2020 Greetings from Keith!

KeithKanneg

When is Alderaan coming out for real?

Was in Keith's post:

Game Update 6.1 – Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following previous patterns, I wonder if the Dxun NiM update will introduce a new tier of gear 🤔

I'd actually be fine with it coming out with 312 gear, only available in Dxun MM simply because it'd be fun to watch the Spammer Station addicts get mad that they can't get it.

I'd actually be fine with it coming out with 312 gear, only available in Dxun MM simply because it'd be fun to watch the Spammer Station addicts get mad that they can't get it.

Hahaha RAGE

We haven't seen any gold augments yet either. I bet they're coming at some point as well.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

That was definitely exceedingly sarcastic and salty and a great look from the person running the show. I can't believe so many people took that second post as a positive. It would be deserved if, you know, they actually did communicate more and he felt he needed to swat the noses of the little yappy dogs that he's constantly showering with information...but in reality we are all ravenous, hungry wolves in a pit that he tossed a single meatless, dry bone to and got mad at the ravenous, starving, salary-paying wolves who are hungry for actual information and communication.

I never thought something outside of getting bored with the game would push me this close to unsubbing. Unnecessary and petulant.

And...you get it. Nothing outside of a mass exodus is going to get BIoware/EA to pay attention. It would be my wish that everyone simply refuse to do the new content, be loud about how bad it is, and take their gaming dollars elsewhere.

Because nothing else is going to make an impact.

And...you get it. Nothing outside of a mass exodus is going to get BIoware/EA to pay attention. It would be my wish that everyone simply refuse to do the new content, be loud about how bad it is, and take their gaming dollars elsewhere.

Because nothing else is going to make an impact.

This will only happen if every player enjoyed & hated the same things about the game. We. Do. Not.

I play only for story content (not matter how bad, I'll still play it and sub for it), SHs, companion interaction via class stories and anything I can do solo. A lot of players on the forums are endgame-group-focused players (ranked PvP, Ops, hardmode FPs) which I have no interest in but see a lot of complaints about. Only BW have the actual data on who does what in-game and I'm pretty sure that they create and release content that reflects that. Occasionally if enough of us are suggesting the same thing or having the same problem and mention it on the forums they listen (but not often). I unsubbed recently and came back for 6.0. I've been enjoying the game so much I can't even remember what made me angry enough to unsub in the first place, so it will be a while before I take my gaming GBP elsewhere.

I, for one, would like to thank Keith and Charles for updating on us on what they can atm.

I love the story stuff - especially about VECTOR *dreamy sigh*

I find that there is more than enough in the game to do, I'm pleased with the direction the game is going atm, I'm excited for what's to come and I'm over the moon to know that swtor is planning on being around for years to come! <3

I have only two complaints: crafting is too expensive :p and where is Zenith? :p

Thanks again, Keith and Charles :)

I very much agree. Especially keen to see more of Vector, whose character arc I find myself appreciating even more after another light-side agent playthrough. He really is a multi-layered, subtle character with a moving story. Before my current agent playthrough, I was confused about how to reconcile

his general light-sidedness and preference for resolving things peacefully with the resolution of the Alderaan storyline where he favours House Cortess being forcibly Joined. At the time, he doesn't seem to see it could be wrong to do this. But as his story plays out subsequently, I noted that he reconnects with his humanity and finds a way to balance the various forces pulling him in different directions. When he's asked to Join someone against their will later on, he refrains from doing so on his own initiative, without having to be so ordered by the player.

Vector undergoes character development over the course of the agent story, while simultaneously having core values that don't substantially change; he just goes through a period of adjustment. During the time skip, he experiences a lot more change, and I'm very interested to see how his character continues to develop in whatever circumstances he finds himself now.

Definitely do want further crafting improvements and Zenith's return too, so I'm 100% on the same page as you here. :D

Edited by Estelindis

I have only two complaints: crafting is too expensive and where is Zenith?

