Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Lol. I've encountered players who won't budge until another player engages a small pack of standard mobs. I would not be surprised if this results in mobs encounters becoming spectator sports, with players engaging for the tag at the last minute. Hopefully not, but I would not be surprised.

When I first saw the new ability tree my first question was "Who would actually pick Mad Dash given these choices?" Shortly after, they announced the new tagging system, and just like that Mad Dash became the most useful ability in the tree. :p

Edited by gidder

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Economy Adjustments

One of the steps we’re taking to address this is the reduction of credits awarded by completing Conquests.

-eric

This is... frankly a horrible idea. Nothing is going to chance the amount of credits already in the market from all the glitches and exploits this game has seen. Prices will only keep going up. Inflation is absolutely silly and I think devs are scared that it imposes a threat to cartel coin purchases, which is why they're making it even more difficult to bridge that gap between the players who do not have and the players that do have insane amounts of credits by making it harder for normal players to get credits. Conquests don't even grant that much compared to what nearly everything is getting sold for right now, don't be daft. The complete and most obvious solution according to a majority of the playerbase is a credit sink. Making it even harder for regular users to catch up is probably the worst possible option you could take and it seems to be solely motivated by greed.

Shared tagging is great though.

Edited by rookiense

Source, please.

It is known that they are losing the EXCLUSIVITY license in 2023.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-13/ubisoft-to-make-star-wars-game-marking-end-to-ea-exclusivity

This doesn't necessarily mean that that EA is losing the ability to do Star Wars games.

On the other hand, this doesn't mean that they will be allowed to continue with either Star Wars games in general or SWTOR in particular. It is known that SWTOR is the last SW game that falls outside the Disney established canon and that Disney prefers for everything to be under one umbrella. (I imagine the KOTOR remakes are going to reflect that.)

As such, while there is no reason to panic on the game's future, it would be a smart idea to complete all the class stories that you want before 2023 rolls around just in case.

Hey folks,

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

-eric

I feel like, out of all the changes done in 7.0, this one is the one most intended to screw us over. I don't do the weekly thing in any organized way to bump Conquest. I like to do it in a relaxed manner. Instead of getting 10 GSF games/5 Wins, I currently can just do those at a relaxed pace of a few here and a few there. GSI missions are a little overwhelming at 10 per week but, once again, a few here and a few there.

Now, I'm going to take a look at weeklies and ask myself whether I want to power through the weeklies. GSI, maybe. I only do it once per toon anyway. Ziost is pretty easy to bang out.

GSF....absolutely not. So to hell with ever playing GSF again.

Don't get me wrong. I feel for Eric because he's pretend to be excited about changes that I suspect he knows is a terrible idea. But this change is just pants-on-head stupid.

I'm just laughing at how TERRIBLY laggy the Rakghoul Tunnel Heroic area is. There's only like 20+ people, imp + rep combined and my skills and frames went to oblivion. I'm just going to sit back and watch as the new weekly change of "rotating" aka forcing people to one specific area will go about.

Weapons in the outfitter. Finally, some good news about 7.0.

Yea, finally some good news for sure about Weapon's being added to Outfit's. Still don't like they took out Combat Proficiencies, as many Class will be far less able to customize, and many feel a lot slower and less fun to play.

Wish they also keep the lost abilities to only 1, and based it more on the Discipline which of the 2 of the former 3 you kept...

Discipline One - Ability A1 & A3

Discipline Two - Ability A2 & A3

Discipline Three - Ability A1 & A2

For example...

Edited by Strathkin

I think I also remember Bioware saying the focus will now be on non-moddable gear and mods will only be available for the highest tier of equipment.

Unless vullk.com and the many forum topics about 7.0 gear are not a reliable source and the multiple videos on YouTube on the subject are fake, this is unfortunately happening.

I suspect it's like 75, where we started at 270 Green, and even Blue Gear often didn't have MOD's. We did see it later come back in Purple Gear at 287 or so? Given that most of PTS has only seen 318 (first level of 80) Gear as everything between 307-317 is likely for levels 76-79.

