Why do people hate huttball?

lordgracy

Huttball is the best BG ive seen in a game yet. AMAZING job on that one BW. I love the teamwork needed to win. Some matches can get very intense when both sides know what they are doing. Sages are the most fun with our pull ability. I love pulling people that have the ball to a safe area or into the endzone.

Id like to see BW make different maps for huttball.

Edited by lordgracy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike Huttball but I actually think it would be more fun if it was almost round based where one team is offense trying to score the other is defense. This way theres a bit more strategy, currently it's pretty much a cluster **** until someone can use a gap closer or escape to distance themself and pass to the guy standing on the cat walk doing nothing but waiting.

It's probably more that instanced PvP is inevitably boring.

ORvR is where it is at!

That's a completely personal and biased opinion.

I for one, relish the fact that I don't have to spend an hour looking for someone that may or may not even be there to fight out in a huge zone.

Queue up, and go.

Love it.

i like the idea of the game, the execution i find lacking.

certain class abilities negate all of the environmental factors of the game, whether its the heat vents, the varied elevations of terrain, or the use of cc on varied terrains. The only thing more annoying then aoe knockbacks on the scaffolding are the fact that their meaningless if theres a sorcerer.

Well my biggest issue is that the enormous amount of stuns really shine in this game. When 5/8 players are sorcs and the second you get the ball you are in a instant series of chain stun of some sort the fun goes out the window.

2: Way too long

3: one more button for me to screw with.

Edited by Symptomatic

Well my biggest issue is that the enormous amount of stuns really shine in this game. When 5-8 players are sorcs and the second you get the ball you are in a instant series of chain stun of some sort the fun goes out the window.

2: Way to long

3: one more button for me to screw with.

Also I already have too many buttons to manage as a Jedi Sentinel.

Huttball is the best BG ive seen in a game yet. AMAZING job on that one BW. I love the teamwork needed to win. Some matches can get very intense when both sides know what they are doing. Sages are the most fun with our pull ability. I love pulling people that have the ball to a safe area or into the endzone.

Id like to see BW make different maps for huttball.

I love the concept, I just completely suck at it. there is just so much going on, I can never tell when I have the ball and I always get yelled at for standing there and attacking instead of moving or passing the ball.

I don't pvp much anyway, but I prefer alderaan or voidstar.

I like Huttball more than the other warzones, but I dislike having to play it the vast majority of the time. Even though I think Alderaan is the weakest warzone they came out with, I'm happier to get it nowadays because it's something different.

I love it. I think people on some servers must get it over and over again, due to the faction balance being off on their server, so maybe it gets old for them.

It used to be kind of confusing to me, but now that I am starting to recognize people or at least their guild tag, it's easier to know who to follow around with support and heals and who to ignore because they are just farming the damage meter and medals.

Edited by belialle

I used to hate it, but now I like it.

Once you figure out that passing is the key, it becomes much easier to win even in PuGs.

PuGs haven't learn to intercept passes well yet, they do it by accident mostly.

How do you intercept? As I understand it its a 50/50 chance if you are in the pass zone with another from the other faction? Are you talking about physically knocking them back so you are the only one in the pass zone(round circle on the ground where pass will land)?

I only hate Huttball when it's the only WZ I get in an evening, because most of the republic on my server is either hiding or just non-existent. It can also be awful if your team's comp ends up being awful and your opponent shows up with 4 warriors, 2 powertechs and 2 sorcs...meanwhile you've got a level 12 Sniper and a bunch of fresh 50's.

....cause its boring and 2.it seems to be the only thing in rotation on my server Kinrath spider..3. the side with the most sith inquisitor or jedi consolor win.

I don't understand why can't you queue for the scenerios you want to queue for?..

Edited by Roadblck

The whole "aoe circle" method of passing is just horrible with everything else going on. I would much prefer to be able to select a person and click to pass. Half the time you can't even see the circle with all the spell effects going off and if you are passing up you can't see it all no matter what. Edited by Saetun

I love the concept, I just completely suck at it. there is just so much going on, I can never tell when I have the ball and I always get yelled at for standing there and attacking instead of moving or passing the ball.

I don't pvp much anyway, but I prefer alderaan or voidstar.

If you zoom your camera back a bit youll see a huge beam going to the ceiling coming out of your character. That means you have the ball. And if you dont like having it make sure to keybind the pass ability so you can quickly pass it to someone. :-) Always look for the beam on the court and go to that area to assist defending or advancing to the goal.