)

QFE about Zenith, yep. Perplexing indeed. :confused:

And the problem with SWTOR's Crafting, imho, is the same problem it's had since 2011: It doesn't actually feel like crafting, since it's done by clicking-to-Crew-Companions, instead of a more personal process done by the PLAYER manually. (Heck, deconstructing feels more like "crafting" to me now.)

I have no problem with sending my Crew to 'gather' or 'mission' , but why not re-design Crafting a bit, to not only be more like say the old 'Matrix Shards' process & interface (for example) ? Or maybe like how it felt during Level 10 of Knight/Sage class story, when you "make" your 1st lightsaber? Or heck, forget SWG comparisons (since i know that irks people so much) but how about like how KOTOR crafting used to feel?!

The interface, ui , & code already exists in-game in those forms i mentioned ^ , as well as utilizing existing 'mod station' ui, so it wouldn't take as much work for the Devs as one might suspect. But it would, imo, go a longgggg way towards KEEPING crafters---not just GTN billionaires---subscribed for more than 1 month a time.

---

Indeed, that was Keith's first and second posts in just over 5 Months!!

Yeah something else must be going on behind the scenes, with EA or Disney or whomever, to apply some type of pressure on him or something. (cuz otherwise, why react with such a "salty" seemingly defensive type post? )

---

Don´t get me wrong - I love new story content. But lets be honest - this will keep me busy maybe for an hour.

Bingo. Therein ^ lies the other big problem SWTOR has had from the get-go: 'Story' only lasts so long, when it's created by the Devs (aka other people) . But a player's imagination never runs out of ideas or cravings. (hence why SH's + deco is often the main reason some players remain subscribed at all) .

This is why, regardless of whether or not SWTOR is technically a "theme park" game, there must be more PLAYER-DRIVEN "sandbox" type situations facilitated & encouraged. Otherwise, you (BioWare) will continue the maddening curse of catering to vocal minority power-gamers....who might stay subbed, to get "rich" with GTN and "powerful" with gear, but who are also NEVER satisfied. :(

And the problem with SWTOR's Crafting, imho, is the same problem it's had since 2011: It doesn't actually feel like crafting, since it's done by clicking-to-Crew-Companions, instead of a more personal process done by the PLAYER manually. (Heck, deconstructing feels more like "crafting" to me now.)

As a crafter, I'm gonna hard-disagree with this. One of the things I love about SWTOR crafting is the lack of what you'd seemingly love, how my companions can be using up their time rather than me as a player using up mine. I can play other aspects of the game, or log to another character, and my crafting is ticking over all the while. There's enough work that goes into REing new schematics, or making the reputation prerequisites for some schematics, and obtaining all the materials, without also being forced to wait for the crafting to be done without getting to do anything else. I would seriously hate it, and I'd bet you credits that the majority of other crafters would hate it too. If BW wanted to come up with some cool, actually fun mini-game to make some extra, new items, I wouldn't be averse to that, but they shouldn't take away the current methods we've had for years to make the items we've already earned. And, to be perfectly frank (and I'm sorry to say this), I do not trust them to do an even more fundamental reworking of crafting than they just did, because most of us find grade 11 to be a disaster... a disaster somewhat improved by the December update... but a disaster overall that still needs a lot of work. And that was less of a rework than what you're suggesting.

Yeah something else must be going on behind the scenes, with EA or Disney or whomever, to apply some type of pressure on him or something. (cuz otherwise, why react with such a "salty" seemingly defensive type post? )

I think reading anything "behind the scenes" into this is going down the rabbit hole. Personally, I didn't think the second post was salty. I thought it was funny. And, if I had to guess, maybe it's because we clamour for dev posts but then when we actually get them the reaction seems to be like >80% vitriol. And then we wonder why they don't post more. Honestly I find it hilarious. :) It's not to say there aren't plenty of things to improve - there absolutely are - but I'm sure the devs care about the game and are working hard at making it better.

