Jedi Sentinel Feedback

JackieKo

So with full trees available, I tried out some talents we couldn't use before

- Flaming Wave seems to work by having the first dot tick after using cauterize, make the dots on targets near you tick. The thing is watchman does its best aoe by spreading its dots back and forth between its targets and not reapplying them. So is the idea manually apply dots then spread them every 9 seconds? Or every 12 with FM? Just do the normal thing but tab spam cauterize on different targets? It also makes you want to attack the enemy you want to kill the least, to do more damage to the ones you want to kill the most.

The base idea of attacking a target makes you do extra damage to enemies you have dots on is really fun and interesting. Just wondering if it could be implemented differently, like using Merciless Slash on a target with Cauterize on them does damage to any enemies near you with dots on them.

- Is Critical Zen intended to be a passive for Concentration still? Because it can be kind of overpowered when used with either of Concentration's autocrits.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested the last PTS, not a big fan but it is still WIP, quick return about current state:

Some powers are still missing

• Force Statis : hope it has been forgotten and not gone for good.
  • Awe : same as Force Stasis, also missing.
  • Pacify : also missing, well it was a very situational tool, maybe too powerfull in 1v1, but Pacify missing mean we have no option to deal with force/techno damage ( Zealous Judgment utility ).

Ability Tree:

I have two main concerns with the current tree:

• When we switch between abilities, the new one is not place where the previous one was, fixing this could be a good quality of live change.
  • We are force to choose between different type op utility on the same level (mobility / defence / offence / control), I think this is not a good approach, this mean we will be able to make build who are too strong in dps, too tanky or to mobile and it will make thing impossible to balance, a better way might be to keep the types of ability together on the same level.

If I have the time I will probably make a full list in the near future

Hi LD_Little_Dragon,

Hard stun should be available. There is a known issue that if abilities appear to be missing, speaking with the droid a second time will grant all abilities.

Jackie, can we get an update on this please? Is this still accurate? Guardians have Force Stasis now, but I don't see it on my Sentinel at all. I made a new one just in case it was added with today's update and that didn't change anything, nor did changing specs or talking to the droid multiple times. It's just not there for Sentinels.

So a few important things on the PTS update for sentinels. As of now, carnage and fury would have higher damage than any other spec in the current 6.3 version of the game. I've gotten 90k autocrits from the trauma version of raging burst combined with the autocrit from zen. You can get 80k aoe autocrits if you take the aoe version of raging burst. This is all with high unmin-maxed gear. I basically had 6.9k power while making crits that high. In the current version with fully min-maxed gear, those would hit for a well over 100k aoe, and maybe even a 150k single target raging burst that applies trauma. I don't know what the health values will be in the new update, but damage that high might be slightly overpowered despite the fact that sentinels can be relatively squishy at times.

Secondly, I noticed that predation and the speed boost from critting in carnage spec actually stacks. You end up running around atleast 130% speed when both buffs are active. Honestly it feels like 150-200% movement speed. If I ever saw something that fast moving in the current 6.3 swtor build, I would assume it was speedhacks. As fun as that is, it would be nearly impossible to track a sentinel moving at that speed. Mobility-wise, nothing could catch up to something moving at that speed, and targeting it in pvp would be absolute cancer. The desync would be ungodly for a class moving that fast.

The description of Swiftness is also incorrect. The buff gives atleast 10% movement speed per stack and 10% crit chance per stack. With the imperial agent buff, that ends up being around a 93% constant crit chance for every ability in the carnage's kit. I think this is actually balanced. It provides a strong damage boost and mobility to make up for the lack of dcds.

If carnage and fury were released as is into 6.3, I would be happy with both. Annihilation appears to need some work however. With the level of burst and crits in fury and carnage, there's no way annihilation can keep up. It was already struggling in pvp in the current meta, and it needs a must stronger buff to perform well.

Edited by Llacertus

So a few important things on the PTS update for sentinels. As of now, carnage and fury would have higher damage than any other spec in the current 6.3 version of the game. I've gotten 90k autocrits from the trauma version of raging burst combined with the autocrit from zen. You can get 80k aoe autocrits if you take the aoe version of raging burst. This is all with high unmin-maxed gear. I basically had 6.9k power while making crits that high. In the current version with fully min-maxed gear, those would hit for a well over 100k aoe, and maybe even a 150k single target raging burst that applies trauma. I don't know what the health values will be in the new update, but damage that high might be slightly overpowered despite the fact that sentinels can be relatively squishy at times.

