Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

Reno_Tarshil

Forgot to ask ealier though and if possible, could you let us know if...

- The unlock prices for some of the new armor sets is indeed intentional or an accident; Namely if some of them are indeed meant to cost 450 CC.

- The drop ratio is only for the Rare-rated armor sets inside the Lockboxes or also for the Xoxaan, Mandalore the Ultimate, Tulak Hord ones as well?

Thank you. :)

Sorry for being a Nag Tait, but I'd also like to hear some clarity on Point 2 at least.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

::Gently places a sealed bag of confetti on the floor before poofing away.::

Can you expand which items were affected? And, what corrective measures, if any, will be taken?

- The unlock prices for some of the new armor sets is indeed intentional or an accident; Namely if some of them are indeed meant to cost 450 CC.

- The drop ratio is only for the Rare-rated armor sets inside the Lockboxes or also for the Xoxaan, Mandalore the Ultimate, Tulak Hord ones as well?

Also, what about the new Emotes? Hip Dip is freaking 600 CC to unlock. 60 is the norm price, 240 for "better" emotes. 600 is ridiculous.

Edit:

^ I would imagine so. The real question is...

What with the people who already bought "faulty" packs?

EDIT: Ah, almost forgot... And what's up with collection unlock prices?

For example: emotes unlock cost is 60CCs, but Emote: Hip Dip costs... wait for it... 600 CCs (that's SIX FREAKIN HUNDRED CCs).

Guess I missed your post the first time I went through

Edited by Prototypemind

Wow... how I hate myself for getting a hypercrate when this obviously made my money worse than it should have been. :/

Oh well... my loss, their gain, their game, my game, my gain - i guess.

Still sucks. Going to punch a jawa for this a few times. And maybe send a few droids to disintegration.

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

so when i bought a 24x pack of it there was a bug with the rarity.. -.- :mad: wow, i spent alot of money on that. Never buying CM stuff again.

Not overly happy about this either tbh. If there was a bug in the rare items dropping for the recent pack, which i bought 2 hypercrates of, then i'd like BW to consider some sort of compensation.

I'm fine with the nature of RNG, but if you are admitting that there were issues with the items that we all want dropping, then I effectively wasted my money on a dodgy product with no possibility of me knowing that it would be any less chance than it has always been for the good items to drop.

I really dont think a hotfix to ensure it wont happen in the future is good enough for the people who have already bought, and opened packs.

I'm curious if it fixes existing (unopened) packs/hypercrates or only newly purchased versions.

That depends on how the system works.

Is the items in a box set before that box is opened or is it randomized at the actual opening instant.

I bet it is the second option.

Because keeping track of what's in those boxes floating around would take up alot of memory. Just setting a random chance on each to use when opening takes up almost no memory.

In other words, I'm willing to bet that it fixes all unopened ones.

Not overly happy about this either tbh. If there was a bug in the rare items dropping for the recent pack, which i bought 2 hypercrates of, then i'd like BW to consider some sort of compensation.

I'm fine with the nature of RNG, but if you are admitting that there were issues with the items that we all want dropping, then I effectively wasted my money on a dodgy product with no possibility of me knowing that it would be any less chance than it has always been for the good items to drop.

I really dont think a hotfix to ensure it wont happen in the future is good enough for the people who have already bought, and opened packs.

Then I suggest you come up with a fair and good way of compensating.

Giving you two new hypercrates isn't a good option btw. (and I opened 2 myself so don't call me biased)

Giving your money back isn't a fair option either.

So what would you suggest?

EDIT: One option I have been toying with is to give everyone that bought a certain number of packs (maby a hypercrate or something) one free pack.

That would give a nice influx on the market and wouldn't flood the market.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Then I suggest you come up with a fair and good way of compensating.

Giving you two new hypercrates isn't a good option btw. (and I opened 2 myself so don't call me biased)

Giving your money back isn't a fair option either.

So what would you suggest?

EDIT: One option I have been toying with is to give everyone that bought a certain number of packs (maby a hypercrate or something) one free pack.

That would give a nice influx on the market and wouldn't flood the market.

Thats not my problem or concern. I didnt make the error, or mistake. Its not up to me to beg them for compensation for being (if it turns out to be the case) ripped off in the purchases of these packs. Its up to BW to find a appropriate solution, and compensation if warrented (and on the face of it, it is looking that way).

If they actually came to the community with that question it would be the catalyst for me cancelling my sub as it would indicate a complete lack of organization, business sense and common sense.

::Poofs into existence::

We're still looking into these. I'll make sure to update you when I know more! :tran_smile:

-Tait, Who Just Learned How To Teleport

::Poofs out of existence, leaving behind a small cloud of confetti.::

Gasp are you krieger from archer?

Thats not my problem or concern. I didnt make the error, or mistake. Its not up to me to beg them for compensation for being (if it turns out to be the case) ripped off in the purchases of these packs. Its up to BW to find a appropriate solution, and compensation if warrented (and on the face of it, it is looking that way).

If they actually came to the community with that question it would be the catalyst for me cancelling my sub as it would indicate a complete lack of organization, business sense and common sense.

Who said you should beg for compensation?

And who's to say you would have gotten anything better because of the drop rates?

The drop rates only affected the "rare" items as far as we can tell, not the super rare.

So you would maby have gotten a few more Nimble Brawlers upper sets, but it would hardly have made you richer.

And you demand compensation, but you can't specify for what.

Why do you need compensation? You can't possibly know you would have gotten anything better in those random boxes if the drop rates were not bugged.

The main thing that this droprate bug has affected is the overall marketplace. Alot more lower sets than upper sets and so on.