Edited by Estelindis

As a crafter, I'm gonna hard-disagree with this. One of the things I love about SWTOR crafting is the lack of what you'd seemingly love, how my companions can be using up their time rather than me as a player using up mine. I can play other aspects of the game, or log to another character, and my crafting is ticking over all the while.

My suggestion wouldn't preclude you (or anyone) from still utilizing your companions crew to save "time" though. Crew missions would still exist. Crew crafting would still be possible.

What i'm proposing---and perhaps i didn't articulate it properly---is a better more personal OPTION (aka "mini game" with existing ui's and existing code) for people like me who actually want to feel the satisfaction of CREATING something in-game (in as much as a digital item created can give a human cyber satisfaction :cool: )

We'd be talking about an addition of a few real minutes (however long it takes the player to manually craft, as in the player's freedom to either rush thru the mini-game or immerse themself more meticulously) as opposed to any perceived addition of timed minutes (as in, the time it takes each individual crew companion to finish "crafting" , depending upon complexity of item + their influence rank) .

In SWG (bring on the haters) we had 'harvesters' machines that saved us time by collecting resources while we were offline or doing other things playing the game, etc. But we had to seek out the robust areas, so it became a fun more immersive mini-game of exploration situation.

In SWTOR, we have the OPTION to gather resources ourselves (planet by planet, node by node, hours upon hours) or by buying them from GTN (if lucky) or , as you & others seem to find so "fun" , by clicking a button for crew companion to become unavailable for X amount of time (offline or online) .

All i'm suggesting is: a 4th option for a more interactive crafting session (think 'Matrix Shards' ui + Mod Station ui, just as 1 example off top of my head , with maybe even some RL mind or twitch skills to garner an item with greater stats or more rare attribute, etc. )

It wouldn't interfere with your or anyone else's time, any more so than it does now when a crafter (or customer ) has to wait for the item timer to complete. But it would allow for an opt-in more immersive session.

Opt-in. As in the player gets to CHOOSE whether or not participate. Just like my player-bounties suggestion. :D

---

but I'm sure the devs care about the game and are working hard at making it better.

I certainly hope so. And just because longtime subscribers like me are "critical" sometimes, that doesn't mean we don't also agree with your statement.

All i'm suggesting is: a 4th option for a more interactive crafting session (think 'Matrix Shards' ui + Mod Station ui, just as 1 example off top of my head , with maybe even some RL mind or twitch skills to garner an item with greater stats or more rare attribute, etc. )

It wouldn't interfere with your or anyone else's time, any more so than it does now when a crafter (or customer ) has to wait for the item timer to complete. But it would allow for an opt-in more immersive session.

Opt-in. As in the player gets to CHOOSE whether or not participate. Just like my player-bounties suggestion. :D

Well I can't argue against an opt-in! :D I reckon it'd have to be a really good mini-game to make people want to spend time on it, though. The worse way to handle it would be to bribe people to play a not-so-great mini-game with higher rewards, which I think would lead to resentment.

Of course, an amount of such resentment seems inevitable in the game, no matter what. Some people will always only want to do the absolutely top "efficiency" activities, the ones that give top-tier rewards most quickly, even if they don't actually enjoy grinding that one activity over and over again... and then complain that there's only one route to the reward... even though there's actually lots... they just refuse to do any but the quickest. I don't know that anyone can "save" those people from themselves.

And I am sorry if I sound like a condescending jerk - I expect some would be offended by the implication that they need to be "saved" from themselves - but I just I fundamentally don't get why if there's more than one activity one can play to get the same reward (just that different activities grant the reward faster or slower) anyone would choose an activity they don't like over one they do.

I certainly hope so. And just because longtime subscribers like me are "critical" sometimes, that doesn't mean we don't also agree with your statement.

