Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?'
  • Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes. Though entire Galactic Seasons UI has bit subservient vibe to it - Objectives should def. have a menu of their own, instead of being buried among conquest objectives. Maybe this is work in progress?

[*]In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Please add objectives for Starfighter and railshooter space pve as well! As it stands, these are both missing for no good reason. Objective list is in pretty dire need of some..diversification. GSF and Railshooter offer a plenty.

[*]What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Most objectives are same stuff people have been doing for conquest for a long time now. Rampages, story mode ops, etc. Would be fun to have some objectives that are bit further outside the box. Bit heavier investment on encouraging people to do something they usually don't would be nice. Starfighter, Railshooter, Railshooter heroic missions, Eternal Championship, Uprisings would deserve to be bit more prominent alternatives here. There's 200 different rampage objectives but only one for doing an Uprising.

.. I mean..how many different systems want to reward me for killing few dozen mobs in DK?

In general, I think it would be nice to include stuff that is kinda rarely visited or niche. System could be used to show or promote parts of game that are off the beaten path for most.

Why not have objectives that reward people from doing stuff on pvp instances of planets for example? Kill other players, kill NPCs in specific Rep/Imp outposts..and so on.

Happy to see rewards look pretty novel and interesting.

Ps aff GSF customizations as daily rewards!

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  
    Please answer the following questions:
  • Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Yes.

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, though I'd suggest to put them in another tab in the conquest list... like they are in the login rewards screen (or otherwise separate them more).

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

At first... I didn't realize the the items referred to conquest objectives. Since I don't do conquest much (not enough to know the names of objectives), I thought "Ziost: defeat enemies 2" meant "defeat 2 enemies on Ziost".

(also NOTE that Ziost rampages don't exist - killing 2 things on ziost made sense, since everything is DEAD there >_>)

• How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

I don't like the system. One of the two objectives I had (ziost) was impossible to complete.

• What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

I have major issues with the 'get ahead' premise, and the CC option to 'catch up'. I worry it sets a bad precedent for the game, encouraging paying to *not* play instead of pushing players to try new types of content by providing shinny carrots.

I got the 12 point login bonus today. No issues that I noticed other than the previous mentioned lack of indication of rewards. Really should probably be a pop up message or something. The login reward number was showing 5 for the 4 daily rewards and the login reward when I first logged in though. As a general bug report, after I zoned the number changed to zero (despite me not claiming any of the four rewards) and I think when I first hit level 1 yesterday I was having the same bug as I recall having seeing zero when I was looking for any indication I leveled up.

Now that I have hit level 2 and level 3, I see a major UI failure. The level bar on the Galactic Seasons menu. I see now that it is supposed to be tracking your total progress towards level 100. And I am not opposed to that idea for the level bar, and arguably that makes more sense than a repeating bar with only 8 XP...the problem is the location. It is right below the level indicators of 1-6 (or w/e levels you are currently displaying). The visual implication is that the XP in the bar corresponds with the levels right above it (not helped by the fact that the XP bar has markers at the edges of each level section of the chart). Thus the XP bar makes it look like I am less than 1/4 of the way to reaching level 1 despite the fact that I have hit level 3. If the plan is to keep the bar as a progress to level 100 bar then it needs to be moved or adjusted because its current location is just going to confuse people. Possible solutions would include moving it to the bottom of the menu below the page numbers or adding an icon for level 100 at the end of the bar (although depending on the icon that could make people think that it is progress towards 100 XP). Point is needs to be tweaked unless you want a lot of bug reports about it not working and/or people thinking they are leveling up slower than they are.

UPDATE:

Got to level 4 today and finally unlocked the token! I don't know if it was an intentional PTS feature, so we could experience and test the rewards out, or if it is a BUG, so reporting if the latter is the case: Token can be claimed infinitely!

Really hope that feature is in game! What? NOO!?? :(

Kidding aside, a few rewards "issues":

> Nico did not show on Collections after using the communicator.

