April 22nd - 1v1 PVP tournament on DM

DerSchneider

Hey everyone.

Since Bioware are not treating us well when it comes to new pvp season, I decided to make a small 1v1 tournament to spice things up. This is by any means not a serious competition, I don’t have any experience in such events other than watching URC. Hopefully it will go well.

Rules are heavily based on URC ones. I also added very few own rules to make things slightly more fun.

The format depends on how many people will take part, most likely:

1st round – elimination (initial matchups will be RNG based)

2nd and further rounds – best of 3;

Finals – best of 5.

I'm hoping to get at least 8 people, but 16 or more will be better.

I decided to get rid of operative bracket, because duels are taking excessively long, and I might not get enough participants anyway. For the sake of fun, strongest non-stealth classes are also going to be banned.

Rules:

1) Only one character sign up per person.

2) You can take part only on DPS spec, EXCEPT:

- Arsenal mercenary/gunnery mando

- Lightning sorcerer/tele sage

- Any operative/scoundrel spec (sorry but it has to be done)

3) No guild perks - Players must gquit prior to any duels. Alternatively just come on a guildless character.

4) No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.

5) Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.

6) Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.

7) Server transfers are welcome to sign up.

8) No companions / external help. Set your companion on passive before duel and dismiss them.

9) Assassins/shadows are allowed to vanish only once.

10) Knocking a target away from duel range in best on 1 equals rematch, in best of 3 – automatic round loss.

11) NO life warden and NO tactical swapping mid-round. Between rounds is fine.

After I posted rules in discord it caused a lot of butthurt, but in the end it's impossible to properly balance 1v1, unless allowing only a few specs. I also realise some specs become very favored, we'll see how it goes.

Prize pool: 1 billion credits (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th will receive prizes).

Donations are welcome in form of credits/cartel packs. Credits will be added to the prize pool, packs will be randomly given away over the course of stream.

If you want to donate, send stuff to Nightrain on Darth Malgus server.

To sign up you can whisper me on discord, twitch or leave a message in this thread.

Signups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1igV0ilRsRfn7fjtHDzOinBk-_LhrBAmUJ2W-rE-SK18/edit?usp=sharing

Date: April, 22nd

Time: 6 pm GMT

Event will be streamed at: https://www.twitch.tv/n1ghtrain