Of course! Everyone has the right to give their feedback, even if that feedback is all criticism, all the time. I just think that the devs will appreciate most the constructive kind of criticism that's high on specifics (which, to be fair, I think your crafting comments are, even if I don't fully agree with your view). Also, in my opinion, the most helpful criticism includes telling the devs what we like as well as what we don't (making a general comment here, rather than some passive-aggressive implication that you're not doing this).

Edited by Estelindis

Indeed, that was Keith's first and second posts in just over 5 Months!!

Not bad for a man whose introductory Lead Producer post promised he would be more communicative than his predecessor.

Promised to be more communicative: failed!

Promised to make Conquest more inclusive: failed!

Promised to make Conquest more rewarding: failed!

Delivered the single biggest fail in SWTOR's sadly long history of failures: Tier 11 Crafting.

And to top it off took everything that was wrong with the previous Gearing Up system, multiplied it by 5 and then called it an improvement.

Having delivered that failure he then refused to engage with the Player Base for Months!

This the "The Man" to whom the player-base looks to see that the game is charting a successful, sustainable, and -above all in a consumer service - enjoyable course. When things go wrong - and anyone who things Tier 11 Crafting isn't badly wrong is a fool - he MUST be out front, talking to us, and more importantly LISTENING to us.

And where has Keith been for 5 months? Burying he head in the sand playing the bits of the game he enjoys, and not giving a single damn about the rest of us!

IMO this is an image of a man who is woefully out of his depth.

Had I delivered even half as many fails of that magnitude in the 9 years I have held my current position I would be looking for a new job.

All The Best

Same song and dance on their part, but I have a little different perspective. I really think he had good intentions at the start, he seemed genuine etc. I just question how much power and influence these BW producers really have.

The game continues down the same broken and deserted path pushing more and more players off it after every large "update." The same problems occur year after year, regardless who the producers are.

As a crafter, I'm gonna hard-disagree with this. One of the things I love about SWTOR crafting is the lack of what you'd seemingly love, how my companions can be using up their time rather than me as a player using up mine. I can play other aspects of the game, or log to another character, and my crafting is ticking over all the while. There's enough work that goes into REing new schematics, or making the reputation prerequisites for some schematics, and obtaining all the materials, without also being forced to wait for the crafting to be done without getting to do anything else. I would seriously hate it, and I'd bet you credits that the majority of other crafters would hate it too. If BW wanted to come up with some cool, actually fun mini-game to make some extra, new items, I wouldn't be averse to that, but they shouldn't take away the current methods we've had for years to make the items we've already earned. And, to be perfectly frank (and I'm sorry to say this), I do not trust them to do an even more fundamental reworking of crafting than they just did, because most of us find grade 11 to be a disaster... a disaster somewhat improved by the December update... but a disaster overall that still needs a lot of work. And that was less of a rework than what you're suggesting.

I think reading anything "behind the scenes" into this is going down the rabbit hole. Personally, I didn't think the second post was salty. I thought it was funny. And, if I had to guess, maybe it's because we clamour for dev posts but then when we actually get them the reaction seems to be like >80% vitriol. And then we wonder why they don't post more. Honestly I find it hilarious. :) It's not to say there aren't plenty of things to improve - there absolutely are - but I'm sure the devs care about the game and are working hard at making it better.

/agreed.

My suggestion wouldn't preclude you (or anyone) from still utilizing your companions crew to save "time" though. Crew missions would still exist. Crew crafting would still be possible.

What i'm proposing---and perhaps i didn't articulate it properly---is a better more personal OPTION (aka "mini game" with existing ui's and existing code) for people like me who actually want to feel the satisfaction of CREATING something in-game (in as much as a digital item created can give a human cyber satisfaction :cool: )

We'd be talking about an addition of a few real minutes (however long it takes the player to manually craft, as in the player's freedom to either rush thru the mini-game or immerse themself more meticulously) as opposed to any perceived addition of timed minutes (as in, the time it takes each individual crew companion to finish "crafting" , depending upon complexity of item + their influence rank) .