> "Nico Okarr's Duster", "Altuur's Infiltrator Customization", and weapons I tried on comps also did not unlock on Collections after use (they are on a timer even after use, so maybe that's it?)

> The new SHs are nice. However, looking out the window gets a bit weird. On SW, including Swtor, all ships are usually on the x axis and watching a bunch on the y axis was :eek:

It's even more expressive watching from the Imp SH since there are ships both on x and y! :eek::eek::eek:

Not a bad thing, btw, simply unusual watching them this way.

One last thing, 1 token per reward is far, far too little. I'd suggest a bundle of 5-6 per rewards. Being optimistic?

EDIT: Some people, and pretending I'm being altruistic and not talking about myself, really like multiple decos... As is, it's kinda hard to get most things, let alone multiples ;)

Edited by Ekyam_Drakon

This page needs more organization.

https://imgur.com/a/BfjJge9

I suggest two tabs, one "Conquest Objectives" and the other "Priority Objectives". Clicking on stuff in either tab would fill in the pane on the right that has the detailed description of the objective.

Additionally, another UI control needs to be added next to the "Sort By" one (pictured), called "Filter By". It should be a sub-control of the tab (so should appear separately on both tabs) and contain (multi-select):

• Priority Objectives (only if the objectives aren't split into tabs)
  • Conquest Objectives (only if the objectives aren't split into tabs)
  • Infinitely Repeatable
  • Daily Repeatable
  • Once a Week
  • Missions
  • Crafting
  • Rampages
  • Operations
  • Flashpoints
  • PvP
  • GSF
  • ...etc...

That objectives list was already too long with just the conquest objectives and I still have trouble finding stuff in it on live. This priority objectives/galactic seasons system adds even more to it, and it needs to be filterable.

Edited by Citrienne

Hi all!

I wanted to update this thread and address some of the great feedback we have received so far!

There is a bit of confusion about why some of the Priority Objectives appear to not be working. There are currently more objectives showing than there should be, and the assigned Weekly Priority Objectives are not being filtered to the top of the Conquest list like the Daily Priority Objectives are. We are aware of this issue and working to have it resolved.

The naming convention for the Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives causes some confusion. We will be making another pass to make this clearer to players.

The Galactic Season progression is currently not showing through the experience bar, however, you should be seeing progression through the point tracking on that same screen.

Other feedback we have noted since PTS has started:

• There is a wish for additional Galactic Season Tokens to be earned.
  • Tracking Priority Objectives is hard to do because it is binarily “Done” or “Not Done”.
  • Additional variance in the Daily Priority Objectives and ways to complete them (with friends and solo).

Please note that we are in the process of gathering all the constructive feedback that’s being compiled here. While we are discussing the feedback noted above, that doesn't necessarily mean changes are coming for those points. However, we will circle back on what we are, or aren't changing, and why! Lastly, as with any new feature in development, there will be a few kinks as the rest of the system comes online. We thank you for the continued feedback and patience as that process continues.

We look forward to continuing to build Galactic Seasons out with your input!

Hi all!

I wanted to update this thread and address some of the great feedback we have received so far!

There is a bit of confusion about why some of the Priority Objectives appear to not be working. There are currently more objectives showing than there should be, and the assigned Weekly Priority Objectives are not being filtered to the top of the Conquest list like the Daily Priority Objectives are. We are aware of this issue and working to have it resolved.

The naming convention for the Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives causes some confusion. We will be making another pass to make this clearer to players.

The Galactic Season progression is currently not showing through the experience bar, however, you should be seeing progression through the point tracking on that same screen.

Other feedback we have noted since PTS has started:

• There is a wish for additional Galactic Season Tokens to be earned.
  • Tracking Priority Objectives is hard to do because it is binarily “Done” or “Not Done”.
  • Additional variance in the Daily Priority Objectives and ways to complete them (with friends and solo).

Please note that we are in the process of gathering all the constructive feedback that’s being compiled here. While we are discussing the feedback noted above, that doesn't necessarily mean changes are coming for those points. However, we will circle back on what we are, or aren't changing, and why! Lastly, as with any new feature in development, there will be a few kinks as the rest of the system comes online. We thank you for the continued feedback and patience as that process continues.

Mr. Staats:

Thank you for your update and I am going to guess the reason those are not showing up is you want to be sure it takes people longer than 1 week to finish the Season 1. Instead of restricting the items we can do daily maybe restrict how many points you can get in a week and let us choose which activities we want to do. I think this would be a win/win situation.

As I mentioned in my last post, the bar does seem to be working...it just looks like it is for something different than it actually is (the bar is for progress towards level 100 when it looks like like it should be for progress on the individual levels).

Don't think the exp bar in the social menu is working at all though.

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Yes, I found it from the dropdown menu "Login Rewards / Galactic Seasons". It was pretty easy to find.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, but I agree with other feedback that it should be more split out.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I think the list of objectives was pretty reasonable.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

I think there should be some sort of reward if you go well over the 800 points.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

I think the reward tokens should be slightly increased, or available after you've broken 800 points.

Hi all!

snip

Thank you for the update & response!

It does seem odd that you can 'claim' the token reward infinitely (or at least until you hit the 15-token limit (only 15? Really?) - not sure if this is a bug or a feature, haha. That does let me unlock the new fleet stronghold today, so I'm pleased.

Hmm...having unlocked the pubside fleet stronghold (it looks pretty nice, bytheway, with lost of hooks!), it now won't let me unlock the impside stronghold "already owned" but I can only get into the pubside one! :eek:

Edited by Lord_Thorne

Yes, it took a little bit of poking around but it wasn't that hard to find.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes. The priority objectives on the Galactic Seasons screen were easy to find.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

While most of the objectives were rather well selected, it was confusing trying to figure out which ones gave credit and which ones did not. Unfortunately my conquest screen did not have any objectives pinned to the top so it was pretty hard to identify the right objectives. I really think that having a separate tab for Galactic Seasons objectives would be preferable.

As a subscriber I think that there are enough points available that people can play the game as they wish and the catch-up system means that people will not lose out on rewards just because they had a particularly busy week or month at work.

There really need to be more Galactic Season tokens available. I know you don't want people just snapping up all the rewards then being done with it but the vendor offers about 65 tokens worth of goods, many of which are season 1 exclusive and the reward track only offers a total of 12 for both Free and Sub tracks. That is only enough for me to get one Fleet Stronghold and two weapons or one missed sub companion. I feel like that if people are going to dedicate the time and effort to actually complete all 100 levels, they are going to expect that they can at least get all the season 1 exclusive rewards. I'm not sure what good a weekly rotation for a portion of the items would be if people can only choose 2 or 3 rewards from the list every 5 months.

With that being said, I really like the idea and basic structure of Galactic Seasons as it provides a set of desired rewards for both f2p and subs that does not affect gameplay in the slightest. While it may resemble some of the pay-to-win reward systems in other games, this is purely cosmetic fluff that provides assistance to players in the only true endgame of SWTOR (Space Barbie).

Yes. I found it as a drop-down option from the top bar.

Why is daily login rewards on the ad bar but not this? Shrink everything on the ad bar and put this there, too, otherwise it's even easier to get confused between login and seasons rewards.

Oh, and please stop the ad bar from resetting its position every now and then. Still happening.

No. I couldn't find any objectives. I could only click Unlock and then it wanted Cartel Coins. I couldn't preview items. No matter where I click, it just asks for Cartel Coins.

The top says "The Stranger From Kubundi" and 0/800 and just has a big black box. No picture, no explanation. Under that, just some rewards and the ability to buy them with Cartel Coins. Very confusing.

I couldn't find any special objectives. The Log has the usual set of Solo, Group, Conquest, etc content. Is this galactic seasons now part of conquest activities? It's very confusing. These giant windows have plenty of room for instructions -- why not add some? Maybe add an intro mission so an NPC can explain?

