Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Want to romance Corso? Do so now as a Female! Want to Romance Kira? Roll a Male JK! Simple as that, right?

You want a SGR flrt option, awesome. I want the ability to turn off SGR, awesome. Adding the toggle would appease everyone. Stop trying to force your preferences on others.

But what if I want to romance Kira as a female JK? You're the only one trying to force your preferences on others. We're not asking to restrict or limit existing options in any way. We're simply asking for new options.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to romance Corso? Do so now as a Female! Want to Romance Kira? Roll a Male JK! Simple as that, right?

You want a SGR flrt option, awesome. I want the ability to turn off SGR, awesome. Adding the toggle would appease everyone. Stop trying to force your preferences on others.

Forcing preferences on others? Like say... telling people that want srga just to roll the OG of the toon they want to romance instead of hoping for the sgra options?

At this point though, I've read a few of your posts and you are repeating the same thing, getting angry and defensive, and seem to be just trolling. Try to make discussion logically, and calmly, because posts like this are the reason treads get closed.

But what if I want to romance Kira as a female JK? You're the only one trying to force your preferences on others. We're not asking to restrict or limit existing options in any way. We're simply asking for new options.

I didn't say they shouldn't add them at all. I said they should add them via a toggle. Again, everyone wins.

I didn't say they shouldn't add them at all. I said they should add them via a toggle. Again, everyone wins.

You still have yet to address why there should be a toggle. Adds a needless layer of complexity when you can just not click the [Flirt] prompt. Don't click [Flirt] prompts you aren't interested in, everyone wins.

And if I am a woman in real life who wants to actually play female toons AND have the option to romance Kira or Risha? I should just... play a character that's the opposite gender as myself that I can't relate to as well? Sure, that makes sense... except not at all.

So, no, it's not "simple as that". Having to play the opposite gender of either who you really are or who you want to play just to access a specific romance option defeats the purpose of what we're asking for information on. We want MORE options, not to be forced to cram ourselves into whatever options are available just to appease some people who can't deal with not clicking the very obviously labelled [Flirt] prompt.

As for a toggle meaning "everyone wins". No, no it doesn't, especially not if it's off by default. All that says is "gays must be hidden" which is insulting to the people who are not straight, insulting to the people who are straight but not narrow-minded and want access to this option for a myriad of reasons, and insulting to the rest of the player-base by implying they are too stupid to be able to make their own decisions.

Forcing preferences on others? Like say... telling people that want srga just to roll the OG of the toon they want to romance instead of hoping for the sgra options?

At this point though, I've read a few of your posts and you are repeating the same thing, getting angry and defensive, and seem to be just trolling. Try to make discussion logically, and calmly, because posts like this are the reason treads get closed.

*points to bolded part* That is probably part of the point, really. I'm about done engaging if there is nothing but "I don't want to see the gays!" coming from that direction. It's been done, repeatedly. There is nothing new coming out of it.

Bioware are ultimately the final and only voice with a vote when it comes to this. Company history and philosophy says they probably wouldn't add a toggle, not just because it's offensive but because adding it would make the coding more complex when the alternative is perfectly serviceable.

Whatever they decide is what will happen and we as players will then be able to make the choice to continue to play their game or not. Some may leave if there isn't a toggle and some may leave if there is. Most probably won't care so Galbatorrix' entire doomsday scenario is nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.

I guess i missed the point of the esc button but i i can see why they would need to put it. I remember the whole debate in DA2 where anders flirted with everyone and people got pissy cause they accidentally flirted with him not meaning too.

Not sure what you meant by the top statement(bolded for clarity.) :confused: Could you please elaborate?

I was simply stating that would be a neat OPTION to turn off the [Flirt] text(not the content, just the prompt), not automatically. I'm a bigger fan of the LHS option for all flirts. That's what I feel would be the best bet, after reading some of the more veteran posters. I never played DA2, therefore I can't speak about that.

