Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder

TaitWatson

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what I think about Precision Slash/Gore being on the GCD now. Seems like it will slow down the pace of combat/carnage. Probably slow down the APM a touch. Also Combat/Carnage doesn't really get any abilities to add to the rotation. Just replacement abilities, Clashing Blast instead of Bladestorm. Concentration and Watchman seem pretty interesting though!

So you took Focus/Rage, named it Concentration/Fury, then retooled it to be to a single target spec.

All I can say is.... Thank you. I used to play Focus on my Sent and would get sick of doing so quickly because I could not use Force Sweep w/o a target, or the fact all my damage was looked to it.

While I have all but retired my Sentinel lately (too many alts), the Combat and new Concentration specs look good, Watchmen just seems to be more of the same (which isn't a bad thing)

Can't wait for the Guardian/Juggernaut blog and the stream. You guys are doing a great job with the Discipline rollover so far. Keep it up

In general is this reducing the number of attacks available to marauders. It seems that skills are being removed and the new skills share cool downs.

From all the 'discipline' changes it feels a little like the combat is being dumbed down. If we take carnage for example one of the few reactionary attacks retaliation is being removed so you don't even have to watch the combat to worry about your rotation, also removing the only bleed available so you no longer need to think about maintaining the bleed effect and reapply if cleansed.

If the plan is to reduce combat into a system where macros are the preferred method of maximizing damage what is the plan behind this. Is combat felt to be too demanding that you have to pay attention to whats happening and people should just be focused on the rotation? Is it felt that combat is too complex for the target audience? What is the target audience for the combat?

Carnage nerfed to extinction.

- deadly throw removed because they want us to rely on a melee ability

- you want us to use crippling slash (is it over-ridden by other classes CC abilities?)

- why in the world would you give us another DD ability that shares same Cooldown Timer as Force Scream?

- "to keep things interesting in Annihilation..." had to stop reading there. never a good sign when you see those lines

If the plan is to reduce combat into a system where macros are the preferred method of maximizing damage what is the plan behind this. Is combat felt to be too demanding that you have to pay attention to whats happening and people should just be focused on the rotation? Is it felt that combat is too complex for the target audience? What is the target audience for the combat?

Macros would be awesome, but i doubt that ever happens. Its not about the rotation, they want Maras doing less damage. mission accomplished in that regard. so they looked at all the people playing Maras complaining the class was too complicated and we will make your rotation easier... the reality was there were only two types of Maras...really good ones, and really bad ones. now we're just all going to be mediocre.

Edited by Bruceme

Why don't they have deadly throw and crippling slash share a cool down? the only reason you use crippling slash is really for the slow in PvP. In pve, i use deadly throw ALL the time when I'm chasing adds when my leap is on cool down. Keep them both, have them do the same thing, but let us choose which one we want to use. Also, throwing sabers is incredibly awesome as it is, and dual saber throw just doesn't' look as cool.

Why don't they have deadly throw and crippling slash share a cool down? the only reason you use crippling slash is really for the slow in PvP. In pve, i use deadly throw ALL the time when I'm chasing adds when my leap is on cool down. Keep them both, have them do the same thing, but let us choose which one we want to use. Also, throwing sabers is incredibly awesome as it is, and dual saber throw just doesn't' look as cool.

i don't use crippling slash. no time for it in my rotation. why would i ever use crippling slash in PVE combat? deadly throw on the other hand has some use. This nerf was more of a change for PVP.

Deadly throw was absolutely essential for us as we spend a good deal of time immobilized and rooted. This is a PVP nerf plain and simple. As far as crippling slash in PVP. other classes do it better. what we did better was burst damage. that is questionable after these changes

Edited by Bruceme

Is Force Gash meant to replace Vicious Slash for Anni?

The changes look interesting. Hopefully Carnage doesn't get gutted into a jackshyt of all master of none spec that is eclipsed by the other two. Gore on the GCD sounds disappointing but we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by Projawa

This BW post does not show all the nerf to Carnage. 4 of Carnage's utilities were changed to heroic utilities, which we will only be able to get 2. So Carnage lost 2 important utilities that made it good. Gore also lost cooldown reduction and reset, and is on a 15s cooldown unless activated during Berserk with alacrity to lower it back to 10.5s cooldown. Gore on GCD also means burst is nerfed. And finally, all the ranged classes got mobility and survival buff while Carnage's mobility stays the same; that is a nerf in Meta-PvP.

Damn. Crippling Throw is gone? Ugh. I'm running a hybrid Annihilation/Carnage marauder and it is fantastic and really fun to play. Combines the hard hitting nature of Carnage with the sustained damage of and control of Annihilation. However without crippling throw, I feel like things are gonna be really tough for Marauders/Sentinels now. I already find it annoying fighting any ranged classes cuz all they do is immobilize, run, and shoot you or heal. Now we can't even root them from a distance? Idk seems like some sketchy changes to me but I'm just voicing my concerns. I guess we'll see if the other class changes balance out with the changes to Marauder.

Is Force Gash meant to replace Vicious Slash for Anni?

The changes look interesting. Hopefully Carnage doesn't get gutted into a jackshyt of all master of none spec that is eclipsed by the other two.

prediction is we are all Annihilation spec after 3.0

....very anger, much rage. You're taking out my throw with a root and adding it to a melee ability. Why does this suck? Because now I can't stop people running away from me WHO ARE ALREADY OUT OF MELEE RANGE!! You're putting some other power on top of my scream which EVERY MARAUDER ADORES!! I am not at all happy.

This BW post does not show all the nerf to Carnage. 4 of Carnage's utilities were changed to heroic utilities, which we will only be able to get 2. So Carnage lost 2 important utilities that made it good. Gore also lost cooldown reduction and reset, and is on a 15s cooldown unless activated during Berserk with alacrity to lower it back to 10.5s cooldown. Gore on GCD also means burst is nerfed. And finally, all the ranged classes got mobility and survival buff while Carnage's mobility stays the same; that is a nerf in Meta-PvP.

It certainly seems so. I think Gore was put on the GCD to reduce Carnage burst which indirectly props up Fury as the burst spec.

Edited by Projawa

....very anger, much rage. You're taking out my throw with a root and adding it to a melee ability. Why does this suck? Because now I can't stop people running away from me WHO ARE ALREADY OUT OF MELEE RANGE!! You're putting some other power on top of my scream which EVERY MARAUDER ADORES!! I am not at all happy.

This is my thinking exactly. Its frustrating that a team of ranged classes could very easily wreck a melee class team already. Now we lack the tools we NEED to keep them within melee range. Really worried about these changes.