Hood down option

Nasagi

Dunno how relevant this might be, but I really wish there was an option to put the hood down manually without having to wear some ridiculous looking hat. Also dont know if this is the right channel for it, but I feel it should be addressed somehow :(

The correct forum for this would be the Suggestion Box.

There is a strong possibility that we will get that option some time next year as part of the upcoming technical and UI improvements for the yearlong anniversary celebration. Charles Boyd, the Creative Director for the game, hinted at something like this during the last livestream for the upcoming expansion.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The correct forum for this would be the Suggestion Box.

There is a strong possibility that we will get that option some time next year as part of the upcoming technical and UI improvements for the yearlong anniversary celebration. Charles Boyd, the Creative Director for the game, hinted at something like this during the last livestream for the upcoming expansion.

Thanks so much for all the info!

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

Notice Charles Boyd saying that they will have "stuff happening under the hood" together with his coy smile and beard stroke.

This is no confirmation, of course, but considering that a hood down option is one of the most requested tech modernization items for the game, I think it is safe to say that this is exactly what he meant while avoiding anything concrete.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Notice Charles Boyd saying that they will have "stuff happening under the hood" together with his coy smile and beard stroke.

This is no confirmation, of course, but considering that a hood down option is one of the most requested tech modernization items for the game, I think it is safe to say that this is exactly what he meant while avoiding anything concrete.

It's been asked for since the launch of the game so maybe?

On another note the "under the hood" thing they were referring to was more tweaks to optimize the games engine so a lot of current issues including lag are reduced. The engine itself is in very bad shape considering how it was rushed under "beta" [if you want to call it that] release (not the game itself but the engine was NOT ready) when the game launched. lol

I guess you could say the first few years were still alpha stages and at this point we are at beta and will always stay like that until the game closes. At this point I would hope they find a lot more spots that have players getting "stuck" often and fix it. If 7.0 keep me from still not being able to keep both barrier and force pull/rescue i will only keep barrier and looks like i wont be helping the noobs on Tython anymore when they do get stuck lol.

Sorry for carrying on. Let's wish for better QoL stuff either way. I'm sure more will come if the optimizations work better then they did in the past.

I agree with this request every time I see it. We know it's there, since there are races that can't wear them. Just give us a checkbox that allows us to act like our character is a Togruta, Kuubaz, Trandoshan, etc. Call it "Hood Down" if you like, but the tech is already there.

I agree with this request every time I see it. We know it's there, since there are races that can't wear them. Just give us a checkbox that allows us to act like our character is a Togruta, Kuubaz, Trandoshan, etc. Call it "Hood Down" if you like, but the tech is already there.

"Hood Down" would be a bad name, since it would almost certainly just *hide* the hood, just as the current set of helmets and species do. (In no case do you see a visible "downed" hood for up-hood gear and those species / helmets.)

It should be called "Hide Hood".

I would be totally fine if every cloak with a hood, had a hood up and hood down version. There are some out there now, that I use. I have both sets in appearance tab, depending if I want hood up or hood down.

I want a hood down version of my tribal robes set, but that set is one of the ones we lost when lost CxP boxes and went boring renown boxes.

I really hope this is the case, but after waiting years for the weapons designer they had talked about, I really don't have much optimism. I think Bioware should start giving out some tidbits about non-combat features to start building interest in the expansion. Right now the only thing interesting I've heard about is the Remnant gear being unlockable in collections.