No clue. There's nothing in the GIANT (why so big?) seasons window that explains anything. Maybe veteran players and people who read the out-of-game instructions are comfortable here, but players shouldn't have to read dev posts before participating.

It's a massive, space-wasteful window that does little and explains nothing.

In addition, I feel like I only have about 7-8 hours a week to play. Why are you trying to schedule all that up? When can I do the things I want to do?

I loved that Conquest opened up a bunch of things I could do to participate. It made me feel like I could play any way I wanted and still get rewarded. Unless seasons has an equally diverse list (IE: decorating, crafting, etc), it's going to make me feel very constrained.

Edited by Xina_LA

Knowing that it was related to the login rewards, yes. Without knowing where to look, it probably would have taken some time.

I think? I found two stuck to the top of the list, but I have no indication of whether these are active, as well as which is daily/weekly. Since there are only two (of unknown daily or weekly) objectives, not sure where to find the other two of the four combined daily / weekly objectives.

Additionally, without knowing that "Starfighter: Conquer the Skies" is a conquest objective, I could have no idea what that is referring to or how to track progress, whether it is a mission (in log or something to pick up), conquest objective, or an achievement.

Rather bland, to be honest. Guessing that most of the dailies are the "Defeat Enemies 2" on the various planets, as well as the weeklies for the daily areas (not confusing at all :rak_03:) and that the weeklies are more group oriented. Weeklies are probably fine in the type of content, but dailies should be more than just farming enemies on x planet.

Would also like to see more variety in that selection, whether it be world or DvL bosses, something tied to the active event, x number of story quests (or quests in general) for the lowbies, bonus bosses in fps / ops, etc. Not sure how to differentiate between Galactic Seasons and a more focused Conquest, however.

Unable to comment as of yet, given my uncertainty regarding daily/weekly objectives and the point totals all showing 0, as commented elsewhere.

I'd rather have the default screen of the login/GS screen be of GS, as that will be the screen most often looked at, whereas the login rewards will be only 1 per day. Also, give it a keyboard shortcut! (also, just noticed that it shows underneath the player icon in the menu bar, good start)

Give the ability to preview the rewards. For instance, the Level 1 reward of Ornate Kubazian Box can't be previewed without unlocking the level, so I could have no clue what that entails (guessing the companion).

As elsewhere noted, separate the Priority Objectives for GS from the conquest window, as no conquest points from the GS PO objectives are rewarded. One option would be to shrink the rewards table height significantly and stash the POs in the top section of the GS window, as well as allowing for more than 6 levels per screen.

While the sun-looking icon could be useful in differentiating from the conquest objectives, I would like to see two variations of it, one for daily POs and one for weekly POs.

For the FTP track, there are several stretches of 5-8 levels where they have no rewards, including some 6-level stretch screens where its a blank slate. Please reconsider those stretches.

Regarding the amount of tokens, I am assuming that there are several items that will stay on the vendor across the seasons, like old login rewards, etc, and some are GS season specific. In my opinion, the amount of tokens rewarded for the full 100 levels should be enough for 120% of the GS-season specific rewards, allowing those players who complete the full track to get all of the season-specific rewards while also nabbing a reward or two that they missed previously.

Finally, stop calling everything Galactic ______! We've have Starfighters, Strongholds, Command, and now Seasons.

Just as a general note - most of my feedback has already been stated well enough in prior comments. One thing I wanted to bring up, however:

I'm not sure if this is intended for PTS or if it might be a bug from completing only one of my two daily "pinned" PO listings in the conquest screen, but I seem to have had the exact same "pinned" POs all week (or at least the last four days in a row since I started logging in). Each day it's been "PO: Hutt Space Neutralization" and "PO: War Efforts". I've only been completing "Hutt Space Neutralization" since it's quick and easy (Finish "Quesh: Defeat Enemies 2") and because no warzones have popped for me in order to progress the "Unranked: Victorious" conquest objective required for "PO: War Efforts" thus far. Pretty much the last few days I've effectively been limited to "PO: Hutt Space Neutralization" to get progress as far as dailies go - no randomization for me thus far as far as the "pinned" objectives which grant daily progress are concerned.

