View Single Post

FlameYOL
05.08.2020 , 10:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
  • Were the Missions fun?
The missions were a bit repetitive but its fun, the razors' especially reminds me of swoop racing from KOTOR II. Having to avoid mines and get the power-ups was definitely nostalgic to me. The Beks were fun but I feel like I'm either playing it wrong by trying to be fast as well as blowing things up as for the pit screamers it was fun but other than the new cool animation there isn't much to say on that front.

• Were the Missions the right length (not too long, not too short)?
I think they're well balanced in terms of time, I think my biggest issue right now is I believe the timer for the bonus quests is too low.

[color=#f9d648]
  • Were the objectives for each Mission clear?
Yes.

• Which gang's Missions did you like the most? The least?
The razor's, it felt like KOTOR I and II. I've liked the Beks the least, trying to target the stuff to be blown up while also running at high speeds isn't very intuitive. Though the fireworks ability works well provided you're able to spot it in time.

• Did each gang's objectives make the course feel a little different?
Yes and no, the course overall feels the same but the way to go about it is more similar in the Razors and in the Screams IMO, though the latter is more of showing off properly while being fast while the former is completely focused on speed. The Beks are an interesting bunch but again I don't think the targeting system is intuitive to be used while also on high speed. Unless we are supposed to slow down when we're about to blow up something.

• Were you able to easily stay on the course?
For the most part yes though Dantooine could be confusing at times. Maybe it is just me but Tatooine and Onderon felt much more linear where as with Dantooine I was sometimes wondering if I was indeed heading into the right direction.

• Did you understand the bike abilities?
Yes, the tooltip is informative and it didn't took long to figure out what was what. Though if the NPCs could explain it to you beforehand I think it would helpful for new players.

• Did the speed of the bike feel good?
The speed could be higher in my opinion. I'll understand if it can't due to engine limitations but it is swoop racing after all, its not bad as it is but I do wish it was a little bit faster at times.

• What did you enjoy the most? What did you dislike?
I've enjoyed there is a variety of tracks and speeders to use, what I least enjoyed was the timers on the bonus missions. Either we get faster swoop bikes or those timers should be raiser. I believe the objectives could also be lowered a bit, at least the Bek's. Due to the speed, it is kind of hard to try and hit those barrels. The fireworks are fine since you only need to press a button but with the barrels you actually have to aim and you might not have time for that while running. Oh yeah, and the sandstorm on Tatooine, I'm not sure if the effects are missing to me but all I get is slowed down without any warning, there should be a way to avoid it or prepare for it... maybe use the speed boost right before it allowing you to travel through normal speed while the storm lasts?

Overall though its solid fun and I'm glad SWTOR is finally adding these types of mini-games, a shame it'll only be an event and not permanent 24/7 but oh well. I guess those tracks would be troublesome during the Nova Blades invasion of Dantooine.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything