Maintenance: 8 December 2015

TaitWatson

Hi everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on December 8th in order to apply Game Update 4.0.3. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: December 8th, 2015

TIME: 5AM - 9AM PST (1PM - 5PM GMT)

VERSION: 4.0.3

Patch Notes will be published on Monday, December 7th.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Tell me you took a look at thoses forums and they will be corrected in the coming patch :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=850851&highlight=bounty+hunter

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=849329

It really suck cuz of theses bugs i cant continue my bounty hunters storyline to do KotFE so please correct theses

Edited by KevinSaku

So again we get an update with 0 testing? I ask because I keep only seeing the basic threads in the Public Test forums, and I also can't download the Public Test Client.

On December 18th Episode 7 will release and there will be a bump in interest in all things Star Wars due to it, if you expect to be able to turn that interest into new subs then you need to act like you deserve them to be new subs. You need to be open and transparent with all Patch Notes about bug fixes, and post them as soon as possible. You used to post them early, and the only exception was exploit fixes. Considering you stated that they are going to be posted on Monday they must not include a exploit fix.

You also need to start opening up the testing servers again to let us the players test the bug fixes, again keep hush hush about the exploit fixes is fine with me, but I am sick and tired of you "fixing" things that are not broken, or are not as broken as you think they are and over fixing them, only to have to refix things in less than a week. Start opening up the Public Test Server for testing the content before it goes live. I don't care about the story content testing, keep that to a select few people who only get invited into it, that is fine with me. It's not fine with me however for you to not allow us customers to test the game system changes and find the problems before they get pushed to the live servers. I am not paying to Beta Test this game with my live characters, I am paying to enjoy this game. I'm not enjoying this game when you keep pushing these untested patches to the live servers.

My account is pre-paid for a few months, but I don't care what kind of rewards you are going to keep giving to me if you keep pushing this untested garbage onto my computer I am going to stop subscribing and go back to World of Warcraft and wait out the rest of the year till Legion drops, and I will never come back to this game.

Hopefully they are fixing Veeroa Denz and Choza Rabaat, both are Force using companions with force skill set who are getting tech power.

If I recall correctly it took around 3 years of bug reporting + Beta to get the opposite bug fixed with Sergeant Rusk (tech companion usinging Force power). I wouldn't hold your breath.

So again we get an update with 0 testing? I ask because I keep only seeing the basic threads in the Public Test forums, and I also can't download the Public Test Client.

Minor patches never went up on the PTS; the only exception being 3.2.1 I believe but that was because it contained a lot of class changes. Bugfixes are never put on PTS; it is just not worth the effort and they have their own internal testing which is much more reliable and cheaper than PTS.

Also, patch notes have been posted on Monday pretty much ever since Tait took office, so not sure where you got that notion from. But have fun in WoW, I don't blame you, SWTOR cannot compete with it and makes no effort to either.

Edited by Jerba

Really hope companions will have their own voices (imperial agent at least this is till an issue), hearing kaliyo on other companions is so jarring it makes it really unpleasant to play at times as i really hate her as a character

Any word on Refer-a-Friend? I'd really like my friends to be able to follow my link before my subscription expires.

I'd ask about the numerous romance problems too, but since that hasn't even been mentioned officially, I'm assuming it was just ignored again, probably in favor of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

Minor patches never went up on the PTS; the only exception being 3.2.1 I believe but that was because it contained a lot of class changes. Bugfixes are never put on PTS; it is just not worth the effort and they have their own internal testing which is much more reliable and cheaper than PTS.

Also, patch notes have been posted on Monday pretty much ever since Tait took office, so not sure where you got that notion from. But have fun in WoW, I don't blame you, SWTOR cannot compete with it and makes no effort to either.

I am guessing that you have not played since launch, because there was a time when every patch was tested on PTS. I have not been able to even get the PTS Client on my PC in a while. I have selected the option to add the Test Client installed but I don't have the option to switch to it anymore. Again I don't have a problem with the invite only testing for the story content, but all the game system fixes/changes should be open for everyone to test. As it stands now I feel like we're doing the testing that should be done on the test server with the live server.

Also I'm saying that waiting until Monday is a bad thing, and I remember seeing a few patch notes posted before Monday, and it seems like they are waiting until they are about to go home on Monday to post them at this point. I'm in agreement with the devs in regards to the data mining being something that should be kept off the forums, but I think that it would be less frequently done if the patches were up on the PTS for testing purposes with the test notes on the forums.

On December 18th Episode 7 will release and there will be a bump in interest in all things Star Wars due to it, if you expect to be able to turn that interest into new subs then you need to act like you deserve them to be new subs. You need to be open and transparent with all Patch Notes about bug fixes, and post them as soon as possible. You used to post them early, and the only exception was exploit fixes. Considering you stated that they are going to be posted on Monday they must not include a exploit fix.

You also need to start opening up the testing servers again to let us the players test the bug fixes, again keep hush hush about the exploit fixes is fine with me, but I am sick and tired of you "fixing" things that are not broken, or are not as broken as you think they are and over fixing them, only to have to refix things in less than a week. Start opening up the Public Test Server for testing the content before it goes live. I don't care about the story content testing, keep that to a select few people who only get invited into it, that is fine with me. It's not fine with me however for you to not allow us customers to test the game system changes and find the problems before they get pushed to the live servers. I am not paying to Beta Test this game with my live characters, I am paying to enjoy this game. I'm not enjoying this game when you keep pushing these untested patches to the live servers.

My account is pre-paid for a few months, but I don't care what kind of rewards you are going to keep giving to me if you keep pushing this untested garbage onto my computer I am going to stop subscribing and go back to World of Warcraft and wait out the rest of the year till Legion drops, and I will never come back to this game.

After MMORPGing since 1999 I can tell you this. When stuff likes this happens it is a company in panic mode.

In Q3 2015 the CFO of EA threw down a guantlet. He said that SoR attracted many new players and that they expected even MORE with the new movie. They launched to the companion debacle. This made them loose existing players. Now they are all a tizzy. Why? because who cares if you and X new players if you lost Y because of the debacle of a launch?

So they do what a submariner would do.... run silent, run deep and pray that you can do whatever to minimize the damage of a botched expac concept compounded by a botched launched.

By botched expac concept I mean this. You need to CHOOSE what kind of a game you are going to make. FPS? MMORPG? SP RPG? It doesn't matter they all have a market out there and tbh I have liked them all when done well. Thing is once SWTOR knew what it was... over the last year it has however become a case of split personality disorder.

So they have a SP player focused expac (which most would see as "casual" but where the pinacle of solo play H2 SF is anything but that for many. They also say that new OPS and FPs are coming.... who that plays an MMORPG will be here when that finally happens?

The lack of direction is downright disturbing and so little info or testing for playing input, otherwise they might have to answer questions.

Edited by Ghisallo

Hi everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on December 8th in order to apply Game Update 4.0.3. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: December 8th, 2015

TIME: 5AM - 9AM PST (1PM - 5PM GMT)

VERSION: 4.0.3

Patch Notes will be published on Monday, December 7th.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Where dem ptach noets? :rak_03:

I would like to know if this:

I really hope the romance bugs are going to be fixed. *crosses fingers and toes*

Posted by Loredalso:

Any word on Refer-a-Friend? I'd really like my friends to be able to follow my link before my subscription expires.

I'd ask about the numerous romance problems too, but since that hasn't even been mentioned officially, I'm assuming it was just ignored again, probably in favor of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

Iresso Romance Not Acknowledged

Is going to get any sort of acknowledgement/attention/mention in the patch notes?