Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

cheeseforme

Light side has to be the dullest part of the this game I have experienced so far. Man, it feels horrifyingly lackluster, and im not trying to offend people or anything, I'm not trolling, just the way the story made me feel so far.

Where are the twists ? What makes this story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, shield x jedi", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back. Who in their right mind wants to do this? There is literally no twists in the middle of all this, non, there is no mystery whatsoever. Man a middle school kid could have came up with a better story, seriously.... in middle school ive heard more captivating stories from essays, no joke.

What truly amazes me is that someone in charge actually said " yes this is final-product-content, lets release it".Guys, you are selling this product... how is this the final product? Please... -.-

Will i finish my lightside character? Absolutely not, I invested ton of credits on stuff like costumes/mounts/utility to make the gameplay funner but despite all of that, I just can't do it. Sorry Bioware.

Am I the only person who sort of but not really feels insulted by this? Maybe not insulted but annoyed a tad bit that this was sold to us? Come on...

Dont tell me you or anyone with a middle school education can't come up with something better. This is coming from a dude who is practically entertained by the sound of farts...

On a lighter note, dark side was much more entertaining, not KOTOR entertaining but at least I can get through the story.

...So start playing more dark? Don't need to throw your character out to do that.

Also if you only played Act 1 of the JC, yah, it's pretty linear. It does get a bit better later on.

Granted, you're basically playing the Jedi diplomat class. Hard to make that exciting.

...So start playing more dark? Don't need to throw your character out to do that.

Also if you only played Act 1 of the JC, yah, it's pretty linear. It does get a bit better later on.

Granted, you're basically playing the Jedi diplomat class. Hard to make that exciting.

Not speaking about the alignment.

Where are the twists ? What makes [the Agent] story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, [stop y terrorist]", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back.

Everyone has different tastes. Many people talk up the Agent story but I think it is dull and unoriginal. There is nothing unique about the Agent story. It is just one recycled spy cliche after another with a generic Bond villain for the Chapter 1 boss. But I love the Consular story. It is the Jedi story. Sure, the Knight is a Jedi, but it is the Anakin aggressively negotiating from planet to planet story whereas the Consular has themes of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Consular story delves into morality and ethics, more than once forcing the player to choose between doing what is expedient, or what is easiest for the Republic, versus doing what is right. The consequences are minor, that is true, but that is true of every single class story. The honest truth is that, although the class stories are good, they have the depth of a puddle.

Like the other class stories, the three parts of the Consular story are connected, but out of all the class stories the Consular is the only one with such dramatic shifts. The Consular goes from being a healer in their first act, to being a diplomat in their second, to forming their own army and leading the charge into battle in defense of the Republic in their third act. Many people say that the Knight is the "canonical" Outlander as the Fallen Empire story is the, allegedly, direct continuation of the Knight's story, but to me the Consular is the only one that makes sense as the Alliance Commander.

I understand that the Consular story is not for everyone. Likewise, the Agent story is not for me even though it is widely considered to be the best of the class stories. You are going to find that some class stories will appeal to you more than others. Once you do it once for the legendary achievement, if that matters to you, then you can ignore it and never play the story again.

One minor thing I do want to nitpick. "It's your simple 'go to x planet, shield x jedi', rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back." This is true for all class stories in Chapter 1. They are all [repetitive] like this. Each planet is basically the same mission just with different scenery.

Edited by ceryxp

Personally, i enjoyed Jedi Consular very much, but as other posters said, that story is not for everyone. Nor is Imperial Agent, which i found a pain to play, never understood why

the Agent does the work of a grunt all the time ( any Imperial officer could have killed the guys in the Dark Temple..) and the ghost part.

Is the Agent Force sensitive and sees Force Ghosts like the guy who helps him escape the conditioning or is the Agent insane? My money are on option no.2, the Agent went crazy after going into the Dark Temple, plain and simple, the way Commander Gargun ( BH story) went.

Honestly, i regret not doing Smuggler to get the buff.

Edited by Hrafnhildur

My point stands, if you find playing a character a specific way boring, play a different way.

What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about storyline and you're talking about gameplay? Should read before posting.

