Some Advice For PvP Please

Altaire

guess i play the good role for once.. you came here looking for help.. gonna tell you what not being told..

for starters before going any further.. learn to key bind and move with mouse.. in regs you can get away with it to some degree.. but in rank you gonna die fast and your team.. this is reason for key binding.. you need to be looking at the screen at all times checking your team health..

it is hard to stare at your skill bar, mouse clicking and watching the screen.. healing in rank is situational awareness at all times.. moving with the mouse let you kite away when pesky dps is on your tail.. first solve this problem before you decide to fix anything else.. this is resulting in about 60% of you under healing..

next is priority healing.. your tank and melee you want to keep them healed.. tank is keeping the damage off of you.. mercs, sorcs, and snipers.. if these 30 meter range classes is within 10 meter range.. let them fend for themselves.. there is no reason for range dps to be in that close.. when they have means to escape.. it sound harsh, but it's the truth..

next is your dcd's.. if you got a melee class chasing you 24/7.. hit him with electro net or use your 8 second instant cast mezz.. if you get crowded use your aoe knockback.. if all that fails use your rocket out.. that should get you out of range to regroup.. also use your shield and chafe.. take your talents that you need for those skills..

your most important cd is your reflect.. the biggest mistake i seen in rank.. mercs popping there reflect shield right after they get stun or mezz the 1st time.. then they get white bar and globaled.. save your reflect shield when you get white bar and your cc breaker is on cooldown.. no merc should ever get globaled dps or healer.. your heal to full dcd pop that if you is low on cells or your med pack on cooldown and you is under attack ..

also want to throw in a good healer will also know when to cleanse.. sometimes using a gcd to cleanse your dps can decide life or death.. because being stunned and focus fire.. you wont be able to out heal the damage if they are good dps.. that cleanse could be the way a mara for example can force camo and get away..

lastly never play the numbers game in reg warzones.. alot of healers just go in to fluff numbers.. especially if they have alot of tanks and heals.. if your team is killing them fast enough where they don't need healing.. that will also affect your total hps.. i know healers that will stand in the acid in hutt ball middle and just spam aoe heals to fluff big hps numbers..

this the basics you should learn.. they have more than this and i could type forever.. alot of it you will get through trial and error.. also they have good guides and videos you can refer to.. but don't expect to play like them.. everybody have different play styles.. get a style that work for you by using there style as a reference..

So. do you play a mando healer.

Do you do more than 6mil heals.

If so, lets see the footage.

Question: Do you play a republic class, if so which?

actually my wifey is the healer. she can throw down with the best of them in regs or rank. i'm your herp derp run of the mill dps. i suck at healing, no patience. i just watch her when she playing and listening to her. she was the one that wrote all the info for you.

i don't have the attention span or patience to think that far ahead. women can't live with or without them. haha

Edited by Xertasian

actually my wifey is the healer. she can throw down with the best of them in regs or rank. i'm your herp derp run of the mill dps. i suck at healing, no patience. i just watch her when she playing and listening to her. she was the one that wrote all the info for you.

i don't have the attention span or patience to think that far ahead. women can't live with or without them. haha

hats off to the women - they like to think they keep our species going but can they pump 10 mil heals in a warzone in cover of a mando healer.....i just dont see it. Yes they can birth the continuation of our lineage....but 10 mil heals.....ya avin a roman luv

hats off to the women - they like to think they keep our species going but can they pump 10 mil heals in a warzone in cover of a mando healer.....i just dont see it. Yes they can birth the continuation of our lineage....but 10 mil heals.....ya avin a roman luv

Just re-read that - was tongue in cheek btw - didnt mean for it to come across as sexist as it reads ! Imagine it said in a Jason Statham / Guy Ritchie tone!.....coz that could be less.........sexist.....................maybe :S

In that case - make a mando healer and screenshot for me, you doing 10mil heals. Nuff said.

Edit:

Ive spent the last 8 weeks trying to get my gaming community to jump on to SWTOR and to be fair the most have for the PvE part. They have all paid subs and they have all dived in as i begged them. They are all experienced pvp-er's / mmo players (having originated either from DAoC or EQ2).

Unfortunately - the general consensus is this games pvp is fkd - not even remotely fkd but totally and utterly fkd. This totally based on warzone experience and god forbid the total anal annihilation that is "ranked pvp"....

