Ikzdeh

I am getting latency spikes up to 300k, no joke - https://imgur.com/a/i12IAoV

When i ping the server at the same time it looks fine (sorry german windows):

Ping-Statistik für 151.101.112.193:

Pakete: Gesendet = 25, Empfangen = 25, Verloren = 0

(0% Verlust),

Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:

Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 14ms, Mittelwert = 8ms

Do other people have this problem too? I googled and found a few from a year ago - reports of a couple in the same local network where only one has the lag. It seems to be a gamble what Swtor-Server IP i connect to?

but nothing about a fix. What can i do?

Edited by Ikzdeh

You can start by learning something about "Internet Routing", and then realizing that there is a whole lot of internet infrastructure between you and the BW servers, and things can go wrong.

Hopefully it will clear up within a day or two. 🙂

What is this internet Routing? Seems like the path my signal takes to the server and back.

A 300k seems as the signal does a few laps around the world before reaching the server, whats a bit odd.

And what can i do about it?

I am only expierences this in Swtor, every other game has a flawless 31ms.

Why does it clear up in a few days? Do you have crucial information i am missing?

Its already a few days too much for my taste and it seems as some other player do not have it - on a 8 man group 3 players been lagging out.

Edited by Ikzdeh

Think of the internet as being like a city. You drive your car down various streets to get to locations in the city. Things are going fine until one day there's construction work on the street you take to get to the Mall. Meanwhile, the rest of the city streets are clear, so your trips to work, the 'club', the barber, etc, are perfectly fine, but the trip to the Mall is a mess.

Eventually, the road work is finished and the trip to the Mall becomes easy again.

In your case, your internet trip to other sites is fine, but only the route to SWTOR is laggy. Eventually (hopefully) the bad router/hub/computer that's causing problems on your BW route should get fixed.

In many of these cases you get a number of people complaining at the same time; usually because their internet routes go through the same glitchy hub. The closer the problem is to the BW servers, the more people affected.

If the problem is at your end, or your ISP's end, you may be able to fix it. If the problem is at the SWTOR end, then BW can fix it. But if the problems is with one of the many hubs or routers in between, you basically just have to wait it out.

Edited by JediQuaker

Have you restarted the router in the last few days? If not, DO IT! You are making a completely new connection, which will probably be routed differently. Normally you shouldn't have high latencies any more.

Someone once told me that the data centre in Düsseldorf, which burnt down, would affect the connection to the SWTOR servers from Germany, but I can't say anything about that due to my lack of expertise.

I have the same issue.

And yes the router is rebooted and works with the newest firmware.

We are 2 players in the same room with the same router. I play with Lan and the other with WLAN.

The other player with WLAN hasn't issued.

But I since the last 3 days.

My other games are really fine. With GW2 or New World alpha I haven't issues. FPs always on 60.

So it isn't an Internet issue - it is a SWTOR server issue.

I guess BW /EA works in the back for implement 6.3.

I will try it with VPN again. Another server, another country...

I came back to the game a week ago and since then I'm having the exact same problem, I live in Germany too. My internet works fine and all other games do work properly. I've tried everything I can and I'm still experiencing lag spikes every 20 seconds. It really sucks, I really wanted to play. Edited by Shurend

The main thing you can do yourself, is trying out a gaming VPN like Exitlag or WTFast. They have trial periods where they're either free for a few days or disconnect you regularly (like every 30min.)

When they help, it's clearly something hat *could* be fixed by your ISP (if you could convince them to do so) but in the end, the larger a ISP, the less they (can) care about specific problems of a few customers, while smaller ISPs may be more customer oriented but have less leverage when the problem is outside their own network.

A server side problem (every player would be affected) is as unlikely as a problem on your side (every online game would be affected). It's likely somewhere inbetween, so it would be interesting to find out where the lag spikes happen. The problem can be approached from both sides, and the closer it is to EA's ISP, the more they can do.

For a traceroute press Win+R and type "cmd", and in the DOS prompt type tracert 159.153.72.252 for the EU servers. (159.153.92.28 for US) . When there are large or fluctuating pings on one server, this or the connection to the previous server is likely the culprit (3 timeouts (*) doesn't count, that usually just means the server is set to ignore pings).

With these results you can contact your ISP's customer service or EA's Swtor Support page . If you post it publicly and have (i.e. pay for) a static IP, remove it from the <1ms hop(s). Otherwise, all the IPs reveal about you is your ISP and maybe a rough estimate of the region you live in, both are important for fixing routing problems.

Edited by Mubrak