Number won't mean anything, and in the current state there is only two options :

• It stay that way : and welcome to Star Wars : Galaxy of Sentinel/Maurauder, because what will be the point to have any other classes in PVE/PVP while you can "cheese" anything with multiple Sentinel/Maurauder.
  • It is tune down : the scale down will take into account the insane burst at full stack and the full stack and Sentinel/Maurauder will have a hard time when they have to regain all their stack or keep it, and the squishiness will nt help at all.

Secondly, I noticed that predation and the speed boost from critting in carnage spec actually stacks. You end up running around atleast 130% speed when both buffs are active. Honestly it feels like 150-200% movement speed. If I ever saw something that fast moving in the current 6.3 swtor build, I would assume it was speedhacks. As fun as that is, it would be nearly impossible to track a sentinel moving at that speed. Mobility-wise, nothing could catch up to something moving at that speed, and targeting it in pvp would be absolute cancer. The desync would be ungodly for a class moving that fast.

Operative desync during Exfiltrate is already a pain, and it is probably not intended to be able to move this fast, also the balancing with the speed movement / damage scalling utility will be a nightmare to balance.

The description of Swiftness is also incorrect. The buff gives atleast 10% movement speed per stack and 10% crit chance per stack. With the imperial agent buff, that ends up being around a 93% constant crit chance for every ability in the carnage's kit. I think this is actually balanced. It provides a strong damage boost and mobility to make up for the lack of dcds.

If carnage and fury were released as is into 6.3, I would be happy with both. Annihilation appears to need some work however. With the level of burst and crits in fury and carnage, there's no way annihilation can keep up. It was already struggling in pvp in the current meta, and it needs a must stronger buff to perform well.

Unfortunatly we can't be sure about any of that, we don't have the stat for lvl 80 and we are missing half of the classes on the pts, also there was no extended test period for pvp or operation, so we are not out of the cantina on this one

Edited by KaellSolaris

Since the changes were revised, I took another look and there are still major issues that have not been addressed.

15: Critical Melt vs Juyo Melt vs Melting Center

So, this boils down to AE vs Burst vs Sustained ST dmg, doesn't it? Doesn't change what anything does, just changes what it's good for. However, theory crafters will figure out the exact numbers and people will just take 'the best' option. Melting Center imo is the only 'good' idea though as it actually rewards timing your Zen use while the others just add damage.

20: here, you choose between doing more ST damage and having raid utility. Every single time Transcendence is needed, you will choose it. This is not an option and never will be. If a Marauder in my group told me he doesn't want to skill transcendence because of his DPS, then he'll be out.

30: Are you changing tacticals? Because why would you use Cauterize when it refreshes anyway? Focus makes no sense. Same for Force Lash. You gimp your AE dmg due to losing a spreadable dot and make your tactical pointless. At least flaming wave makes sense.

But Generally speaking here - for class flavour: STOP removing dots from the dot class! What is wrong with you?

level 35: I don't understand... I can just not have my set bonus if I don't choose Force Clarity (or we'll be getting all new sets) even though you could make Force Clarity a passive buff and make it still works while removing it as an ability you need to use. The other 2 choices come down to the numbers. You have the sustained option with zen or the burst option with the extra damage.

generally speaking: The design philosophy so far has shown me that you want Marauders to just keep switching the skills they choose on a encounter per encounter basis. Because no one choice is generally satisfactory, I'd be switching around for virtually everything which is really annoying.

level 50: As anyone can attest to who played something more challenging - the 30% dmg reduce is not optional. This is not a choice. You just removed being able to quickly change targets as a melee more often.

Level 60: Jedi Adjudicator is obviously and by far the best choice. 15% measly damage increase for an already crappy skill you barely use because dot spread and then continuing ST damage is way better and same crappy heal every 3 minutes? C'mon people...

level 70: This is total BS. You remove the self-cleanse from Force Camo making it a bad cooldown because the damage reduce is gone the second you attack something again. Blade Blitz is a ****** skill with a way too long CD and not enough damage. It's used as a defensive cooldown to cheese one shot mechanics and high dmg stuff. It functions like guarded by the force for the most part. You'd just end up using what makes more sense per encounter.

Level 80: Yeah, 2% dmg reduction and more Zen is obviously the best thing for PVE, but you put a tier 1 skill and a tier 3 skill (former) as the level 80 choice? That's lazy.