We had 36 levels from 270-306 with 75, so we'd at least have closer to 38-42 new Item Levels above 318. So that means 355-359 Max Item Level perhaps? Mean's we'll likely not see MOD's again till we get to 335+ (possibly) or at least Purple Gear again!

I really wish they'd explain, and be OPEN about Item Level that's coming in 1-5 months as we work to IMPROVE and Level up! Just don't like they are locking it behind OPERATIONS run only in Master Mode though, though perhaps maybe they will expand it to VET / MASTER as well as Flashpoints.

Running the same Master Operation over and over again is really NOT something most will want to do endlessly to level up character's gear. And people like seeing their characters progress, especially given now without RENOWN it's going to be far slower as well. :)

Edited by Strathkin

Any words on the weapon outfitter?

They had the interface in place on the PTS but the system itself was non-functional. It is possible it will show up with the launch of 7.0 but more likely will be one of the down the road releases.

They had the interface in place on the PTS but the system itself was non-functional. It is possible it will show up with the launch of 7.0 but more likely will be one of the down the road releases.

I’m starting to wonder just how much of the “expansion” is going to be a “down the road release”.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ESPECIALLY for the pvp weekly since is NOT to do 4 run BUT to WIN 4 runs !!!!

the worst thing that you ever done in this game and im mean it the worst !!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

Edited by Kissakias

• 3 weeks later...

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

unless something has changed , this is just ... lol.

i don't even know what to say.

if i got it right : basically if i want to do the 5 vet. FP weekly i have to wait X weeks for it to be available?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

so if weapons are not added to the outfitter, could you explain how we are supposed to be able to use cartel market weapons as we do not have access to moddable gear? like what features do you need our feedback on, how it works should be in the exact same way as the already working outfitter works no?

also nerf deception sins to the ground, the class deserves it

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

I will be terminating my subscription until you fix this. You won't provide us with mods for our existing weapons, meaning we will be forced to use the ugly piece of crap generic weapons if we want to get the new gear. This is tantamount to theft. I have spent hundreds of RL dollars on my weapons and armor collections. It is unconscionable that I will not be able to use them without sacrificing my Item rating. I said when I tried the PTS that this would be a game breaker for me, but I guess you just didn't listen. I have been subbed non stop for years, but this is the end for me.

I will be terminating my subscription until you fix this. You won't provide us with mods for our existing weapons, meaning we will be forced to use the ugly piece of crap generic weapons if we want to get the new gear. This is tantamount to theft. I have spent hundreds of RL dollars on my weapons and armor collections. It is unconscionable that I will not be able to use them without sacrificing my Item rating. I said when I tried the PTS that this would be a game breaker for me, but I guess you just didn't listen. I have been subbed non stop for years, but this is the end for me.

can I have ur stuff? :jawa_angel:

Hey folks,

-eric

So this means weapons in 7.0 will be moddable so I can continue to use my expensive cartel weapon without penalty, right?

so if weapons are not added to the outfitter, could you explain how we are supposed to be able to use cartel market weapons as we do not have access to moddable gear? like what features do you need our feedback on, how it works should be in the exact same way as the already working outfitter works no?

also nerf deception sins to the ground, the class deserves it

Aww, did a deception destroy you in pvp? That’s a shame.

The one singular feature that was going to be undeniably popular isn't making launch :sul_frown:

I guess there will be no amusing distraction from the doubled grind for conquest and confiscation of abilities, questionable UI rearranging and why has someone screwed with the "compact" sort option in inventory so instead of zero rearranging as it compacts your stuff to remove empty slots it now runs an unrequested sorting script to rearrange the item order?

Edited by Gyronamics

so if weapons are not added to the outfitter, could you explain how we are supposed to be able to use cartel market weapons as we do not have access to moddable gear?

I personally think the whole concept of 'weapons outfitter' is silly to begin with (except for IMP AGENT or SMUGGLER) , but still what RikuvonDrake (and others) just asked ^ is super important .

If missing my Dark Honor Guard sabers are on Feb. 15th, a happy $ubscriber i shall not be. :mad:

p.s. UGH BioWare jeez: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9997477#post9997477

Edited by Nee-Elder
ugh BioWare , u guys sure don't make it easy lol