PVP Tier Balancing:

Tier1 - Hello i know how to hold a pencil

Tier 2 - Hello EA knows how to hold a pencil and draw a pvp dragon donkey

Tier 3 - Hi i play ranked and sneeze and the server dies if i play in a warzone....oh and your pvp dragon donkey dies also....whilst i stand over it corpse and gloat via emotes

Tier 4 - Omg i can warp all over the warzone and blame it on server sync balance eventhough everyone but my own team acknowledges I am a hacker providing i win (filmed that ****)

Fyi - I hacked the server and found the algorithm for pvp matching:...

EA + European Football Superleague Equation =

:Tier 1 meets Tier 300.

=+-Tier Numpty7 meets Elevnty4

-=+Tier Wassma-name meets Hi im Jim

+-= Tier RankedmeetsToxisbunchopriks

So yeah. Im done. F**k this game and f**k EA. PvP is horrendous - theres zero incentive or balance.

Bring back expertise or w/e the fk it was called.

Dont get me wrong its not unplayable but when i watch 1 PT or Sorc stub their toe and see 6 raid members die from the toenail fallout (hashtag_toenaildeathisrealyo)..

well ... game_isfkdyo

And as much as i hate to say it - anyone that poo-poos my post.......clearly plays a sorc or a PT :D

Peace out Swtor Forum. Genuinely appreciated the people who tried to balance the unbalanceable!

PS - did i mention: GFY EA

And yes. The wine has been consumed.

/thumbs

No offense, but it just seems like you don't really know how to play the game well yet. Like I said, mando and merc are mirror classes. The only major "advantage" you could argue is now that that stances are gone and they don't have a huge lazer beam on their heal skill screaming "I'm a healer!" like the mando does.

If you're not having fun then so be it, but as it stands keep practicing and go buy the healing training dummy for your stronghold and practice on it. Or don't put the effort in to get better and quit, I don't care either way honestly.

Edit:

Also, I just re-looked at your screenshot. Your team was absolutely slaughtering them doing way more damage......No crap their healer is gonna pump out more heals than you.

Edited by Raansu

You don't realize how ridiculous you're being here. You've played the game a few weeks and based on purely anecdotal evidence, you're convinced there's a difference between merc and mando heals, even though those of us that have been playing the game for years are telling you they are exact mirrors. Grow up please.

You don't realize how ridiculous you're being here. You've played the game a few weeks and based on purely anecdotal evidence, you're convinced there's a difference between merc and mando heals, even though those of us that have been playing the game for years are telling you they are exact mirrors. Grow up please.

I apologise if you think its being ridiculous to post for advice. However, i havent just played the game for a few weeks. Ive played on and off since launch.

I have said myself that mercs are the imp version of commando. This is the basis for my posting here and now subsequently speaking with the feedback team.

My posts last night were influenced by 2 bottles of red wine and playing a sorc doing insane damage without really trying much. Thats never been the case for me on my mando.

My experiences have been baeed on star parse experiments and speaking with other players in game.

One thing i will hastly add is that pvp isnt rocket science, yes its skillfull and takes time to master but warzone is entry level. I think i have said in previous posts ive pvp-ed in MMOs for over 22 years now so please dont speak to me as if im an idiot.

My statements of 'show me a mando do 10m" may sound flippant however i am genuinely asking. Ive been pvping for upto 10hours a day since coming back to game properly and ive never seen one do over 6m. All the suggestions of keybinding may account for a few heals here and there but not a 4-5mil gap. Especially when using chanelled spells.

All of the above therefore is not anecdotal evidence and actual personal experience and research. I will ignore your "grow up" as less than constructive.

In the meantime as i so elquently put last night whilst intoxicated (/facepalm) , i wont be bothering anymore with pvp as i do now firmly believe its in a sad state overall. Thats my view based on my experience in the game and 22 years of other games.

/tips hat

//apologies for the drunkard posting!

My statements of 'show me a mando do 10m" may sound flippant however i am genuinely asking. Ive been pvping for upto 10hours a day since coming back to game properly and ive never seen one do over 6m. All the suggestions of keybinding may account for a few heals here and there but not a 4-5mil gap. Especially when using chanelled spells.

All of the above therefore is not anecdotal evidence and actual personal experience and research. I will ignore your "grow up" as less than constructive.

It's the only constructive thing to say. You think that somehow you've discovered some dirty secret about the game? That you alone found out that mercs can output more heals than mandos? And you're clinging to this conspiracy even though we've all told you the facts, just because you can't accept not being good. Your 22 year experience has nothing to do with you being wrong about this lol.

By the way, "personal experience and research" is literally anecdotal evidence.

It's the only constructive thing to say. You think that somehow you've discovered some dirty secret about the game? That you alone found out that mercs can output more heals than mandos? And you're clinging to this conspiracy even though we've all told you the facts, just because you can't accept not being good. Your 22 year experience has nothing to do with you being wrong about this lol.

By the way, "personal experience and research" is literally anecdotal evidence.

Not to prove a point but....

anecdotal

/ˌanɪkˈdəʊtl/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

My facts/research: speaking with other players, comparing star parse experiments, countless hours reading guides, watching videos, posting in the pvp forum for advice, playing the class in warzones, asking other mandos on their experience of pvp

Your post is....confusing at best talking about me discovering some consipracy or whatever lol. Literally have no idea what you are on about and i dont think you do either - come across very trollish, not sure if thats your angle/intention.

I came asking for advice and support based on what i was seeing as fact at the end of warzones.

My 22 years of pvp experience is actually quite poignant as it gives a base of comparison, reference and reflection as opposed to someone that has maybe only played 1 game for a couple years.

Anyway thankyou for your inputs and im going to follow some advice given to me years ago: "never get in to an argument with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"

You are clearly far more experienced than i....

Have fun! ;)

Not to prove a point but....

anecdotal

/ˌanɪkˈdəʊtl/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

My facts/research: speaking with other players, comparing star parse experiments, countless hours reading guides, watching videos, posting in the pvp forum for advice, playing the class in warzones, asking other mandos on their experience of pvp

Your post is....confusing at best talking about me discovering some consipracy or whatever lol. Literally have no idea what you are on about and i dont think you do either - come across very trollish, not sure if thats your angle/intention.

I came asking for advice and support based on what i was seeing as fact at the end of warzones.

My 22 years of pvp experience is actually quite poignant as it gives a base of comparison, reference and reflection as opposed to someone that has maybe only played 1 game for a couple years.

Anyway thankyou for your inputs and im going to follow some advice given to me years ago: "never get in to an argument with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"

You are clearly far more experienced than i....

Have fun! ;)

You're doing an awfully good impression of an anti-vaxxer who "did their research" and came to the completely wrong conclusion.

In that case - make a mando healer and screenshot for me, you doing 10mil heals. Nuff said.

And for the person who posted these things to call anyone else an idiot is...simply incredible lmao.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Your post is....confusing at best talking about me discovering some consipracy or whatever lol. Literally have no idea what you are on about and i dont think you do either - come across very trollish

The only troll here is you. Merc and Mando are mirror classes. They function and perform exactly the same. This is an undisputable fact.

One thing i will hastly add is that pvp isnt rocket science, yes its skillfull and takes time to master but warzone is entry level. I think i have said in previous posts ive pvp-ed in MMOs for over 22 years now so please dont speak to me as if im an idiot.

you're right, pvp is not rocket science, in fact there is nothing even remotely complicated about any of it. so why are you still not able to figure it out? especially after playing MMOs for 22 years and according to the following paragraph; pvping for 10 hours a day.

exactly, everyone has already told you exactly how to improve and despite this you probably haven't actually acted on any of it. how in the flying **** could you possibly have played MMOs for 22 *********** years and never learned to keybind? it's literally unfathomable, i have been playing MMOs for about 20 years (since i was about 9) and i remember figuring out that i needed to keybind things when i was around 11. if you've been playing MMOs for 22 years and you still do not keybind, then you've simply never played a game competitively before and despite sinking 22 years into MMOs you never learned to play one properly. that isn't an issue with ANY game, that's a personally limiting factor.

In the meantime as i so elquently put last night whilst intoxicated (/facepalm) , i wont be bothering anymore with pvp as i do now firmly believe its in a sad state overall. Thats my view based on my experience in the game and 22 years of other games.

this is nothing but an excuse, there is nothing wrong with the state of pvp in swtor, at least not mechanically speaking; the only difference between commando and mercenary are the animations. the reason you're quitting is because you suck and you refuse to improve. to which i proclaim, good *********** riddance, honestly it's a real bore to have free kills running around that are incapable of fighting back and have no hope of ever improving either.

happy trails, i wonder if i'll see you on some forum in 20 years screeching about pvp being terrible despite the fact that you still can't keybind even after 42 years of playing MMOs.

you're right, pvp is not rocket science, in fact there is nothing even remotely complicated about any of it. so why are you still not able to figure it out? especially after playing MMOs for 22 years and according to the following paragraph; pvping for 10 hours a day.

