How do you get flashpoint-specific loot nowadays? I'm looking for this one item...

Graesholt

Hey guys,

Just came back after a few years break, and playing mostly for the story.

Playing a consular right now, but looking to level a knight after I'm done.

I'm not sure I completely understand how loot works in flashpoints now, with the level adjustment and all.

For me the outfit makes the man.

I built the jedi knight's outfit around this specific item, the Esseles Sentinel's Tunic (TORCommunity, Jedipedia), which drops from a boss in the esseles Flashpoint.

My question is; can I obtain this item in the game still, and if so, can I do so only around a specific level, or can I grind my heart out to obtain it?

I would not mind having to buy it off someone on the GTN, but the specific item I'm after binds on pickup, so that's not an option...

Thanks for reading my question.

This specific item isn't part of the Esseles loot table any longer. With the changes towards personal loot with 4.0 all the orange shells were taken out of the FPs. In theory the now adaptive personal loot stuff still uses the previous looks, but which one you get depends your class and also on the level and usually levelling goes so fast now that you pass the window it could drop for your character too fast.

There is the legacy armor Battleborn Chestguard from the adaptive gear vendor on fleet or senate plaza, but it looks a bit different.

The Sentinel set synth-weavers can craft for level 19 though looks like using exactly the same skin as the old Esseles one. It still has the medium armor designation and is restricted to knights and smugglers, so unfortunately you wouldn't be able to use it with another class, not even with the outfit designer. But since the schematics still drop from underworld trading missions, you could either learn them yourself or should have not much of an issue to find someone able to craft it for you or selling it on the GTN. If you happen to play on Tulak Hord send a short ingame message to Yelil (Impside) and I make one for you.

This specific item isn't part of the Esseles loot table any longer. With the changes towards personal loot with 4.0 all the orange shells were taken out of the FPs. In theory the now adaptive personal loot stuff still uses the previous looks, but which one you get depends your class and also on the level and usually levelling goes so fast now that you pass the window it could drop for your character too fast.

There is the legacy armor Battleborn Chestguard from the adaptive gear vendor on fleet or senate plaza, but it looks a bit different.

The Sentinel set synth-weavers can craft for level 19 though looks like using exactly the same skin as the old Esseles one. It still has the medium armor designation and is restricted to knights and smugglers, so unfortunately you wouldn't be able to use it with another class, not even with the outfit designer. But since the schematics still drop from underworld trading missions, you could either learn them yourself or should have not much of an issue to find someone able to craft it for you or selling it on the GTN. If you happen to play on Tulak Hord send a short ingame message to Yelil (Impside) and I make one for you.

Thank for your answer and offer.

Unfortunately, I'm on Darth Malgus.

So a bunch of looks are just no longer available in the game?

That seems so stange in contrast to their commitment lately to offer replicas for the old PVP season items.

Have they said anything in defense of why these items/looks cannot be made available in other ways (such as a vendor, or just letting the old loot still drop from where it did before in addition to the new so we can grind for it)?

Unfortunately they haven't said anything about that. Some skins were reused with the adaptive post 4.0 synthweaving and armormech schematics, but a lot of the FP stuff was a bit different in the details and colours.

During the 5.x cycle old open world class sets were part of the commando crates loot table and Bioware said they would keep them available by bringing in a vendor for them with 6.0, but that never happened nor was any further question answered about that as far as I know.

The rare green random loot stuff at 75 seems to reuse some of the old class set skins too. But it's totally random and as far as I know, the specific styles from the old FPs or planetary vendors are not included there.

Some skins have more or less alike counterparts that could be used to recreate the style with the right dye module, but not all and sometimes, those that are there are also old schematics that only could be learned before 4.0 hit, so you'd have to find someone with the schematic first.

Edited by Khaleijo

Unfortunately they haven't said anything about that. Some skins were reused with the adaptive post 4.0 synthweaving and armormech schematics, but a lot of the FP stuff was a bit different in the details and colours.

During the 5.x cycle old open world class sets were part of the commando crates loot table and Bioware said they would keep them available by bringing in a vendor for them with 6.0, but that never happened nor was any further question answered about that as far as I know.

The rare green random loot stuff at 75 seems to reuse some of the old class set skins too. But it's totally random and as far as I know, the specific styles from the old FPs or planetary vendors are not included there.

Some skins have more or less alike counterparts that could be used to recreate the style with the right dye module, but not all and sometimes, those that are there are also old schematics that only could be learned before 4.0 hit, so you'd have to find someone with the schematic first.

Every other time I learn something about this game, I get sad for it.

Thank you, though. You have been extremely helpful.