Did you scroll to the bottom? There are uprising and GSF items listed on the list. Just that for some reason atm those are not the ones that are popping up for some people to do on test center.

Have to double check, I went through all of the items and didn't see GSF. Maybe buggged for me. Glad to hear they are there, dysfunctional or otherwise!

My PO Weekly today was Black Hole. Completed the weekly, no advance in points, no indication that the weekly priority was done, but now it's unavailable for having been complete, and the daily is listed as finished, but I haven't started the daily yet (Balmorra kill fest).

Bugs for which there's a failure to reward invested effort is the quickest way for any feature to die.

All it takes is for people to see profound bugs like this in live, one time, and GS is no more. You can't rely on good faith on the players that things will get fixed. Not this time around. You've overlayed this feature on top of too many other things for that.

The rollout has to be smooth. Any "kinks" which fail to reward for time put in, dead feature. People will get the comp, maybe the stronghold, and after that, ignore that GS ever existed.

Edit:

I suspect the bug involves me having never completed the last weekly mission, which was Oricon's weekly, before being issued a new one (Black Hole). Despite having completed Black Hole, as that was today's pinned weekly, I'm not rewarded anything because the game's still waiting for me to complete the previously pinned weekly.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My PO Weekly today was Black Hole. Completed the weekly, no advance in points, no indication that the weekly priority was done, but now it's unavailable for having been complete, and the daily is listed as finished, but I haven't started the daily yet (Balmorra kill fest).

Err weeklies currently aren't pinned. And the Black Hole PO looks to be daily repeatable, so it is probably meant to be a daily PO and not a weekly PO. As such it showing you as having completed a daily PO sounds right.

Err weeklies currently aren't pinned. And the Black Hole PO looks to be daily repeatable, so it is probably meant to be a daily PO and not a weekly PO. As such it showing you as having completed a daily PO sounds right.

I won't be the last person confused about a weekly activity listed as a daily requirement.

Previously, the Oricon weekly was listed as weekly, I'm fairly sure, given that alongside that was a daily for the Rishi killfest, which I completed, and it counted toward the daily. If I'm also confused about that, then we really won't know till this goes live what we're looking at.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Not Necessary. Check some of the other ones labeled PO: Critical Missions and those are labeled:

(1) Yavin Weekly Mission

(2) Black Hole Weekly MIssion

(3) Makeb Weekly Mission

And those can only be done once a week per character.

Edited by casirabit

I won't be the last person confused about a weekly activity listed as a daily requirement.

Previously, the Oricon weekly was listed as weekly, I'm fairly sure, given that alongside that was a daily for the Rishi killfest, which I completed, and it counted toward the daily. If I'm also confused about that, then we really won't know till this goes live what we're looking at.

Depends on the mission from what I saw a lot of the Weeklies seem to be stated PO Critical and those are for the weekly so you are right that you can only do those once a week per character.

You are supposed to get two dailies and two weeklies. Currently everyone is getting two dailies and no weeklies. Or they are getting weeklies and they just aren't being pinned. Point is the two that are pinned at the top are dailies, not weeklies.

Not Necessary. Check some of the other ones labeled PO: Critical Missions and those are labeled:

(1) Yavin Weekly Mission

(2) Black Hole Weekly MIssion

(3) Makeb Weekly Mission

And those can only be done once a week per character.

I'm pretty sure those are still considered daily POs. You can only do them once a week on a character, but you can do them multiple times across your legacy (and POs are legacy wide) as the objective itself is daily repeatable. So you could get the same objective for Black Hole twice in one week and then have to use two different characters if you want to complete it both times.

There are some weekly missions that are weekly POs like Iokath, but not all POs for weeklies are weekly POs. Basically the short daily zone weeklies correspond to daily POs, but the long daily zone weeklies correspond weekly POs.