Stuck on General Durant quest

TheUninspired

To refresh some of your memories, a class quest on Taris has the Warrior rescuing Pierce by disabling a series of laser fences and then confronting the namesake of the quest. I disabled all of the laser fences and met up with Pierce, but before meeting with Durant I backtracked to the start of the area to find a stray mob I missed for the bonus quest.

Doing that I noticed I could interact with the disabled laser fences. Expecting maybe another quick bonus quest, I interacted with the panel, only to learn that the fence went back up behind me and now I find myself unable to reach Durant again. The quest objectives that I originally used to bring down the fences remain destroyed and the panel is out of reach.

Here's a screenshot to give you a better idea of my predicament: http://i.imgur.com/Nb8lbyc.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a bit frustrating being unable to progress your class story.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Go outside of the instance, then you can reset it. Just don't activate anymore panels on the inside of the gates and you should be able to get through.

its been fixed for over 3 years now.... ever heard that necroing posts are frowned upon?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Might be a necro thread, but I had the same problem today - so might be helpful to someone. Too much curiosity - I re enabled the third light fence and then was unable to get to Pierce.

Tried jumping around and the /stuck command on the off-chance, but no joy. Only one instance, so changing not an option.

In the end, left the compound and then was able to reset the class quest. Of course, had to fight the same troops as before and destroy all three fences again, but was able to reach Pierce.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

9 god damn years later and this is STILL an issue, WHY is the fkn panel for the gate even there?

Well, i found a way to get around it Without having to redo the entire thing, the console you (the reader) just blew up to get to Pierce, you can jump up on it from the side/behind and then climb the shelves, jump onto the...pillar thing, w/e it is, and then jump over the forcefield.

Some might considering this Necroing but those people can F off, this is still an issue over 10 years later, and i delivered a solution for anyone else having this issue in the future.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, this mission.  Blew up the first control panel, the laser gates were still up and there's no way to slip around the first gate.  Left the story area, quit game, relogged, went back in, gate was down as it should be.  Just a pain this is STILL an issue, you know.