have any time to play pre-launch.

This is literally the first time any MMO handled early access this way, and it basically sucks. If they're doing "server stability" tests at this point in the game... there are bigger problems.

How they can even tell that at a non-primetime capacity is beyond me. The real testing starts at primetime when everyone has access.

So NO U

Just had a thought about people that are getting in apparently having registered on the 22nd July, yet people who registered on the 21st haven't. Timezones.

Midday on the 22nd in Australia would still be well before the 21st had ended in Western US. So people who have got in on the 22nd may have registered before you on the 21st due to timezones. Even people who registered early morning European time on the 22nd (for them) could be before those who registered late evening 21st in the US.

That is a very good point.

I'm glad someone pulled up that chart again.

Because it would be ignorant to let onlt 13% of the player base in. A lot of low-pop areas and the game would feel dead for those folks. I bet they let in more like 40% if things go well and try to finish it off 2morrow. No reason for them to just twiddle their fingers.

The chart is complete fantasy, over 2 million pre orders not 900k, and the majority of pre orders were in the first couple of days. Besides, Stephen Reid has already commented on twitter stating it will take more than two days to get everyone in.

2,5 billions of player on the stress test weekends, and for what ?

Because last time I checked, only people who pre-ordered from july 21 to 22 has access to the game, and not every people from the 22.

Even if it is a high spike of pre-order, I think the stress test was useless because of the way you let people in (Waves).

We all know your servers could take more, it's just not what you want.

No they can't. In beta not everyone got in. The stress test is why they're doing staggered release. The data they got from it determined that it's needed.

Could just people that have redeemed their code on the 21-22/07 post a screenshot of their My Account -> Code Redemption page? people would believe you more and start hating bioware more aswell

Same applies for those apparently in that have redeemed after July, yes there will be fakes, but if we get enough samples it should be pretty definitive. And even if they are playing it takes 30 seconds to print screen and post a reply with the screen

I have a few members accepted on the Roster for weeks at the official Guild HQ.

However, when they enter the game and the correct Server, they are not allowed to join the Guild, they do not receive ANY invitation, so...

What was the purpose of this Guild Deployment anyway?