Hi everyone,

I did a search on this recently and found a thread posted over a year ago on the subject but I would like to take a moment to ask if anyone has any information or theories on the subject.

Will Operations (such as Dread Fortress) gain a solo option?

------

I understand this is a multiplayer game and I'm fully aware of the arguments for and against making the multiplayer content have solo options so please understand that I'm not trying to spark that debate.

All of my friends have stopped playing this game (we play FFXIV now). But I still love the narrative and story of SWTOR but I miss out on a lot of the content because I'm not exactly very good at the combat in this game (to the point where I feel I would be more of a hindrance than an asset to anyone unlucky enough to attach to me in Group Finder).

I still want to experience the stories that these operations have though so, does anyone know if the Solo option is possibly coming to these operations? Thanks in advance everyone! Have a great day!

Edited by Lunarcorporation

i doubt it even if i wish it :( also want the other flashpoints and operations to be made soloable for the story

Yeah. I'm missing out on a lot because not many people do this content anymore, and the ones that do aren't exactly friendly to players who aren't top tier in their class.

what are you on about, "not many people do this content"? :D

most fleet pugs wouldnt care if you do only basic attack, as long as at least few people know what to do, just read about basic ops tactics as a courtesy to other people and yolo, that is if joining a guild is such a hardship

this discussion was brought so many times before by lazy or antisocial people that its getting tiresome

Never happen.

Raiders would lose their minds, and rightly so.

Depends. If the solo version *just* let people see the story-ish elements, without any of the special rewards (no speeders, decos, gear tokens, etc.), with a scaled-down version of the various fights, it could work, and wouldn't cause too much grumbling. Part of that acceptance - or at least diminished resistance - would be that the actual raiders wouldn't be bothered any more by the occasional person who came just to see the story part.

That said, I can think of lots of better things for BioWare to spend development effort on.

Depends. If the solo version *just* let people see the story-ish elements, without any of the special rewards (no speeders, decos, gear tokens, etc.), with a scaled-down version of the various fights, it could work, and wouldn't cause too much grumbling. Part of that acceptance - or at least diminished resistance - would be that the actual raiders wouldn't be bothered any more by the occasional person who came just to see the story part.

That said, I can think of lots of better things for BioWare to spend development effort on.

And that's a perfectly great answer. I'm sure the list of things the dev team should work on is VERY extensive.

As far as rewards, I honestly wouldn't care if I got NONE of the rewards for just doing the Operation Solo. As you said, I just want to experience the story aspect of it without being a detriment to a team of players. If I was speaking as someone who was Anti-social, I would have whined and complained about not being able to Solo the content. As I said, I wasn't intending to spark the debate as it was more of genuine curiosity. But I've already had replies from folks acting like just because I would like a feature added to the game they feel the need to personally attack me because they find it unnecessary.

When I want to do 30 Man Raid content, I hop on FFXIV and do an alliance raid with my buddies, but when I want a story rich Star Wars experience, I come here. XD

Anyways, thanks for the insightful reply! It probably won't be a feature added and that's a bummer but nothing that hurts my overall experience of the game. Unlike some people who feel the need to act superior just because I asked a question.

Though I think it would be a good idea for those who prefer to solo, I don't think it will happen ever. What would be cool though if they did would be the option of playing it with 3+ companions. That would be awesome actually.

I think what would work here was if they made last bosses of DF and DP soloable. You do Oricon, you invade Fortress in solo mode, you engage Brontes in solo mode (guess it would require stripping her of most mechanics other than droid clock and avoiding fingers), you get the cutscene, enter Dread Palace and fight the Council in solo mode (again, probably stripped of most mechanics that require group), you get some common CXP pack for each and you are done with Oricon. Less work for BW, most of the content and all possible rewards remain raiding exclusive and it opens a way for non-raiders to finish the story.

If you want to do solo content perhaps do not play a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER Online RPG.

Solo \ story player's sub money is as good as anybody else's. While I'm not a solo player, I too like to experience the story alone, at my own pace and with my own choices.

• 1 year later...
If you want to do solo content perhaps do not play a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER Online RPG.

That's just a dumb answer. SWTOR is a Story-driven game and offers a lot of solo content for solo players. I'm a solo player and would love to have access to essential story content which are only available in some OP's without forcing myself to play the game in a way I don't enjoy. The Story on Oricon ends with an OP and if you don't find a group to run the operation with you're not able to finish the story you started solo. This is frustrating af as a Solo player.

People who like to witness the Story doesn't care about OP rewards. If they would care, they would raid with others. I don't see any viable reason to neglete access to Story content from operations which are a major part of the game for people who like to enjoy this content alone.

I really would like a solo option for most of the Operations, with fewer mechanics, fewer adds, and story-mission level enemy health and damage dealt. Done right, it could be the perfect warm-up for knowing the fights as a group of players.

But at this point, I don't think it's going to happen. Something like this would require some significant overhauls of what you would find inside an Operation phase for a solo/story mode to actually make it seem soloable. It might be doable for Eternity Vault, but once you hit the 4th boss of Karagga's palace it gets a lot harder to tune down everything going on in the fights. And you can forget about reworking the Oricon ops easily.

Even if they managed it, it's going to require a lot of stuff taken out to make trinity-based 8-man group content soloable with a Comp. For us players who have been exposed to the group versions, it is likely going to seem so boring and leave us questioning why they would spend time doing this instead of fixing bugs.

I like the idea of leaving only 1 or 2 of the bosses in each phase for a solo story version, but I just can't see time being spent on this.

Yeah. I'm missing out on a lot because not many people do this content anymore, and the ones that do aren't exactly friendly to players who aren't top tier in their class.

The only real way to get into operations is to join a casual PvE guild that has regularly scheduled training Operations on the weekly calendar. Many guilds do that on NA servers that I know of. Very relaxed in gear requirements, will help you gear up, and will explain every fight before it starts (on every single run of every Op.) Search for a guild that does “training op”.

Many such guilds also tend to have heavy restrictions on bad behavior, bad attitude, and toxic discussions. Not to mention rules against bullying new players and members. Ability to listen in Discord will be required usually. I can suggest reliable names on Satele Shan or you can visit SS forum.

SWTORista created a site where you can search for guilds.

Edited by mike_carton

• 1 year later...
this has gotten far more necessary. gf is pretty much done with the weekly queues.

Plenty of groups still form as they always have on the fleet and not through the use of group finder. If you are queing for an operation using the group finder then you will never ever get it to pop. Solo operations are an absolute no with the caveat of they really should be making additional solo content that mirrors a raid in a sense in the vein of the eternal championship.

• 4 months later...
The only real way to get into operations is to join a casual PvE guild that has regularly scheduled training Operations on the weekly calendar. Many guilds do that on NA servers that I know of. Very relaxed in gear requirements, will help you gear up, and will explain every fight before it starts (on every single run of every Op.) Search for a guild that does “training op”.

Many such guilds also tend to have heavy restrictions on bad behavior, bad attitude, and toxic discussions. Not to mention rules against bullying new players and members. Ability to listen in Discord will be required usually. I can suggest reliable names on Satele Shan or you can visit SS forum.

SWTORista created a site where you can search for guilds.

This! I am part of a guild that runs regular ops and at different levels. We have a newbie night once/week and do imp side/pub side SM once per week. They take a few minutes before each boss to walk through the fight and what to do/not do, provide direction during the fight as needed, and always allow for people new to the op to watch the cut scenes. If you are looking to dive into ops I encourage you to find a guild to learn the ropes, and then you'll be more confident to join fleet op groups recruiting for runs in chat.