The only one of the lore sets that I noticed was sqewed was the Xoxaan set. The Tulak Hord and Mandalore sets seemed on-par with what there usually was on lore sets. Chest and head a bit more rare, but alot more expensive on the GTN. But not more than usual (popularity of the Tulak Hord set taken into account).

So tell me again what bioware should compensate you for?

Personally, I'm not looking for compensation towards me. I'm looking for a way for them to stabilise the market. Giving out one free cartel pack (not hypercrate) to everyone that bought any packs at all should even the marketplace out a bit.

Besides, this thead was about the collections unlock prices. Not the cartel packs.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Yes, so those that bought Hypercrates with a known "rarity" bug... are now, what? "Out of luck" and "go buy another Hypercrate?" ... Would really be nice to hear that we could get a reset on those to be honest, otherwise I may not buy another Cartel pack... for a very, very long time.

In reality, you did when you intimated that I should have some kind of idea of what is appropriate. Its not up to me, it shouldnt be up to me. If I have been ripped off at a store, and the store keeper effectively asks me "I have no idea what to do to make this up to you, please tell me what I should do" I would not be overly impressed. Said storekeeper should find a solution in the best interests of his customer on a par with whatever inconvenience has been imposed by the storekeepers mistake.

And who's to say you would have gotten anything better because of the drop rates?

I clearly stated that I was fine with the RNG nature of the packs. What I expect when I spend cash on them is the agreed upon nature and odds that all other packs have displayed. If this has turned out not to be the case due to a bug, then recourse most likely should be expected by the paying consumer base. Its not rocket science, or really anything other than what would be expected in any other market place.

It seems that you are ambivalent to whatever losses you may have occurred on a personal level due to whatever bugs may or may not be present in these packs. Thats fine, I am sure you have your reasons. For the most of us, however, Its less about the fact that I didnt get X box or Z item, its that maybe I didnt have an actual chance to get it in the first place when the tacit agreement in purchasing the pack was that I did.

Over and above this, there clearly needs to be some clarification as to the nature of the bugs if they are present. I would like to know if its just a superficial issue or something more serious. The nature of the cartel system and the packs are that if such a bug was present it could very well slip under the radar as its not really a widely discussed issue as far as i can tell.

I mean, everyone who doesn't get a rancor is going to be a little disappointed, but tracking the drop rates and charting whether or not they are within expected parameters? Thats something i'd suspect only BW could do, thats if they even bothered to (I'd like to think that they did, given that the Cartel Market is largely funding this games continuing existence).

So I guess i am somewhat impressed that if this is a problem with these packs that it has been raised so swiftly. I'd certainly like some more light to be shed on it from the powers that be though.

Edited by MystbladeWA

Before it gets lost due to the competition who has the longest schlong, I shall quote myself yet again, hopeful that Tait will be able to address it eventually...

Hopefully soon.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Thanks for the update Tait!

Be interesting now to see how they address the pre-2.8.1 drop rates resulting in flooding the market with some armor boxes and a dearth of the others. Maybe they just let it sort itself out naturally. /shrug.

It might just be easier to mark part of the set rare and leave the rest as is, perhaps offering some sort of exchange for the other pieces (say turn in 10 lowers into the vendor for an upper)

stuff like this are always hard to deal with. Wasn't this part of the reason they added rep vendors in the first place? so you could find the rare items.

My @ Tait mark on my thread title vanished. :confused:

Tait is gone, man... GONE!!

And probably took confetti with him :(

As for compensation for packs:

Ideally BW could give cartel packs for those that bought them, 1:1 ratio is imo a bit harsh, but 1:3 maybe? 1:4? 1:5 at least? And those packs can be BoP as far as I care (not the items tho :) ).

CCs back? No way. From experience I know that businesses will do pretty much anything NOT to give money back.

Edited by The_Natoorat

The drop rates only affected the "rare" items as far as we can tell, not the super rare.

So you would maby have gotten a few more Nimble Brawlers upper sets, but it would hardly have made you richer.

And you demand compensation, but you can't specify for what.

Why do you need compensation? You can't possibly know you would have gotten anything better in those random boxes if the drop rates were not bugged.

The main thing that this droprate bug has affected is the overall marketplace. Alot more lower sets than upper sets and so on.

The only one of the lore sets that I noticed was sqewed was the Xoxaan set. The Tulak Hord and Mandalore sets seemed on-par with what there usually was on lore sets. Chest and head a bit more rare, but alot more expensive on the GTN. But not more than usual (popularity of the Tulak Hord set taken into account).

So tell me again what bioware should compensate you for?

Personally, I'm not looking for compensation towards me. I'm looking for a way for them to stabilise the market. Giving out one free cartel pack (not hypercrate) to everyone that bought any packs at all should even the marketplace out a bit.

Besides, this thead was about the collections unlock prices. Not the cartel packs.

in that case they can just delete half the lower sets from the gtn and peoples bags. that will fix your precious market. I personally dont give a jawas patoot about the market. but I can tell you I will not be buying another hypercrate if I cant be sure they wont screw another one up.

Awe :D That was nice of you!!!

::Picks up the sealed bag of confetti and, stops just shy of throwing it away...pondering its many uses...then sticks it in his jacket pocket for later use::

Why are you using a broom anyways? Just use the force and push it away that way. It would have been faster. :p

Commando...no force power :(

^This. Also, as it's still unclear whether the drop rates are indeed bugged, or it's simply some items were "listed" as rare, but were actually super rare.

If it is the former and it will only be fixed in 2.8.1 (end june?) then it would probably be best to prevent people from buying more crates/packs (in terms of people complaining they got bugged ones etc etc etc).

I kinda hope it's the latter tbh, I want to buy some crates :p