Edited by natashina

Wow, I read threw so many posts about some worried about being flirted with by same sex companions . I can't help but wonder if there afraid of there own sexuality . I'm also sure that there is a lot of straight people that do get approached at times but take the time not to blow a gasket by just giving a response that there not interested . If you don't want to flirt with your companions then don't choose the flirt option simple as that. That system is idiot proof . But of course there are those that don't want to keep things simple and still want to argue over this by trolling . When it comes down to it, there are those out there that don't want to see others enjoying themselves with this option added .

And please don't get me started on religious nut jobs. :p That's a whole other can of worms.

Have a nice day. :)

Hey, just thought I'd share that it looks tremendously weird how this topic is permanent maintained in the first half of the first page with the same people arguing over an over like an echo gallery.

It gives the perception it's being manipulated to keep it on top, in your face. Might be wrong, of course. Just seems weird.

Okay, people. Seriously. This has become a circular argument for at least four pages. It's very clear that the pro- and anti-Toggle sides aren't going to agree with one another, and there's little to no hope for a satisfying outcome that'll please all sides.

So can we please agree to disagree and stop with the snide hostility? This is one of the most contentious matters that has been brought up since SGRAs have been discussed on these forums and by the look of it there's not going to be a resolution any time soon.

So please. Let's realise the argument for the dead horse that it is and stop flogging it. Some people want a toggle, some people don't, and everyone has their reasons. That pretty much covers it.

Okay, people. Seriously. This has become a circular argument for at least four pages. It's very clear that the pro- and anti-Toggle sides aren't going to agree with one another, and there's little to no hope for a satisfying outcome that'll please all sides.

So can we please agree to disagree and stop with the snide hostility? This is one of the most contentious matters that has been brought up since SGRAs have been discussed on these forums and by the look of it there's not going to be a resolution any time soon.

So please. Let's realise the argument for the dead horse that it is and stop flogging it. Some people want a toggle, some people don't, and everyone has their reasons. That pretty much covers it.

I'm fine with a toggle system. As long as I don't have to reroll my characters after the work I put into them. >.<

Hey, I know the feeling, but this isn't going anywhere. We're nearly at the end of the thread, maybe we can talk about something a little more productive?

We totally can. I vote puppies. All romance arcs should end with people adopting a puppy. Or, you know, a kitten. :D

Hey, just thought I'd share that it looks tremendously weird how this topic is permanent maintained in the first half of the first page with the same people arguing over an over like an echo gallery.

It gives the perception it's being manipulated to keep it on top, in your face. Might be wrong, of course. Just seems weird.

Eh, not really manipulation, just a lot of people post regularly in it so it tends to stay near the top.

We totally can. I vote puppies. All romance arcs should end with people adopting a puppy. Or, you know, a kitten. :D

Or a clan of teenage Trandoshans... what, you say that Qyzen wasn't a romance arc?

I would sell Kaliyo and Scorpio into slavery for a nexu cub non-combat pet. Or for five credits. Same difference, really. Make make it a whitefang cub for my Chiss Agent and Temple, since they're ice-worlders and keep the Phantom's air conditioning working overtime.

Edited by Cythereal

Honestly, I'm not sure why it seems this way to you. I see the same thing in the pvp threads, the flashpoint threads and so on. There are many pages and threads from other topics that are going in mass numbers. Are they in your face because they are posting about what they want constantly? If you feel they aren't in your face and we are due to the nature of our topic, it seems like a double standard to me.

This forum may seem like an "echo gallery" to you, but please remember it was your decision to come into this thread, on a subforum for Story and Lore. We aren't manipulating things to keep the page count going; we're all coming together discussion about some of our priorities in the game. Plus, I've actually read all the incarnations of this thread(about 300 pages now). It isn't unfair or unacceptable to talk about what we want and when, especially in the topic we created.

TL;DR: If you feel we are "in your face," then please leave our thread.

Edited by natashina

I would pay big to have a nexu cub pet! Maybe a security key vendor idea? ;)

Oh that would be awesome! It would be a great money sink. Maybe have pets influence certain companions for affection? I could just picture Vette going, "Aww, a kitty!" +40 affection. :D

Or a clan of teenage Trandoshans... what, you say that Qyzen wasn't a romance arc?

