Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

I just did the update, as soon as i log in, it just stays there it doesn't even launch the game. Is it happening to a lot of people please let me know. Thank u.

Yeah, happens to alot of ppl atm. They are investigating it.

On the other hand, this might be a good oppertunity for them to release a "Loadscreen Breaker" item on the CM? For just 1500 CC you can skip the 15min wait for the loadscreen! (Edit: Will be a consumable ofc!)

Then we can all wait for the CM X-server queue system and the Lag-breaker to be released on the CM....good times.

Edited by Twin

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want my sub to HAVE value. That is the entire point. Why pay at all if your going to charge me for little add you put in the game. BIOWARE just charged us for an expansion. (understandably it was cheap by expansion standards) But every time you add to the game it is on the Cartel Market and you expect subs to pay for it all. You have not received a single drop of extra content for at least 6 months that you have not paid for with real life money.

*free cartel coins only come to those who spend RL money on a sub. Hence. Not Free CC.

- So excuse me if i am not entirely excited that i pay and then, hey want this pay more. And to date, still haven't provided quality of life expected in todays MMOs.

We will never see eye to eye on this because I feel fine with where its at and you don’t, its understandable, all your points are. This game is a hobby, and like a hobby it will give and take. But you will get some of the value things you want soon just hang in.

'nuff said

Spent -0- on the mobile security ket and get 100 coins from that

Besides the whole argument "CC free or not free"comes down to point of view.

I don't know of any game that would let you get: new species,race change, name(including legacy and guild) change, all for in game credits or "just becasue you sub". Things like that should cost extra.

Those I am fine with paying CC for,I'm even OK with paying for NEW hairstyles to unlock them,

But with the styles already in game those should absolutely be available for credits.

like i said before the dyes are not nearly enough either, need to have much more.

PROBLEMS LOADING???? It's your computer, video card or weak internet connection. I play this game on my laptop, desktop and have ZERO issues with it and have played since launch. There is occasional lag spikes but that happens in any game. Seriously, you have to realize that an internet connection requires a sender and a receiver. If your computer is weak, that's your problem.

I've got a fast video card with 2G memory that work very well. It process the game over Verizon FIOS web connection of 75Download/35Upload speed and it works fine for me. Are some of you still on dial up? Ha...I mean seriously?>

and you genius found to brag about your computer while MANY of players have MANY troubles with this patch? LOL

finally they admitted something is wrong and YOU trying to tell us we have crapy PCs? way to go man!

They say it has been happening to players on a Windows XP platform.

Call them or send them an email, and they might request a Launcher diagnostic. ( they'll give you the steps)

Basically, you go into your SWTOR folder (wherever you have it saved) and double-click the icon that says "Launcherdiag.exe" this will create a zip folder of info that you will send back to them. After that, all you can do is wait.

Yeah, happens to alot of ppl atm. They are investigating it.

On the other hand, this might be a good oppertunity for them to release a "Loadscreen Breaker" item on the CM? For just 1500 CC you can skip the 15min wait for the loadscreen! (Edit: Will be a consumable ofc!)

Then we can all wait for the CM X-server queue system and the Lag-breaker to be released on the CM....good times.

1) I use Windows XP. I was playing fine the weekend on very high settings as the whole previous year. No the issue is not my computer. One day play fine other they launch update the game won't even launch. Some users say is the PC, some say they are fixing, some say it is fixed, any official update on this? Anyone else STILL having this login problem?

2) I am a subscriber and it was promised free 1 Legacy 1 Character name changers at least, I was looking forward changing my Legacy now I see they removed it so I feel that was false advertising which I believe in USA laws is illegal so I want the items. Anyone that managed to log got those name changers?

3) I have all the patience in the world to wait you fix this mess but time is money and my sub is running I expect compensation and maybe some Cartel Coins. I muck up my credit card the day the sub is renewed I suffer the consequences for it immediately so I expect the company to be as fast with my side of the compensation.

Yeah the double dipping with Subs and CC is a real kick in the nuts.

Subscribers deserve more rewards, more respect.

If they reward subscribers consistently then the subscriber pays consistently.

This is the second time I have come back and continued with subs, leaving is not hard because there is so much competition and some other MMOs don't even charge.

This game has a lot going for it don't ignore us please!

We look after you, you look after me right?

They say it has been happening to players on a Windows XP platform.

Call them or send them an email, and they might request a Launcher diagnostic. ( they'll give you the steps)

Basically, you go into your SWTOR folder (wherever you have it saved) and double-click the icon that says "Launcherdiag.exe" this will create a zip folder of info that you will send back to them. After that, all you can do is wait.

and where i can find email?

1) 3) I have all the patience in the world to wait you fix this mess but time is money and my sub is running I expect compensation and maybe some Cartel Coins. I muck up my credit card the day the sub is renewed I suffer the consequences for it immediately so I expect the company to be as fast with my side of the compensation.

My point exactly!

Can't even sum all those "server will be unavailable..." hours.

Maybe Europe is testing bunny lol my friends from USA don't have any problems with update on their servers.

My point exactly!

Can't even sum all those "server will be unavailable..." hours.

Maybe Europe is testing bunny lol my friends from USA don't have any problems with update on their servers.

I'm on Australasian server but havn't logged on yet so not sure if this will effect me.

Is anyone in Australasia having log in / load issues?

Yeah the double dipping with Subs and CC is a real kick in the nuts.

Subscribers deserve more rewards, more respect.

If they reward subscribers consistently then the subscriber pays consistently.

This is the second time I have come back and continued with subs, leaving is not hard because there is so much competition and some other MMOs don't even charge.

This game has a lot going for it don't ignore us please!

We look after you, you look after me right?

im having the same issue

Well now they put up this alert on the launcher:

"Crash to Desktop Upon Launching"

We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Try "ALOT " of players or most who are running Windows XP. lol

Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance

Edited by LawranceEttar

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: F uc ktomization

Thanks Bioware really awesome update! My sub renews in a few hours, I can't decide whether to cancel or not. Will the game be playable in the next 6 hours?!

It would have been nice to know that you'd need the entire armor set in order to 'register' it in the Collections. I guess that slipped someone's mind.

I'm massively disappointed. Next time, be more detailed and thorough in your descriptions of new features.

We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

Lawrance

I did not see this alert how did you get it?

Well gee Bioware, if you're gonna piss off this many people with a new patch, you might as well revert the Tracer Missile animation switch as well.

Edit: And to everyone who is upset over this patch, please, spare a thought for that innocent Twi-lek girl who's life was tragically cut short when she was dropped into the Rancor pit for the amusement of Jabba the Hutt.

Edited by fujeo-finel

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance

To be fair, any support for windows XP has been gone for a while. I'm even surprised you can play the game on XP. You should really consider upgrading to 7 or 8. Trying to play new games on a 10 year old operating system is a bit silly.

...to be fair alot of us may not have the additional funds to buy a new computer system at the moment, and they advertised support for Windows XP. Your comments are irrelevant.

My Windows XP machine was working fine 24 hours ago before the new update. No issues.

Edited by LawranceEttar

Really like the latest 2.1 update

1. The kiosks work great, cartel coins involved are rather reasonable

2. Dye modules are quite nice, too bad they are in a lottery system when you buy the CM ones, but lots of other choices as well. 48 total for this update as i understand.

3. The logon queues were a little overflowing right after the update as everyone tried to log on, but that's to be expected

One remark though when you buy the extra human hairstyles, the qui gon jinn style hair (last but one on the slider) which i really like is sticking through armour on the back and shoulders, maybe it should be a little shorter so it disappears under the actual chest layer.

Keep up the nice work