Personally, i enjoyed Jedi Consular very much, but as other posters said, that story is not for everyone. Nor is Imperial Agent, which i found a pain to play, never understood why

the Agent does the work of a grunt all the time ( any Imperial officer could have killed the guys in the Dark Temple..) and the ghost part.

Is the Agent Force sensitive and sees Force Ghosts like the guy who helps him escape the conditioning or is the Agent insane? My money are on option no.2, the Agent went crazy after going into the Dark Temple, plain and simple, the way Commander Gargun ( BH story) went.

Honestly, i regret not doing Smuggler to get the buff.

In the end of the day it does truly come down to preference but i feel like the storyline could have had more depth. There was nothing unique about it and it felt i was doing the same quest but on a diff planet.

Where are the twists ? What makes [the Agent] story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, [stop y terrorist]", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back.

Everyone has different tastes. Many people talk up the Agent story but I think it is dull and unoriginal. There is nothing unique about the Agent story. It is just one recycled spy cliche after another with a generic Bond villain for the Chapter 1 boss. But I love the Consular story. It is the Jedi story. Sure, the Knight is a Jedi, but it is the Anakin aggressively negotiating from planet to planet story whereas the Consular has themes of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Consular story delves into morality and ethics, more than once forcing the player to choose between doing what is expedient, or what is easiest for the Republic, versus doing what is right. The consequences are minor, that is true, but that is true of every single class story. The honest truth is that, although the class stories are good, they have the depth of a puddle.

Like the other class stories, the three parts of the Consular story are connected, but out of all the class stories the Consular is the only one with such dramatic shifts. The Consular goes from being a healer in their first act, to being a diplomat in their second, to forming their own army and leading the charge into battle in defense of the Republic in their third act. Many people say that the Knight is the "canonical" Outlander as the Fallen Empire story is the, allegedly, direct continuation of the Knight's story, but to me the Consular is the only one that makes sense as the Alliance Commander.

I understand that the Consular story is not for everyone. Likewise, the Agent story is not for me even though it is widely considered to be the best of the class stories. You are going to find that some class stories will appeal to you more than others. Once you do it once for the legendary achievement, if that matters to you, then you can ignore it and never play the story again.

One minor thing I do want to nitpick. "It's your simple 'go to x planet, shield x jedi', rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back." This is true for all class stories in Chapter 1. They are all representative like this. Each planet is basically the same mission just with different scenery.

This ^^ i literally just said this on my last post replying to someone. There is no depth to the story and that is what makes me a bit upset. It feels like a slap in the face by developers.

I just starded operative and immediately fell in love :D.

Edited by cheeseforme

The issue with Consular is that regardless of your choices, your character is by default in a more favorable position with the Jedi Council and the order. It simply makes the most sense for the Consular to be a more light-sided, "goody-two-shoes" sort. You earn a respected position as the Jedis' loremaster and the easily just make you a Jedi Master simply so you can represent them to some political organization. As opposed to the Jedi Knight whose reputation with the Council is more tenuous due to their padawan secretly being a former Sith, them being reckless and charging the Emperor head-on at his spaces station despite warnings, and also working alongside the Emperor's top enforcer Lord Scourge as an ally. Not to mention it takes defeating the Emperor to even earn you the title of Master. These things are true regardless of your choices. Needless to say, if you want more "adventure" as opposed to lore, I'd recommend the Knight Edited by EAFSAMWISE

What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about storyline and you're talking about gameplay? Should read before posting.

...you do realize you are playing a game with conversation choices right?

you know that little wheel thing on the bottom of the screen with 2-3 options to take?

Considering that, my point still stands. If you don't like how the story is progressing along the "light" path (which you stated multiple times in your post I remind you), then choose different choices.

Oh, and btw, whenever you say "Should read before posting.", I highly recommend following your own advise very carefully before posting. At no point did I specify gameplay, story or alignment. You get to choose any one of them

I have no problem with the story. If it is sugary sweet goody two shoes I would find it refreshing compared to today's stories. For too many years there have been gritty, dark, hopeless, dystopian stories. Even reboots or reimaginings of past popular characters get a dark, brooding makeover. Obviously there needs to be a conflict for there to be a story, but that doesn't mean the villain has to be right after all, win, or who we thought was a good guy.

Playing the Consular I get to be the hero of the galaxy, and that's fine by me.

Edited by Hadsil

Light side has to be the dullest part of the this game I have experienced so far. Man, it feels horrifyingly lackluster, and im not trying to offend people or anything, I'm not trolling, just the way the story made me feel so far.

Subjective opinion is subjective.

Subjective opinion is subjective.

And that is it in a nutshell. OP doesn't like it. I do like it, I think it's one of the better stories. I could go into why I like it but it won't change the OPs mind and that's cool. We all like different things. I'm not keen on the warrior story, I find it generic and obvious.

Like I said, Consular is different from Jedi Knight because of their relationship with the order. Jedi Knight is more the reckles, "adventure and excitement" type who has a shaky relationship with the council while the Consular is more the sort who doesn't get into trouble. Keep Knight is more military, Consular is more passive/diplomatic in terms of their story and often more focused on mystical knowledge. If you find Consular boring, Knight is a better option. However I wouldn't play as a dark Consular because I've heard it both doesn't make sense and isnt very exciting either Edited by EAFSAMWISE

Like I said, Consular is different from Jedi Knight because of their relationship with the order. Jedi Knight is more the reckles, "adventure and excitement" type who has a shaky relationship with the council while the Consular is more the sort who doesn't get into trouble. Keep Knight is more military, Consular is more passive/diplomatic in terms of their story and often more focused on mystical knowledge. If you find Consular boring, Knight is a better option. However I wouldn't play as a dark Consular because I've heard it both doesn't make sense and isnt very exciting either

Exactly --

and JK is a bit of a rebel -- I play mine as a gung ho independent JK -- doing her own thing ( and a darn good Alliance commander)

my JC is truly a strong believer in the Order -- she is not rebellious (she went back to the Republic; it was just natural for her)

You can make dark decisions with JC, but for me -- I just couldn't -- it felt out of character for my interpretation of a JC Barsen'thor

You can make dark decisions with JC, but for me -- I just couldn't -- it felt out of character for my interpretation of a JC Barsen'thor

Dark JC basically comes off as someone who doesn't have faith in their own abilities and lacks the courage or confidence to succeed, thus killing people instead of saving or trying to save them, I.e. chapter 1 with the Terrak Morrhage ritual and with the First Son in the end where you can kill or spare him. Just comes across as someone who can't actually do the tasks assigned to them or lacks confidence in their own power, which doesn't look good on screen

I'm a person that just doesn't vibe with the Republic, so I approached this particular class story with skepticism back in 2016. While I'll always consider the light side to be....unnatural, *ahem*, I still wanted to come out with The Full Jedi Experience when all was said and done, so come DVL I made a Consular. Honestly, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the experience, yet I strangely wasn't.

If I was gonna be a Sage, I'd try to live up to the name and tried to make the safe, mature, Yoda-approved choice everytime, which YES, felt alien to me the person, but as me, the Consular it felt pretty good to cure plagues and be of service to my fellow galaxy dwellers. So I'm the weird person that really liked Act 1. I DID struggle with the Jedi Diplomacy arc, because the Rift Alliance was doing what it was designed to do, test my patience. I had to dive deep into the Jedi-ness an think Obi thoughts, because me the person always wanted to sabotage everything that me, the Consular was trying to achieve. And I hated Zenith, because I'm a Sith at heart. He's my most hated companion of all time. I liked Nadia though. Maybe it's because her hairstyle + color reminded her of my Sin, if I'm being honest. But beyond aesthetics, I enjoyed her company, because I really embraced the Light V thing, so being a good influence on my padawan obviously felt right. And back to aesthetics again, stock Nadia had white hair and face paint, so my white haired, dark makeup Consular had a most excellent Space Barbie friend.

Long story longer, despite my very obvious "SITH R GR8" bias, I really tried to approach each story on its own merit and found something that I liked about each class even if I'll never be too excited about playing nice with angry Twileks thrust on my ship against my will. In the end, either you'll like it or you won't. I think I would've enjoyed more archeology and artifact fetch quests say than meetings with Saresh, but that's why I'm the weird person that liked Act 1.

TL:DR -Channeled rock throwing FTW, I guess :)

I'm a person that just doesn't vibe with the Republic, so I approached this particular class story with skepticism back in 2016. While I'll always consider the light side to be....unnatural, *ahem*, I still wanted to come out with The Full Jedi Experience when all was said and done, so come DVL I made a Consular. Honestly, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the experience, yet I strangely wasn't.