In SWG (bring on the haters) we had 'harvesters' machines that saved us time by collecting resources while we were offline or doing other things playing the game, etc. But we had to seek out the robust areas, so it became a fun more immersive mini-game of exploration situation.

In SWTOR, we have the OPTION to gather resources ourselves (planet by planet, node by node, hours upon hours) or by buying them from GTN (if lucky) or , as you & others seem to find so "fun" , by clicking a button for crew companion to become unavailable for X amount of time (offline or online) .

---

I actually hated the time going from one planet to the other looking for great resources for my food and drinks for my crafting. I enjoyed the crafting part, just not the harvesting part.

umm HOTH = my favorite planet and i've been wanting a SH something there forever!

And yes i'm being serious....and yes that probably explains a lot about me, eh? :D

( *coughs* The Empire Strikes Back is still the best ever )

You're not the only one! I kind of wanted a SH on Hoth too. Somewhere near the graveyard of ships.

So in other words, we should un-sub after tomorrow and wait for an actual road map that aren't bug fixes and quality of life improvements? Kidding. :D

I really hope you have more to share in the very near future.

Honestly, we should be unsubbing until there are bug fixes. They should be the number one priority before anything else is added to the game.

Thanks for the updates guys.

I am very curious to know wich is the next planet we visit or return to in some outdoor content.

Not that i don't like Onderon and Mek-sha cause i love them (well except that heroic 4 in mek-sha and what's the deal with the world boss?). I am getting a bit bored of running them and would be great if you could update at least Ossus with some onslaught level rewards. I love Ossus. Lots of dailies and heroics. :)

But yeah, my point is that variety is the spice of life and i'd like to have some more options if possible while we wait for the juicy new content.

I would also love to see new warzones and Quesh Huttball to be redesigned. There are many issues with it on a technical level and a design level. Would be great if you could make some changes to it.

Anyways my sugestion for a new warzone is another one of the type of Odessen, wich 5 objectives and modifier, but in a more outdoor setting (Onderon? Ossus?)!

Just a final note of appreciation for you guys coming here in the forums to talk to us. It's important that you keep us in the loop and you are doing that.

I wish we had more communication about bugs (air vents *cough*cough*), but at least in relation to the future you are on top of things. Cannot wait to hear more!

Edited by Nemmar

I continue to play the game a lot as I believe it’s vitally important to have the same type of experiences as our players. This enables me to leverage what I learn which helps guide future changes with our game.

Hi,

When you play, have you tried the Shaggy hairstyle from the Cartel Market? Its severely bugged, it flops around in your face causing a large bald spot. It also has holes in it on the inside, so you see background area when looking in from certain angles, which means most every cut scene. Can you please get this fixed? Its easy to check, you can clearly see the hole issue during character creation.

Thanks very much for any help.

Have you tried the Shaggy hairstyle from the Cartel Market? Its severely bugged, it flops around in your face causing a large bald spot. It also has holes in it on the inside...

This is working as intended, it's in homage to the Grand Leader of the World, Lord Prince Master The Donald himself. For better understanding, see the Youtube video attached then you will understand.

Whatever it is, I think our best bet is to expect nothing much and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Hype is the mind-killer.

I think this is the right mindset.

Even if it's just an Onslaught level expansion, i will be happy (new content is always good). So, if it's a SWTOR2 i will be ecstatic. But indeed, let's try to control our expectations because it will lead to disappointment.

Expect more of the same and you will be pleasantly surprised or not disappointed.

Edited by Nemmar

I think this is the right mindset.

Even if it's just an Onslaught level expansion, i will be happy (new content is always good). So, if it's a SWTOR2 i will be ecstatic. But indeed, let's try to control our expectations because it will lead to disappointment.

Expect more of the same and you will be pleasantly surprised or not disappointed.

Hmm, it might some sort of Old Republic movie tie-in.... or some sort of KOTOR-remake tie-in.

Speculation is fun. I honestly don't know what you two are talking about. "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" is a more healthy mindset.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller