Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

Deadbladey

Last time I'm posting in this thread, it disgusts me that people are so ignorant that they keep saying it's a L2P issue, even though people have already said they can't do it due to physical or visual issues. I don't know if these people are just plain ignorant, or trolling, and to be honest I don't know what's worse.

Some people are trying to make the game more accessible for everyone, but it seems we have a group of players who just want to ruin other peoples fun. If I've stepped over the line again JackieQ, I apologise, I tried to let it drop, but others haven't.

People with disabilities face enough discrimination in the real world, they don't need it here.

The game IS accessible for everyone. And it's not ignorant to say that it is a L2P issue in response to the OP, who said it was too hard. It is a fair comment. Your issue would maybe be better served in a new thread or in the suggestion box?

This thread has gone way off the rails, pardon the pun.

To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.

But they are doable. Like many others, I tried and tried, failed over and over again, and then one day I got it right - using my abilities, rolls, and learning how the missions work and when to react. And then completed all the bonus missions on them. 100% Republic, 100% Empire. I put effort in, and eventually it paid off.

It's a mixture of perseverance, practise, skill, timing and a dash of luck. There is little room for error, you have to be focused.

It's like arcade machines where there was always this one kid who always had his 3 initials at the top of the scoreboard. I don't think it's fair to say that because some people can't complete them it is therefore discriminatory... We're all good and bad at certain things. And accepting this is key to your enjoyment of the game and managing your frustrations with the game.

There are some achievements you're never going to get; either because they are time-limited, no longer available etc. and there are some achievements you're not going to get simply by virtue of being you; you don't do Ranked Warzones, you don't do NiM Operations. Or you're just not wired that way, your heart isn't in it. Rather than bemoan it, do your best, have fun and don't dwell on it!

Fun, right? That's why we play. :cool:

OP here

I have actually managed to complete some of them since I made this thread 8/12 now (Imp & Rep). Struggling with the last few cause I suck at dodging the meteors on those missions :)

OP here

I have actually managed to complete some of them since I made this thread 8/12 now (Imp & Rep). Struggling with the last few cause I suck at dodging the meteors on those missions :)

That’s awesome to hear,

I think the main issue for many players is the difference in difficulty when you go from grade 5 to grade 7 missions because there is no stepping stone in difficulty lvl (grade 6 obviously missing).

That and the need for specific gear to even survive the first 30 seconds. Which is fine as long as there is a faster or easier way for player to grind that gear and not pay millions on the GTN.

I’ve had 100% achievements for all the space missions up to grade 5 before the grade 7 missions were added. So it’s not like I’m not able to memorise the patterns or react at a certain speed. The issue I have with the grade 7 missions is there is a big gap in skill or a steep learning curve to go from grade 5 to 7. It’s not progressive at all and the every day player runs into a brick wall of despair pretty quickly.

I get they are heroic lvl, but unlike other heroics in the game, which are designed so people play them in groups, these can only be played solo. Which can put them out of the skill requirement of a vast majority of players and is not always a good idea to only target a small percentage of the player base. And I’m not saying that’s the case here cause I’m sure the intent was to refresh space pve and offer a harder experience that people could progress towards). But this wouldn’t be as big an issue as long as the reputation could be earned in lower grade missions.

And it's not ignorant to say that it is a L2P issue in response to the OP, who said it was too hard. It is a fair comment.

Wikipedia has an article on the "Curse Of Knowledge".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

It basically says that the curse consists of knowing too much to be able to imagine the lack of knowledge of lesser informed people.

Or, in short, L2P people are too good to even be able to imagine the problems of Newbies or of Casuals. They just can't.

These people are too good and know too much to be able to imagine what Newbies and Casuals see. They just can't.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Wikipedia has an article on the "Curse Of Knowledge".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

It basically says that the curse consists of knowing too much to be able to imagine the lack of knowledge of lesser informed people.

Or, in short, L2P people are too good to even be able to imagine the problems of Newbies or of Casuals. They just can't.

These people are too good and know too much to be able to imagine what Newbies and Casuals see. They just can't.

We were all new to it at some point. We learned. We got better. Hence lots do empathise, because we went through the same. If you want to divide people up like that, go ahead. But that's not helping anyone. And a Wiki quote doesn't really do much. Complex minds don't always see simple solutions.

Edited by farren_whyde

Is anyone else experiencing a weird situation where some of the space pve missions suddenly stop resetting on weekly basis?

See here for full description:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988555

If you are experiencing anything like this, pls post about it @ bug report forums.

Got a response to this via customer support.

"We identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We'll fix it in a future game update."

So if anyone else is suffering from this, your suffering might come to an end one day!

Those here who keep finding these too hard,

Lorta/Hypori and Far Cradle/Regnant are the easiest two/four of the lot.

Any of these are good place to start. Consensus is that Lorta/Hypori are the easiest. i personally found Far Cradle/Regnant quite a bit more forgiving though.

Edited by Stradlin

Got a response to this via customer support.

"We identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We'll fix it in a future game update."

So if anyone else is suffering from this, your suffering might come to an end one day!

Those here who keep finding these too hard,

Lorta/Hypori and Far Cradle/Regnant are the easiest two/four of the lot.

Any of these are good place to start. Consensus is that Lorta/Hypori are the easiest. i personally found Far Cradle/Regnant quite a bit more forgiving though.

Well basically they can all be easy. This is a rail shooter with no random elements, which means that you just need to find the right pattern and when you got that you will just ve repeating it over and over and you will be finishing the missions.

• 3 weeks later...

Patch Notes for tomorrow's update:

Added Reputation Rewards to the following Missions:

Operation Midnight Freedom

Operation Searing Light

Operation Noble Gambit

Operation Ardent Wave

Operation Glory Cyclone

Operation Sunder Zero

Operation Grand Nova

Operation Silent Roar

Operation Echo Quake

Operation Eternal Domain

Operation Molten Splinter

Operation Rising Fury

Operation Sweeping Menace

Operation Raging Dawn

Edited by Deadbladey

Question is how much. If its too much then the whiners win again.

Hmm, wondering what it is, exactly, they'll win? Will getting their rep up let them face roll players in PvP or GSF? Will it be enough to make up for the rep a lot of us lost when we didn't notice we weren't getting it?

Or, is this just something else to whine about? :rak_02:

Hi all - we really appreciate the discussion! I wanted to let you know we're going to take a look at Reputation rewards for Grade 5 and below missions for a future update.

That was on Jan 22. On Feb 16 it's going live. Impressive. Pleasantly surprised. I had faith, so I upgraded every component from level 5/6 to level 7. That, along with brushing up the skills a little bit, should see me going for max reputation. Achievements are not as hard core, so I maxed them a while back.

Edited by mike_carton

That was on Jan 22. On Feb 16 it's going live. Impressive. Pleasantly surprised. I had faith, so I upgraded every component from level 5/6 to level 7. That, along with brushing up the skills a little bit, should see me going for max reputation. Achievements are not as hard core, so I maxed them a while back.

Going to wait till CQ resets, then try them out myself, seeing as they've nerfed crafting, it's time to explore other options :)

Not sure why some people are hung up on other people getting achievements they feel they didn't earn.

There are quite a few people that got extremely difficult raidng achievements by doing nothing more than paying a progression raid group to do it for them while they ate a sandwich and watched tv. Doesn't bother me that they didn't "earn" their rewards in any other way than paying people off, whatever makes you happy. /shrug

Not sure why some people are hung up on other people getting achievements they feel they didn't earn.

There are quite a few people that got extremely difficult raidng achievements by doing nothing more than paying a progression raid group to do it for them while they ate a sandwich and watched tv. Doesn't bother me that they didn't "earn" their rewards in any other way than paying people off, whatever makes you happy. /shrug

The same as some people have open world pvp achievements done when all they did was get people to login on the other side and let themselves be killed. Where as all of my open world pvp achievements were earnt doing actual open world pvp. No short cuts.

The game has changed, evolved or devolved. It’s not the same game we were playing 9 years ago or even 2 years ago, let alone when these space missions were added.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The same as some people have open world pvp achievements done when all they did was get people to login on the other side and let themselves be killed. Where as all of my open world pvp achievements were earnt doing actual open world pvp. No short cuts.

The game has changed, evolved or devolved. It’s not the same game we were playing 9 years ago or even 2 years ago, let alone when these space missions were added.

You might have a point, if people didn't have to actually do the missions. Of course, I still don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like anyone's going to gain any advantage over anyone else if they finish out this Rep. I fly these missions every day, sometimes multiple times, for credits, and Comms. Some of the harder ones too, depending on my mood, and what else I want to do, and I remain unaffected by what Joe Casual may be able to accomplish.

I just hope that people actually get the rep, unlike what was going on after they changed how rep was handled.

You might have a point, if people didn't have to actually do the missions. Of course, I still don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like anyone's going to gain any advantage over anyone else if they finish out this Rep. I fly these missions every day, sometimes multiple times, for credits, and Comms. Some of the harder ones too, depending on my mood, and what else I want to do, and I remain unaffected by what Joe Casual may be able to accomplish.

I just hope that people actually get the rep, unlike what was going on after they changed how rep was handled.

Exactly, it’s not like it affects anyone else if they get these done.

The same could be said for uprisings which is going to be harder for master mode after tonight’s patch.

Does that mean all my master mode uprising achievements should be reset because I did them while easier than someone will be able to do them tomorrow?

Of course not because it doesn’t affect anyone else or how they play the game. I really don’t understand the whole mentality of restricting others from doing x y z because you had to do it when it was harder. Especially when Bioware are willing to also increase the difficulty on achievements and not reset those for people who did it when it was easier (and I’m not suggesting they should).

The game evolves and changes. Look how easy something’s are now compared to 9 years ago. I don’t begrudge people who get those achievements now when some are super easy compared to back then.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Exactly, you know you earnt your achievements on your own merit and should take pride in that.

There used to be a time when i'd marvel at some of the rare mounts and titles, but now with win trading, people buying raid runs from third party sites (especially for rewards that were for a limited period) or from the forums and whatever other means people have used to circumvent in game challenge I see a rare mount and go "meh". Doesn't bother me that they have it, it just no longer has any "wow nice!" impact on me.

Not that my opinion carries any weight in the slightest, nor the owner of said item should give a toss. Like you say, the game has evolved or devolved and certainly isn't the same game we started playing 9 years ago, it is what it is.

Exactly, it’s not like it affects anyone else if they get these done.

The same could be said for uprisings which is going to be harder for master mode after tonight’s patch.

Does that mean all my master mode uprising achievements should be reset because I did them while easier than someone will be able to do them tomorrow?

Of course not because it doesn’t affect anyone else or how they play the game. I really don’t understand the whole mentality of restricting others from doing x y z because you had to do it when it was harder. Especially when Bioware are willing to also increase the difficulty on achievements and not reset those for people who did it when it was easier (and I’m not suggesting they should).

The game evolves and changes. Look how easy something’s are now compared to 9 years ago. I don’t begrudge people who get those achievements now when some are super easy compared to back then.

Yep. On your last point, however, while some of that is done dev side, most of the reason we find things much easier now than previously is experience. To stay closer to the topic, in Nez Perron Sweep(sp), I used to be happy if I could get the first seven ships. As my comms increased, along with my ships gear, it became getting all the ships before the destroyer, then getting through the "spin cycle" w/out using an EMP, getting all the turrets on the destroyer, getting the second wave mission completed before I got through with the "chase wave" after the "spin cycle", then getting the Command Center on the way out. The same applies to progression raiding.

We learned how it works, and so are better able to handle it. While on Nar Shaddaa yesterday, a player was having problems with a class mission, and the advice was running to "you should have done the planetary missions before you got here". My questions? "How's your gear, what role are you playing, and what role is your comp set to". They set their comp to tank, and finished the mission on the first try...

Heh there are two things here, you are discussing difficulty, but its about the time spent. Based on what you are saying, why didnt the Devs make the old operations to be soloable, like wow? So everyone can get them done? Doesnt matter now, right? Game is changing, no one cares about the people who spent monhts to progress EC NiM, right?

Heh there are two things here, you are discussing difficulty, but its about the time spent. Based on what you are saying, why didnt the Devs make the old operations to be soloable, like wow? So everyone can get them done? Doesnt matter now, right? Game is changing, no one cares about the people who spent monhts to progress EC NiM, right?

As one of those, I really don't. However, since we're discussing SP PvE space missions, you're way off base, right? When did getting Rep in those missions ever require a group? Despite this, group content should remain as it is, this is an MMO.

As one of those, I really don't. However, since we're discussing SP PvE space missions, you're way off base, right? When did getting Rep in those missions ever require a group? Despite this, group content should remain as it is, this is an MMO.

Its about the principle now you defend one part too, just like people here defend that it shoudl stay that way, what ever the reason is. There are quite a few achievements that are time-consuming. Getting the rep from Space missions was one of them. They might as well make digging for treassures easier, it doesnt bother anyone who spent months on it, right? It was in the past, right? Game is changing...... its not about this is group stuff, this is not, its about the principle.

Its about the principle now you defend one part too, just like people here defend that it shoudl stay that way, what ever the reason is. There are quite a few achievements that are time-consuming. Getting the rep from Space missions was one of them. They might as well make digging for treassures easier, it doesnt bother anyone who spent months on it, right? It was in the past, right? Game is changing...... its not about this is group stuff, this is not, its about the principle.

Did they also remove the rep cap per week? I must have missed that in their announcements. The only thing that changes is that now more missions will award rep. As someone that doesn't particularly care one way or the other, why didn't the operations already give Rep? It should have been a thing from day 1. The only "principle" that I see is "but it's not fair"? To me, it's "I don't care". I don't care that it's easier to get Rep, and I don't care that someone thinks it's not fair. I'm not required to do either.

They are going to run into the same obstacles that I have: weekly caps on reputation. "But they can store the tokens for future reference"... You mean, the same way we all did for places like Section X? Where the end result is that you effectively lower the cap for the following week, by using up the rep tokens from the previous week, or, as I have done with Section X in particular, make running it moot because I had enough tokens to hit the cap w/out ever leaving my ship.

This is a change that has 0 impact on anyone except for the people that want to be busy bodying it up keeping tabs on what others are doing that they may not approve of.