New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

Sorenia

So now we know why the new raid tier is getting jipped on new armor sets.

Q: What kind of things can we expect to see in the Cartel Coin shop.

Really cool mounts, cool pets, some gearsets (not impactful to endgame) that help players as they level up. The gear you will find will be interesting to everyone because it is not going to be restricted by class or by faction and all moddable. The gear you purchase in the CC shop is hopefully something you will be able to use for a class you got.

We also have a really cool thing called Cartel packs. Cartel packs you buy give you a random assortment of really cool items and a chance to get some of the cooler items that maybe in the game (not powerful, but very cool – they going to make you look AMAZING!)

Essentially art time got put into these gambling boxes and thus we have no new armor tier. For those unfamiliar with F2P these will be gambling boxes where the items you want are extremely rare. It's essentially unregulated gambling (much worse odds than Vegas for instance).

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I didn't like the sound of that part either as well , I know it doesn't affect end-game but to me the leveling part from 1-50 is the most important part of the game. As for the fluff gambling boxes you have hit the nail on the head , it is gambling and people will go crazy and buy lots of the cartel boxes to get that 1 in a million chance cool looking item. PSO2 does it in Japan , I guess this will give me an idea of how that will be achieved in the West. I'm not a fan of such randomised boxed gifts really. I wont be collecting too many things from those boxes.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Only to the idiots that`ll gamble, really.

Sounds EXACTLY like how they have done STO. These irritating boxes will drop off of kills, but you can't open them without first heading to the store and paying real money to get a key to unlock these boxes. They will either have crap inside them (Most often then not) or they will have that *one* piece you have been looking for like crazy that nobody has.

It's a money trap and quite frankly, should be illegal IMO.

GW2 has stuff like that as well, though you can sometimes get drops that will allow you to unlock them.

Honestly, if you don't like the idea of buying a box that you don't know what the contents will be, don't go to the cash shop and buy the stuff. Problem solved.

GW2 has stuff like that as well, though you can sometimes get drops that will allow you to unlock them.

The GW2 boxes are completely different than what these are. Those always give something useful and never have anything amazing in them.

Only to the idiots that`ll gamble, really.

No it's rubbish for the rest of us. EA will see this as easy money and give up on meaningful content. The whole MMO industry is going to devolve into this crap.

Why make good games when you can get away with unregulated gambling?

Edited by Sorenia

As long as these gambling boxes only contain aesthetic items that garner no advantage in gameplay, then I'm all for them, and I hope there are some wealthy players out there willing to buy them by the truckload.

You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?

Wow...they tore a page out of Forsaken World...A PerfectWorld game (f2p)...if they did , expect to spend a buttload of cash trying to get said cool looking gear!! They rate drops are extremely low....that really...@#$#@!

Oh and for you who think this is bad...wait till you see someone spending $100's a month on these......

Edited by grombrinda

I don't see the big deal with this, at the moment in the game you can either get boxes for free as rewards for missions completed or spend commendations to get them.

Now they have decided to put them in the CC shop as something you can buy to get that 1 in a million cool looking gear.

This isn't new to the game, the new part is that you have to pay for them in F2P with real money or the free Cartel Coins that are given to subscribers.

They need to find things which people will buy in the cartel shop. Hearing whats going in so far I cant see many people who can not afford subscription buying much of the stuff in the cartel shop, and most people subbing wont need XP boosts or legacy boosts or Valor boosts or vanity pets unless the new pets are much better than the ones we keep getting free, as for the new gear sacks for lv 15 etc, I cant see anyone wasting cash on gear they will out level within hours. As such given what we have heard so far the chance of getting new cooler looking gear is probably the only thing they have to sell to the hard core player who has most everything and is easy to mass produce.

Personaly I was hoping for new species so I would wamt to level more alts, which I would then want to buy outfits and other items for and new star ship skins. As is my lv 50's are hardly going to need XP boosts and its very unlikly they will need new speeders. outfits or pets as they have plenty of these and there is not much waiting on the group finder to flash.

I suepct that the gambling boxes will hold uber loot. Play to Win will be hidden by the fact that you can not buy new uber gear but you need cash keys to open the in game boxes which hold the uber gear. Way to get round selling new uber gear for cash and also to encourage people to spend a lot more cash trying to get it.

Edited by Izorii

Yeah, did PerfectWorld buy EA all of the sudden?

This is pathetic. If you're going to make a cash shop, put the damned armor in the cash shop for a price and let us buy it. Gamlbing boxes are the stuff of trash games.

People called this early, and I didn't want to believe it was going to happen. But here it is, staring us in the face. What a load.

I don't see the big deal with this, at the moment in the game you can either get boxes for free as rewards for missions completed or spend commendations to get them.

They'll be nothing like the current boxes. No matter what they'll find something you want and they'll put it in a box with a super rare chance to drop. Maybe it won't be pay2win but it'll be more than just "vanity" gear.

I've no problem paying more for stuff but I expect the items I want to not have a random price tag.

Yeah, did PerfectWorld buy EA all of the sudden?

This is pathetic. If you're going to make a cash shop, put the damned armor in the cash shop for a price and let us buy it. Gamlbing boxes are the stuff of trash games.

People called this early, and I didn't want to believe it was going to happen. But here it is, staring us in the face. What a load.

I agree completely if there is a piece of gear in the boxes that I want I might buy a couple but if I don't get them in the boxes I will QQ until this game is dead.

We subscribers are getting the loyalty reward of many cartel points when f2p launches. it doesn't make sense for them to do that unless they also provide interesting items for us to buy in the cash shop. Being a subscriber doesn't get you all the items in the shop. They want us to spend our points and hopefully, buy even more points to spend in the shop on top of the sub.

These boxes are a very bad idea. Whatever is in those boxes should be up for sale up front...not some kind of "buy enough boxes and you *might* get what you were looking for".

Come on Bioware...I'm struggling enough to stay in your game and to be apart of this great game you have when you said it was going F2P, please stop giving me less reasons to stay. I really do not want to leave this game, Bioware...but you are not helping with this. Not helping one single bit.

These boxes are a very bad idea. Whatever is in those boxes should be up for sale up front...not some kind of "buy enough boxes and you *might* get what you were looking for".

Come on Bioware...I'm struggling enough to stay in your game and to be apart of this great game you have when you said it was going F2P, please stop giving me less reasons to stay. I really do not want to leave this game, Bioware...but you are not helping with this. Not helping one single bit.

Do it!!! There are plenty of reasons to quit playing this game. First off, you're giving EA money, second, better games like Project SWG, SWG EMU, The Repopulation, Ever After, and Guild Wars 2.

No reason to stay here just to be slapped in the face over and over by EA.

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

Do it!!! There are plenty of reasons to quit playing this game. First off, you're giving EA money, second, better games like Project SWG, SWG EMU, The Repopulation, Ever After, and Guild Wars 2.

No reason to stay here just to be slapped in the face over and over by EA.

Guild wars 2 isn't that good, and the SWG EMU's are unfinished and don't want to work to get all of my SWG stuff back like my mandolin armor and mounts and meh.... swtor is good right now although these gambling boxes are horrible.

Sounds EXACTLY like how they have done STO. These irritating boxes will drop off of kills, but you can't open them without first heading to the store and paying real money to get a key to unlock these boxes. They will either have crap inside them (Most often then not) or they will have that *one* piece you have been looking for like crazy that nobody has.

It's a money trap and quite frankly, should be illegal IMO.

Was going to metion the STO boxes.

It's gotten to the point with STO that all new content comes in those boxes, regardless if you're a subscriber or not.

You want the new content, you have to buy keys and gamble for it.

The few bits of content that don't come from those boxes go to the cash store ONLY.

All a subscription gets you is a tiny bit of 'funny money' each month.

Not enough to buy anything unless you save it up for 6-10 months.

Edited by Voranis