Equipping Cartel Armor Sets AND In-Game Equipment Drops, Simultaneously, Possible?

abernathe

I recently started playing less than a week ago and also decided to take the plunge and become a subscriber. What I would like to know concerns full set costumes (or armor) purchased on the Cartel Market. The thing is, the way it looks, that you can only have one set of armor on your character at any given time. If you're already using in-game equipment, exactly how can you use the Cartel Market costume/armor sets while you're also equipped with the in-game equipment that drops from your NPC kills.

With other games, you have the ability to wear armor that drops from NPC kills while also wearing unique costume sets to give your character something unique to wear. This allows you to wear both in other games.

I didn't see anywhere that allows you to wear the Cartel Market sets while also wearing the in-game equipment drops. If the game does allow this, how exactly do you enable it?

The other question I have: how do you improve the stats or increase the stats of those Cartel armor sets?

The other question I have: how do you improve the stats or increase the stats of those Cartel armor sets?

There are two versions of this answer.

One: If you use Outfit Designer (see the first post answering yours), there's no need to bother because any stats on the visual-appearance gear (whether it's from the CM or other sources) are ignored.

Two: you obtain (Modification vendors on planets and the Fleet, crafting, drops, etc.) modification objects (armorings, mods, enhancements) and put them in the CM armour.

But don't bother with Two, because max-level "set bonus" gear (gear with special bonuses for wearing more than one piece of the set) has the bonus on the gear shell, not the modification objects, so wearing CM gear for stats will *weaken* your character.

I figured it out. Thanks for the help, everyone. The only thing I noticed is that when you equip in-game equipment drops, when you equip, the items disappear when they are equipped on your character. But, when you equip the armor sets you purchase off the Cartel Market Store, even when you equip them, they remain in your inventory. Is this the way the game is intended? It just seems to be a waste of the inventory system.

I figured it out. Thanks for the help, everyone. The only thing I noticed is that when you equip in-game equipment drops, when you equip, the items disappear when they are equipped on your character. But, when you equip the armor sets you purchase off the Cartel Market Store, even when you equip them, they remain in your inventory. Is this the way the game is intended? It just seems to be a waste of the inventory system.

You're wrong. It has nothing to do with the source of the item, and *everything* to do with where you equip it.

If you equip items *as*gear* (in the first tab, the one with a small human figure as its button), the gear moves to the gear slot, and the gear that *was* in the slot moves out to inventory.

If you equip items in your appearance tabs (the numbered ones(1)), well, "equip" is the wrong word. You stamp a copy of the item in the slot. This allows you to stamp a copy of the same rare-ish world drop gear piece into multiple outfits without having to find multiple copies of the item. For CM armour, provided you've bound all the pieces of the set on one character, that character can claim as many (bound) copies of the set as you want, so once the pieces are stamped, you can throw them away.

Anything you want to keep, however, should be kept in your character's Cargo Hold, not your inventory.

(1) As noted in the guides, the tab with a + as its symbol allows you to buy another appearance tab.

It's odd that you mention the ship's cargo hold. I placed a few items in the "storage" on my ship, logged out, came back to the game later, and the items had disappeared. I had tossed the first gun that Corso gives me and it had went *poof*. I just figured that the Cargo doesn't store things permanently and that when you log out, the cargo hold purges everything in the locker.

It's odd that you mention the ship's cargo hold. I placed a few items in the "storage" on my ship, logged out, came back to the game later, and the items had disappeared. I had tossed the first gun that Corso gives me and it had went *poof*. I just figured that the Cargo doesn't store things permanently and that when you log out, the cargo hold purges everything in the locker.

Um. No. You're wrong there, too, or at least, if stuff disappears like that, there is something seriously wrong, and you should be pursuiing it with Customer Service and/or any person you live with who knows your account details. I mentioned the cargo hold precisely because it *doesn't* do what you described.

There are three kinds of non-inventory storage:

* Cargo Hold. This is private to the character, so if e.g. Kylath puts something in, Xalari cannot see it.

* Legacy Storage. This is private to your legacy. Stuff in here is visible on all characters of your account *on this server*. If Kylath puts something in here, Xalari can take it out. Character-bound stuff cannot be put in here.

* Guild Bank. This is private to your guild. If you put something in here, other players in your guild can take it out. You cannot put character-bound or legacy-bound stuff in here.

If you go on the Fleet, you'll see the storage kiosks - Cargo Hold is green, Legacy Storage is yellow, and Guild Banks are purple.

If you've played GW2, the "bank" there is like Legacy Storage in SWTOR with the additional feature that you can store character-bound items in the GW2 bank, but not in SWTOR's Legacy Storage.

As Steve said, if something disappeared from your Cargo Bay, that would be a serious glitch.

But also, as Steve said, your cargo bay is only accessible on the particular character.

Note that the ship's Cargo Bay is the same as the Cargo Bays on the Fleet or in your Stronghold, etc. Think of the Cargo Bay as being like "Cloud Storage".

Thanks for the advice on taking the issue to customer service. I'm going to place a few things in the cargo hold / storage locker on my ship and leave it overnight and see what happens. Some cheap item. I'm hoping it was just some one time glitch.

Thanks for the advice on taking the issue to customer service. I'm going to place a few things in the cargo hold / storage locker on my ship and leave it overnight and see what happens. Some cheap item. I'm hoping it was just some one time glitch.

Remember to check on the same character who placed it.