World PVP on a PVE Server at Relics of the Gree Event. ***

Mackdi

Thanks EaWare dev's for ruining the Relics of the Gree Event with the whole event area being a PVP zone. I choose a PVE server so I dont have to deal with PVP jerks killing me over and over and over while I am trying to get my rep and see the story and look at the nice environment. I don't like world pvp at all. Leave that stuff on the PVP servers for the PVP turds! This was my first run of the event and now I dont even want to run it at all now. My subscription will not be renewed for this game unless the open world pvp is removed from PVE servers. I know im not alone on this and since I already find the raiding community to be terrabad I am spending my dollars elsewhere on a game company that cares about its product and the people that use it. I will only be logging on for special events now. Long live F2P!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks EaWare dev's for ruining the Relics of the Gree Event with the whole event area being a PVP zone. I choose a PVE server so I dont have to deal with PVP jerks killing me over and over and over while I am trying to get my rep and see the story and look at the nice environment. I don't like world pvp at all. Leave that stuff on the PVP servers for the PVP turds! This was my first run of the event and now I dont even want to run it at all now. My subscription will not be renewed for this game unless the open world pvp is removed from PVE servers. I know im not alone on this and since I already find the raiding community to be terrabad I am spending my dollars elsewhere on a game company that cares about its product and the people that use it. I will only be logging on for special events now. Long live F2P!!!!!!

Hey, you should probably unflag yourself, only the area that contains [PvP] quests and are specifically marked as PvP are world PvP areas if you're not flagged.

make sure you are in a team with people who are not flagged so you don't become flagged yourself. I know, I know, BW should hand everything to everyone, but sometimes a little effort from yourself can go a long way. I've participated in all the gree events so far and only got ganked a couple of times...and only once outside the actual pvp area.

Well....

I don't have an issue with how they set up. But I won't be forced to PVP against my will...so I choose not to participate.

I didn't last time. I will not this time. Simple.

When I feel like PVPing I will choose to participate myself. Bioware will not make that choice for me....period.

If Bioware wants me to participate in PVP they are going to have to do some work on it first. Right now it's too clunky and gear based for my taste.

Edited by LordArtemis

Hey, you should probably unflag yourself, only the area that contains [PvP] quests and are specifically marked as PvP are world PvP areas if you're not flagged.

Oh really?

Do those missions require you to kill other players? You know...PvP?

Sweet. The crying of overly entitled pve heroes too lazy and too delusional to stay out of the marked PVP zones is right on schedule. Not going to lie, watching the QQ explode is totally my favorite part of the Gree events.

i know right, people get so mad in general chat, its rather amusing, so i keep killing them anyway :D

No the problem was I got flagged for pvp as soon as I got to the Gree area. I was ganked repeatedly outside the pvp area. EAWare needs to change it so you cant flag outside the pvp area. I shouldnt on a pve server have to deal with "oh i better check my pvp flag so the *****holes dont gank me again"

i like pvp. so no :p

Actually, I love it.

Thanks for putting achievements in there this time for PvP Bioware!!! Gives open world an actual purpose.

(and no, I am not a PvPer... I am mainly a PvE'er who isn't AFRAID of PvP...)

Think of it this way:

All the many many people that complain about being "forced to PvP" to experience the full scope of the event.... I don't believe I have ever seen them complain that they are "forced to team" to clear the Daily Heroic... I have never seen them complain that they are "forced to join an operations group" to do Xeno or the World Bosses.....

If the event is flawed by forcing PvE'ers to participate in PvP to experience the full scope of the event, isn't it equally flawed by forcing Solo players to participate in teams to do the Heroic and Ops content to experience the full scope of the event?

Kinda funny....

Well....

I don't have an issue with how they set up. But I won't be forced to PVP against my will...so I choose not to participate.

I didn't last time. I will not this time. Simple.

When I feel like PVPing I will choose to participate myself. Bioware will not make that choice for me....period.

I could not agree more.

If everyone who does not like the current set up simply refused to participate, then the number of people doing the event would drop dramatically. Don't like the possibility of being dragged into PvP then get organized with like minded people and boycott: EA can see the number of people who are participating, and if they see that the numbers are lower than expected, they'll ask why; and when they get the answer that the people avoiding the event don't want to possibly get dragged into PvP, they will change something. Coming on the forums, whining about the event's set up and then running it anyway isn't doing anything: that's whining for the sake of whining.

I could not agree more.

If everyone who does not like the current set up simply refused to participate, then the number of people doing the event would drop dramatically. Don't like the possibility of being dragged into PvP then get organized with like minded people and boycott: EA can see the number of people who are participating, and if they see that the numbers are lower than expected, they'll ask why; and when they get the answer that the people avoiding the event don't want to possibly get dragged into PvP, they will change something. Coming on the forums, whining about the event's set up and then running it anyway isn't doing anything: that's whining for the sake of whining.

I agree. I refuse to be forced into some world PvP on a PvE server. I chose PvE so I could have PvP as an OPTION. I'll decide whether to opt in or not. So therefore I turn my back on this gree event. That stupid looking mount and armor is no worth it anyways.

I just can't stop laughing.

Make it stop, lol.

No the problem was I got flagged for pvp as soon as I got to the Gree area. I was ganked repeatedly outside the pvp area. EAWare needs to change it so you cant flag outside the pvp area. I shouldnt on a pve server have to deal with "oh i better check my pvp flag so the *****holes dont gank me again"

I call BS. If you got flagged as soon as you entered the area then that's a bug.

As far as worrying about checking your flag status. Are you seriously implying that it is difficult to look at your character icon for a whole 3 seconds to see if you are flagged? You know they are never going to change this right? You will always be able to toggle it on a PvE server.

Edited by Lugosi