Maintenance: February 13, 2020

DanielSteed

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this delay has to do with the stronghold. As much as I want it and I am quite upset that it was delayed despite being told it might have been released when Onslaught, I hope the 'found issue' is not listening to the feedback from the PTS forum on it. From the costs alone that were given, there is absolutely no change to what majority of people wanted : mainly a large main room and a second level (with a balcony looking down to the main floor like the Senate or House Organa). It's disappointing that an effort was made for feedback from the players regarding all things from bugs to how the SH is and nothing was changed besides a cinematic and maybe some hooks.

I hope the delay isn't much longer. I specifically returned to SWTOR with my subscription for this SH as I have been waiting for it for so long and now feedback was ignored and it is delayed further.

Any adjustments for Gods Master Mode?

Or is the removal of the Veterans Edge stacks intended?

Because i dont get the point to buff old content.

Was wondering about the same thing. Instead of giving information or updates about Dxun NIM, the hardest NIM ops to date just gets buffed, without adjusting the player stats.

I'm going to take an unusual stance for me: delaying the patch is the right thing for them to do, and Mr. Musco, I compliment the decision. I also find the level of 2 way communication in this thread highly encouraging.

Now if only we could get answers on our other issues as well.

Yes, and for a couple of other characters too :)

Thanks for clearing that up about Scourge as well as hinting at more companion interactions to look forward to! :)

I'll spend the time until the patch praying that one of those might be with Arcann. Probably not, I know, but please don't forget about him and Senya. It would be so weird if they had nothing to say about

this final weapon of Tenebrae's

Why do people assume that the problem with the patch is a bug?

They only spoke very vaguely about a "last minute issue" which they still need to understand fully. That can mean anything. Maybe this "issue" is that the patch is simply not ready coded, but they thought it would be by now. And the reason they don't tell a new date for the patch is that they don't know yet when they will actually have the patch ready? Some dev didn't deliver their codelines yet or whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised.

If there is a specific bug or actual issue, they could (and probably would?) have been a bit more specific like "we found a bug in the new stronghold and pest patrol has been booked for tomorrow".

Specifically, the cinematic scene for the mission "Signal from Noise" will end with...

...your character inviting Scourge to go for a walk someplace quiet.

That said, our investigations into the exact cause of the bug are still ongoing, so we don't feel comfortable calling this a fully "fixed" issue. As it currently seems unlikely that we will get such confirmation in time for the release, we wanted to share these details for those among you who are justifiably cautious where your romances are involved. If you’re concerned about potentially missing the cinematic lines referencing this romance, you may want to hold off on starting “Signal from Noise” when it becomes available in update 6.1.

Did no-one see this? Devs, have you really not tested / run through the Scourge romance to see if it runs as intended? Are you expecting us to do that knowing full well the/any errors will not be retro fixed? Is anyone who romanced Scourge prepared to sacrifice their character's romance just to check this out? I'm not.

Did no-one see this? Devs, have you really not tested / run through the Scourge romance to see if it runs as intended? Are you expecting us to do that knowing full well the/any errors will not be retro fixed? Is anyone who romanced Scourge prepared to sacrifice their character's romance just to check this out? I'm not.

I remade my Knight with a 70 token until I get the chance to replay him normally (mostly because I was concerned this wouldn't get fixed) so I'll likely run it on the token one first to see the romance, and then test it on my other version of the character (the one who has the romance bug) to see if it plays or not. I intend to not play the broken Knight anymore anyway so I'm willing to test it out.

But it still is pretty crappy that it has not been tested by the Devs to see if it will run or not. If I didn't have the token version of my Knight, I certainly wouldn't risk it and I'd be pretty annoyed I couldn't deal with this Vitiate stuff on my Knight first.

Edited by Farferello

We know how important romance storylines are for our players (they're important to us, too!) and will work hard to ensure that the issue is fully resolved in our next patch. As soon as we know the release date and have the fix confirmed, we’ll let you know.

I've lost romances on all but two of my characters. All the romances with Theron, Lana, and Koth disappeared somewhere along the line, despite taking all the Flirt options I could find. Romances with class companions survived the chapters. Customer service told me each time that nothing can be done.

(Interesting note: All the characters who lost their romances are female Agents. Yes, I have a bunch of agents. Light side loyal to the Empire, light side double agent, dark side loyal to the Empire, dark side independent, etc.)

Given that you realize how important romances are, and how deeply disappointing it is to try to run a story repeatedly with variations only to be forced into the same generic dialog repeatedly, are there any plans to add a fix? Perhaps something the players could manage themselves, like a Romance Terminal, where we can set who our current romance is?

It would be nice to go back and replay some of those chapters with the romance reinstated, and even better to go forward knowing those fun story moments will take place.

Edited by Xina_LA