Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

BW went to the trouble of sending people information in advance about getting into the BETA weekends.

BW went to the trouble of sending guilds information in advance about what servers they were assigned to

BW didnt bother to go to the trouble of telling people what day they are likely to get into Early Access.

:rolleyes:

This is both ironic and completely stupid.

BW have access to account information that records when people redeemed their codes: Check

BW have access to the amount of codes that are redeemed: Check

Logical Deduction.

Determine how many people you intend to let in per wave or day and divide the total number by that.

You will end up with a pretty rough estimate of when people would get in and be able to e-mail that in advance. Add an extra day if you want a margin for error.

People are going to be more pleased with potentially getting in EARLY than late and you would get praised for people getting in early. Instead your screwing people into impatiently waiting on the edge of their seat with no ability to guage when they will get i at all.

They aren't telling people because they don't know. That should be obvious at this point.

Also, 'irony' doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you never seen this before? Did you played any MMO at the launch? WoW is an exemple of disaster at the day 1, even with months of open beta.

You´re right, I never seen this before. Because, none were so organized.

Remember, the launch is 12.20... early acess, is a Bonus.

Bai baiatule..we have paid for early acess so is not a bonus! I could just simply order the game at launch and not support manufacturing of product with the advance payment.

Target: X amount of money for sustaining the project

The lure: early access

Present day: they got what they need it, but not the real solution to offer what they have promised

Respect for the customer who is not now in the game: none!

I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.

No worries, I'm sure they'll push you back until at least the 15th. UP TO 5 =/= 5 or more.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a wave 3 yet. There's a few people in my guild playing and they are telling me starting areas are pretty much empty.(on the server we have been placed on.) Edited by Kregg

This whole "staggered release" thing is stupid and it is not going to change the inevitable.

Assume Bioware is sending out 40-50 k invites per wave starting this morning. Considering today is both a work day and a school day, it is highly unlike that more than 10-20% of those invites will be realized until later today.

I predict the shat will hit the fan sometime between 5:00-9:00 PM EST. This is when all of those invites are going to crowd the servers. Even if Bioware limits the total number of invites per day, the crunch will just happen later in the week.

Bioware might as well just cowboy up and understand that their servers are going to be crowded and issues will probably occur. I say "let the issues occur." Staggered release is not going to change the fact that starter zones are going to get crowded...

Hey Zikarus,

Under "CODE REDEMPTION HISTORY" I have two listings. My first pre-order date and then the early access listed for Nov 2nd as well. I think you might be seeing this?

I ordered with Amazon on the 24th July and they sent me the pre order code on that day which i promptly entered that day, yet when i go to my account details it says i registered for early access code on the 2nd November???

Please tell me this is a bug.

if its a gift dont advertise it on retail sites as if your paying for it

Why shouldn't they? They have stated the how and why and when very carefully. They have not broken any promises, everything goes according to or even ahead of schedule. So tell me, what's wrong with that?

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

I'm a little annoyed that the Early Access E-Mail at least telling me when I can play isn't sitting in my E-Mail right now. Even if that play time is, like, the 18th or 19th... I still would like to know today so I can make plans.

Still can't believe the amount of biodrones in here. I still can't get over the fact that they're not giving prior information on when you will be able to log in.

You're a child with ADHD. Get some patience. You know when you'll be in, between now and then 19th. If you need to know more, you're a punk child who needs to grow up.

"Biodrones." How can we get an MMO without all thee damn children?

Edited by JustTed

just playing devils advocate here,.. because still waiting,

but I ordered from Origin, which is EA, EA and Bioware are one now, and when you order from Origin you pay UPfront so yes Bioware does have my money and has had my money for months, that said now I'll wait for my email :p

You did not pay up front with Origin, you paid a deposit of $5, you will not be charged for the remaining balance until the 16th.

That's bantha shart man, 18+. Don't leave ME out of it. 21+ is reserved only for destroying your body with legal drugs and alcohol. <3

True, but I know a number of 18yr olds who behaved like 6yr olds. As one ages ones tendancy to behave like a spoilt brat lessens. Perhaps there should have been a mental age test, that would weed out the QQ brigade.

As much as this thread should be about information to keep the pre-orderers updated, the QQ, Nerdrage and amount of self serving boohicky is becoming quite amusing.

All I'll say is that Bioware must have an idea what range of pre-order dates they're letting in. The least they could do is post saying "Right well anyone who pre-ordered between July 21st and July 30th, will be getting in today." Or something similar, considering they're going by pre-order redemption dates.