Who said im not figuring it out? I have already said countless times in this thread that 95% of the time i finish top for my team by quite a margin. I have presented a concern from what i see daily and in actual fact i want a mando to come here and post a screen shot of them doing 10mil heals so i can then chat either on discord or in game to thrash out the minutiae in order for me to hit the 10mil mark on a regular basis. A lot of the advice posts thus far are situational - ie GCD's, positioning etc. The advice given which i havent tried, i have even posted and said ive taken it on board.... An ideal would be for an accomplished mando healer to post but they seem in short supply - why is that? Merc healers seem to be in nearly every match i play but the same cant be said for mando's. This is fact.

exactly, everyone has already told you exactly how to improve and despite this you probably haven't actually acted on any of it. how in the flying **** could you possibly have played MMOs for 22 *********** years and never learned to keybind? it's literally unfathomable, i have been playing MMOs for about 20 years (since i was about 9) and i remember figuring out that i needed to keybind things when i was around 11. if you've been playing MMOs for 22 years and you still do not keybind, then you've simply never played a game competitively before and despite sinking 22 years into MMOs you never learned to play one properly. that isn't an issue with ANY game, that's a personally limiting factor.

As above - and if you read the thread you will have seen i use keybinds on my sawbones healer - because its mainly insta casts which keybinds help with. Your whole little rant here is a moot point. Yes keybinds are a significant advantage to pvp but when most of my heals are casts / channelled, with or without keybind doesnt really make much difference coz i cant cast anything whilst im waiting for one to complete. The only insta which would help is kolto bomb or procs but then im already about to double click it whilst the previous cast is going..

this is nothing but an excuse, there is nothing wrong with the state of pvp in swtor, at least not mechanically speaking; the only difference between commando and mercenary are the animations. the reason you're quitting is because you suck and you refuse to improve. to which i proclaim, good *********** riddance, honestly it's a real bore to have free kills running around that are incapable of fighting back and have no hope of ever improving either.

The actual nature of this thread is totally the opposite of what you are suggesting here. Im quitting because i "suck and refuse to improve"???.....im genuinely amazed at this comment. As above and the entire thread. Are you able to read and process words presented?

happy trails, i wonder if i'll see you on some forum in 20 years screeching about pvp being terrible despite the fact that you still can't keybind even after 42 years of playing MMOs.

Hopefully arthritis will have set in for me by then as i will be over 60 and i wont have to suffer "experienced" people making inflaming basless posts. Once more where are you getting this concept i cant keybind?! Read....and.....process....the......words.....

Did someone leave the gate open at the "experienced" farm again???

Anyway, as this thread is pretty much derailed now im going to stop posting as its not constructive.

Genuine thanks to everyone that took the time to post: help/advice/suggestions - i honestly do appreciate your time and i did take all points on board hence starparse and posting a video.

And once more apologies for my drunkard rambling posts!

Be safe out there and may the force be with you ;)

You're pretty off-base with your assumptions here and I think a part of the problem is you're vastly underestimating how dead of a game you play. The reason no great merc healers have jumped out of the woodwork on this is because the number of great players that can actually stomach the nonsense that goes on on the forums is in the single digits, across all classes and roles. I'm passable at healing and ranked healing (merc/mando and sorc/sage) myself though so I'll give you the advice I can if you care to read it.

Number 1: fix your gear. stop running high endurance mods. all of your armorings should be superior versatile armoring 80, all your mods should be superior lethal mod 80 or the r1 r2 r3 or r5 variant of the same, and all your enhancements should be either nimble or adept. running high endurance literally plummets your healing output. having higher health doesn't save you, replenishing it faster does. also, calibrate all your amplifiers to 1.0% Medtech. It's a straight 10% increase to your healing output. A lot of regs players consider these superfluous but they really are not. They make an enormous difference. You should be running the concentrated fire set bonus with the SC-7 treatment scanner tactical. There is no flexibility with regard to these.

Number 2: stop looking at cumulative healing, it's meaningless. The metric by which to judge your healing is hps. More total healing just means a longer match. I can show you 10M total healing at 5k hps, which is terrible and pretty much automatically game-losing healing output. Also, the class is not the issue. I can show you 20k hps on merc/mando healer, and I'm not even a good one.