Well... that would put a dampener on people wanting to do any sort of romance arc. :p "Finish a romance arc! Find out your partner has teenagers from a previous relationship! Now you must decide whether to be the evil step-parent!"

I would sell Kaliyo and Scorpio into slavery for a nexu cub non-combat pet. Or for five credits. Same difference, really. Make make it a whitefang cub for my Chiss Agent and Temple, since they're ice-worlders and keep the Phantom's air conditioning working overtime.

So much this!!! My smuggler would take great pleasure out of siccing a Nexu cub on Corso and then yelling at him if he yells at the cub. :D

WTB more companion pets that are real pets. That would be so awesome...

Oh that would be awesome! It would be a great money sink. Maybe have pets influence certain companions for affection? I could just picture Vette going, "Aww, a kitty!" +40 affection. :D

You could give Leliana a pet in DA:O and Anders a kitten in Awakening. The nug would stand around the campfire all adorable and the kitten you could play with. It was awesome, we should have something like that for companions, maybe as a step between "yay getting married" and "so how about those babies".

You could give Leliana a pet in DA:O and Anders a kitten in Awakening. The nug would stand around the campfire all adorable and the kitten you could play with. It was awesome, we should have something like that for companions, maybe as a step between "yay getting married" and "so how about those babies".

Ooh, talk about a great icebreaker for all GR relationships! It strikes me as the perfect way to introduce romance options to current 50s when they add new content(for both SGR and OGR). :p

Ooh, talk about a great icebreaker for all GR relationships! It strikes me as the perfect way to introduce romance options to current 50s when they add new content(for both SGR and OGR). :p

"Have this tauntaun calf. PS, I love you."

I don't know about letting it effect affections gains/losses. I can see Khem Val now "Usless creature! Master you waste more time, and I grow restless" -40 affection :D

However, someone had mentioned that they wanted to not shut off or remove the flirts from the game, but rather an option to take away the [Flirt] next to the dialogue, allowing the playing to RP based solely on clues from quest text. Something that the players can shut off or leave on their own accord. This would go for both SGR and OGR flirts. The player would still get them, but could RP it blind if they so chose. Removing the [Flirt] text next to the dialogue for good would violate the whole "You won't be tricked into romances," bit. BTW, I think the idea that you should have the choice to take out all romantic arcs in the game isn't very well thought out and it's probably more of a pain to block all of it(from a programmer's standpoint, but that is a just a guess. YMMV.)

I like the idea in giving the player a choice to hide the actual {Flirt} word itself that pops up identifying the flirt dialogue on the convo wheel. I see where from an RPing standpoint that would be even more immersion for the player. Might be a good idea to post that in the "Suggestion" area if it haven't already been posted.

And I agree that simply removing the [Flirt] text next to the dialogue for good would violate the whole "You won't be tricked into romances," bit. Personally for me I love that they have our flirt options identified, after playing Mass Effect 2 and repeatedly accidentally giving Jacob the wrong idea, The PRIZE, I like know what I'm going to say... ;)

Back on topic, someone mention they hope that when they add SGR content that it's added in a patch and not a extra download that you have to pay for and I agree. In essence the game was shipped short of a bit of it's planned content so we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Well... that would put a dampener on people wanting to do any sort of romance arc. :p "Finish a romance arc! Find out your partner has teenagers from a previous relationship! Now you must decide whether to be the evil step-parent!"

Pff, I am an awesome step clan leader for my newly acquired teenage Trandoshans.

So much this!!! My smuggler would take great pleasure out of siccing a Nexu cub on Corso and then yelling at him if he yells at the cub. :D

WTB more companion pets that are real pets. That would be so awesome...

I kind of hope when they think about ship customization and companions that they'll do something with pets we can keep on the ship and have the companions interact with like they did in the DA series. I miss my Mabari XD

I don't know about letting it effect affections gains/losses. I can see Khem Val now "Usless creature! Master you waste more time, and I grow restless" -40 affection :D

Maybe Khem would like a baby rancor or something. He really is a big softie when it comes down to it. ;)