If I was gonna be a Sage, I'd try to live up to the name and tried to make the safe, mature, Yoda-approved choice everytime, which YES, felt alien to me the person, but as me, the Consular it felt pretty good to cure plagues and be of service to my fellow galaxy dwellers. So I'm the weird person that really liked Act 1. I DID struggle with the Jedi Diplomacy arc, because the Rift Alliance was doing what it was designed to do, test my patience. I had to dive deep into the Jedi-ness an think Obi thoughts, because me the person always wanted to sabotage everything that me, the Consular was trying to achieve. And I hated Zenith, because I'm a Sith at heart. He's my most hated companion of all time. I liked Nadia though. Maybe it's because her hairstyle + color reminded her of my Sin, if I'm being honest. But beyond aesthetics, I enjoyed her company, because I really embraced the Light V thing, so being a good influence on my padawan obviously felt right. And back to aesthetics again, stock Nadia had white hair and face paint, so my white haired, dark makeup Consular had a most excellent Space Barbie friend.

Long story longer, despite my very obvious "SITH R GR8" bias, I really tried to approach each story on its own merit and found something that I liked about each class even if I'll never be too excited about playing nice with angry Twileks thrust on my ship against my will. In the end, either you'll like it or you won't. I think I would've enjoyed more archeology and artifact fetch quests say than meetings with Saresh, but that's why I'm the weird person that liked Act 1.

TL:DR -Channeled rock throwing FTW, I guess :)

Personally i do not understand this intense hatred for Zenith.. what's wrong with the guy? Everyone,but absolutely everyone hates him and i find this a bit hypocritical , since everyone loves Kanaan, Ezra,Ahsoka and Hera - they are rebels and anti-Empire too, remember?

Personally i do not understand this intense hatred for Zenith.. what's wrong with the guy? Everyone,but absolutely everyone hates him and i find this a bit hypocritical , since everyone loves Kanaan, Ezra,Ahsoka and Hera - they are rebels and anti-Empire too, remember?

It's not hypocritical if I admit to never rooting for these guys, because I don't watch the show. I don't enjoy that timeliine of Star Wars. I like SWTOR, because I get to live in this world and to a degree control the outcome. And even if it was hypocritical, so what? The sun will still rise even if a random girl on the Internet hates your favorite. The companions I like have extremely ardent haters and while I don't like the vitriol there's very little I can do to control it, so I don't engage.

Edited by EmperorPallas

True, they are all rebels who are anti-Empire. But Zenith has no compassion for people just trying to survive. Zenith is willing to throw people under the bus if it is good for Zenith. Zenith embodies the "with me or against me" mentality. That does not apply to Kanan, Erzra, Ahsoka, or Hera.

Every class has a companion or two who embody the traits that are antithetical to the expected trajectory of the class story. The Consular is expected to the light, or at least light grey, and Zenith, and to a lesser extent Qyzen, is the dark side Consular companion.

True, they are all rebels who are anti-Empire. But Zenith has no compassion for people just trying to survive. Zenith is willing to throw people under the bus if it is good for Zenith. Zenith embodies the "with me or against me" mentality. That does not apply to Kanan, Erzra, Ahsoka, or Hera.

Every class has a companion or two who embody the traits that are antithetical to the expected trajectory of the class story. The Consular is expected to the light, or at least light grey, and Zenith, and to a lesser extent Qyzen, is the dark side Consular companion.

As i said in another topic, he is not easy to understand. Still, he is, till some extent, loyal to the Consular, personally i like that part. Still, there is no reason for him to be completely excluded from future action, a good story requires controversy and a few dark characters, otherwise it would be dull.

Besides, you were warned about him since the beginning, when Tai Cordan described Zenith as a " blunt instrument", so you knew exactly what you're getting into.

And again, strictly as a personal opinion, my JC would very much prefer to have him as the active in the story companion instead of Tau Udair/ Arn Peralun. Why? "The devil you know".

I have to say that after recently doing a playthrough of the consular story and bringing Zenith along with me everywhere, I don't see him like that at all.