Number 3: Stop wasting globals. I watched your video, and one of the notable things I picked up was you clicking emergency scan while it was on cooldown for like 5 seconds straight. You don't realize how valuable time is in this game. That's 3 other heals you could've gotten off and still used the one you were clicking off cooldown. Also, keybind your heals and your frames and the ability to target friendly players. Speed isn't some negligible difference, it's literally what separates a 9k healer (below average) from a 14k healer (above average). Dragging the mouse is your enemy in that pursuit. Also, your reaction time will increase with practice and you'll stop thinking about which abilities to use as it becomes natural.

Number 4: Place your AOEs. Merc healer's aoe is not like sorc's where people can run into it. If you miss the green circle, you lose it. Hit as many targets as you can while still getting it off quickly. The cooldown isn't long enough to think about this one super hard, but hitting an extra target or two with every AOE is a huge HPS gain.

Number 4: Make sure you use the correct priority system, that being:

0. Supercharged Gas (just hit it off CD, it's not on the GCD)

1. Refresh Kolto Shells as they fall off (0 stacks), but never earlier

2. Progressive Scan

3. Kolto Missile

4. Emergency Scan

5. Healing Scan (if you have supercharged gas you can spam this)

6. Rapid Scan and Kolto Shot (alternate them for heat management)

That's all I can think of at the moment in terms of bumping up your healing output, just practice putting those pieces together and getting faster in regs, then once you start hitting 15-16k regularly you'll be ready to prep for ranked (which is a whole nother essay waiting to happen.)

Also your comment about sorcs and PTs is pretty facetious. These are glass cannon classes, but every class has a spec (or more than one) that can break 12k dps with relative ease, that being at least 3 times what your average regs dps puts out. I can show you screenshots of this too if you need, I made it a project at one point. Dps in regs is a skill differential almost exclusively.

Edited by cflems

I watched your video

I didn't even know he posted o.....omg he's a statue that doesn't keybind.

Dude....how can someone claim to play mmo's for 22 years and not know how to LOS or even the most basic thing like keybinding.

Edited by Raansu

Who said im not figuring it out? I have already said countless times in this thread that 95% of the time i finish top for my team by quite a margin. I have presented a concern from what i see daily and in actual fact i want a mando to come here and post a screen shot of them doing 10mil heals so i can then chat either on discord or in game to thrash out the minutiae in order for me to hit the 10mil mark on a regular basis.

you haven't figured out anything, you're making excuses to not keybind which will always be multitudes more efficient than clicking no matter the class, spec, or skills being used. if you want to be effective, you have to keybind - period. the only way you could do top heals is if you're the only healer in the match, or if the healer(s) you're competing against are just as bad if not worse than you are. which i have no doubt does happen often, it has no bearing on what you would need to do to improve.

A lot of the advice posts thus far are situational - ie GCD's, positioning etc. The advice given which i havent tried, i have even posted and said ive taken it on board.... An ideal would be for an accomplished mando healer to post but they seem in short supply - why is that? Merc healers seem to be in nearly every match i play but the same cant be said for mando's. This is fact.

good, while we're speaking of FACTS, here is another one; there are more mercs than mandos in queue because the imperial faction has 10x the population (if not more) than the republic does. people are playing mercenary more because most of the population prefers to play imperial side. that's it, there is no other reason. mercs do NOT have an advantage over commandos whatsoever they are basically exactly the same in terms of capability.

As above - and if you read the thread you will have seen i use keybinds on my sawbones healer - because its mainly insta casts which keybinds help with. Your whole little rant here is a moot point. Yes keybinds are a significant advantage to pvp but when most of my heals are casts / channelled, with or without keybind doesnt really make much difference coz i cant cast anything whilst im waiting for one to complete. The only insta which would help is kolto bomb or procs but then im already about to double click it whilst the previous cast is going..

it's funny that you insinuate that a point is moot by making a moot point. it doesn't matter if you keybind on your op, you're trying to get better on your merc/commando. it doesn't matter if a bunch of your abilities are channeled or not. keybind your sh** and you will be more efficient.

The actual nature of this thread is totally the opposite of what you are suggesting here. Im quitting because i "suck and refuse to improve"???.....im genuinely amazed at this comment. As above and the entire thread. Are you able to read and process words presented?

you can blame the game all you want. the truth as to why you're giving up on pvp is obvious.