Zenith is extremely passionate about people who are just trying to survive, hell he knows better than anyone what those people go through, he cares deeply about balmorrans and other refugees of the Empire. (Not to mention his obsession with ensuring the consular is safe.) After playing through all of the planetary quests and paying attention to what he approved and disapproved, Zenith simply has no mercy for imperials, and it makes sense due to what they did to his homeworld, he's obviously deeply scarred with it.

Saying that he would "throw people under the bus if it is good for Zenith", doesn't correlate with what I saw with him at all, in fact, Zenith would disapprove every time I decided not to help someone and would approve every time I decided to help right away. Bluntly put, he doesn't believe in second chances, he doesn't believe in forgiveness and he does see things a bit too black and white when they are a lot more gray, but ultimately I would say his heart is in the right place if a bit broken because of his past.

To be honest, I never got why so many dislike this character so much and after doing a full playthrough of the story with him, I understand it even less. I would personally say he is one of the most interesting companions the consular has.

Edited by JJKerryee

I have to say that after recently doing a playthrough of the consular story and bringing Zenith along with me everywhere, I don't see him like that at all.

Zenith is extremely passionate about people who are just trying to survive, hell he knows better than anyone what those people go through, he cares deeply about balmorrans and other refugees of the Empire. (Not to mention his obsession with ensuring the consular is safe.) After playing through all of the planetary quests and paying attention to what he approved and disapproved, Zenith simply has no mercy for imperials, and it makes sense due to what they did to his homeworld, he's obviously deeply scarred with it.

Saying that he would "throw people under the bus if it is good for Zenith", doesn't correlate with what I saw with him at all, in fact, Zenith would disapprove every time I decided not to help someone and would approve every time I decided to help right away. Bluntly put, he doesn't believe in second chances, he doesn't believe in forgiveness and he does see things a bit too black and white when they are a lot more gray, but ultimately I would say his heart is in the right place if a bit broken because of his past.

To be honest, I never got why so many dislike this character so much and after doing a full playthrough of the story with him, I understand it even less. I would personally say he is one of the most interesting companions the consular has.

Most of that is derived from Zenith's story. I think a lot of people get turned off by Zenith on Balmorra, your very first interaction has Zenith wanting to kill someone in cold blood, and then they see what happens during their story, and that gives a strong impression. In Zenith's story they are willing to use blackmail, deceit, and lies to further their own goals, they show a lack of compassion for people who were in a bad situation and had to make tough choices for their families, and are then blasé about the fallout. If one's interactions with Zenith do not extend beyond the ship, and are entirely formed by Zenith's story and their reactions to choices made during on-ship cutscenes, it is entirely understandable why some come to the conclusion that they do.

I am hopeful that we will see some character growth in Zenith when we are reunited, but from the snippet presaging Zenith's return that we have received it seems like Zenith has merely fallen back into fighting the same old battles, and that will likely mean that Zenith has not grown as a person.

Most of that is derived from Zenith's story. I think a lot of people get turned off by Zenith on Balmorra, your very first interaction has Zenith wanting to kill someone in cold blood, and then they see what happens during their story, and that gives a strong impression. In Zenith's story they are willing to use blackmail, deceit, and lies to further their own goals, they show a lack of compassion for people who were in a bad situation and had to make tough choices for their families, and are then blasé about the fallout. If one's interactions with Zenith do not extend beyond the ship, and are entirely formed by Zenith's story and their reactions to choices made during on-ship cutscenes, it is entirely understandable why some come to the conclusion that they do.

I am hopeful that we will see some character growth in Zenith when we are reunited, but from the snippet presaging Zenith's return that we have received it seems like Zenith has merely fallen back into fighting the same old battles, and that will likely mean that Zenith has not grown as a person.

Well, I believe context is key here. He wants to murder someone in cold blood...who literally just tried to murder you in cold blood. And, although I convinced him to forgive the refugees, let's not sugar-coat things, "the families who had to make tough choices" are, in fact, traitors to their people that to ensure their own safety betrayed their planet and lead to thousands of balmorran deaths, so I don't think it's really fair to make them out to be simple "families in a tough situation". Zenith's anger when he learns the truth is completely understandable.

About the rest, although I'm not so sure it will be the case, I would also like to see some character growth for Zenith when he comes back.

Edited by JJKerryee