Overall - some good ideas like Flaming Wave and level 15 Melt skills also seem fun but sadly are pitted against each other. Most other choices just make no sense given our Tacticals and Set Bonus. Unless you change those, the skills just make zero sense. I don't understand why you don't make transcendence baseline. This is expected from every Marauder to have most of the time. Removing a threat dump and self-cleanse makes things very problematic when healers can't readily dispel others and you can't control your threat at all. really bad change to Force Camo. It's such a classic and defining ability of the Marauder that has been around since forever.

• Dev Post
Jackie, can we get an update on this please? Is this still accurate? Guardians have Force Stasis now, but I don't see it on my Sentinel at all. I made a new one just in case it was added with today's update and that didn't change anything, nor did changing specs or talking to the droid multiple times. It's just not there for Sentinels.

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

Confirming that it is only on Guardians, so what is currently available on Sentinels is intended.

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

Confirming that it is only on Guardians, so what is currently available on Sentinels is intended.

Can we have some explanation on that then, please? Not having any dedicated CC is definitely going to be a pain, I was fine with Awe being removed from Sentinels, but losing Force Stasis as well is beyond frustrating. Having a hard stun comes in handy in all sorts of PVE content, especially given the cooldown on interrupts. It's not always useful, but it's far from useless and there's no reason for Sentinels to have it taken away from them.

Keep in mind, too, that while the "iconic" nature of the ability on a Sentinel may be debatable (although its utility isn't, in my opinion), the Imperial mirror of this situation means Marauders lose Force Choke. That's their Heroic Moment ability, an iconic Warrior ability that will now be exclusive to only one of the two Warrior Combat Styles.

There was a post given for Guardians explaining some of the decisions, and while I'm fine with several of the changes I've seen so far for Sentinels (pending gearing changes), this here needs an explanation and we got nothing for Sentinels. We got some quiet changes and then moved right along to Agents. The absence of Force Stasis/Force Choke will be felt and I feel we deserve an explanation on why the class is having its dedicated hard stun, considered iconic enough to be a Heroic Moment ability, completely removed.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

I am not okay with that. Force Stasis / Force Choke is a large part of being a Jedi/Sith. It's iconic to the Knight/Warrior. I see no reason why it should be removed.

Edited by Omega

Imagine playing the Sith Warrior story, the Wrath of the Empire, and being unable to force choke people lol.

I'm just going to throw this out there to Jackie and the dev team. I didn't even think it needed to be said. One of the worst things in this game that keeps happening is watching NPCs do all kinds of crazy force powered shenanigans in and out of cutscenes, and our characters are not capable of any of it.

Arcann does this

on a regular basis, Senya spends her time force leaping around in cutscenes, Vaylin is creating force storms and throwing motorcycles and taking out gunships, yet we as players are losing our force abilities?

It's bad enough that our characters don't respond with their own force powers, but now we can't do it in game either?

What's next, mercs losing tracer missile and rocket out? Sorcs losing force lightning? Jedi / Sith that can't deflect blaster bolts?

One of the worst things in this game that keeps happening is watching NPCs do all kinds of crazy force powered shenanigans in and out of cutscenes, and our characters are not capable of any of it.

QFE ^ !!!!!! i've been saying (sometimes screaming) the exact same thing since BETA testing back in 2011

./sigh :mad:

Keep in mind, too, that while the "iconic" nature of the ability on a Sentinel may be debatable (although its utility isn't, in my opinion), the Imperial mirror of this situation means Marauders lose Force Choke. That's their Heroic Moment ability, an iconic Warrior ability that will now be exclusive to only one of the two Warrior Combat Styles.

To be fair that's basically in line with half the classes at this point.

Operatives don't have Orbital Strike

Assassins don't have Force Lightning

Gunslingers don't have Dirty Kick (albeit they CAN have Below the Belt which is close if they pick it)

Mercenaries don't have Flame Thrower (if I recall? Pretty sure its Powertech only?)

Project is available to both Sage and Shadow

Smash is available to both Sentinel and Guardian

Sticky Grenade is available to both Vanguard and Commando

Choke is currently available to both, but as you mentioned it won't be.

So at presents its 4/4 split. This just makes it a 5/3.

At this rate maybe Shadow will lose Project :p

With our next phase of PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Jedi Sentinel.

Please answer the following questions:

• What abilities make the Sentinel unique to you?
  • Do these ability paths feel effective against enemies?
  • If you have feedback on the different disciplines and loadouts, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

WATCHMAN SENTINEL / ANNIHILATION MARAUDER

Intro

Hey Team!

Thank you for reading this post. I've been playing the game since beta in Fall 2011 prior to launch. My first class choice and main class choice, in beta and post launch of the game is and always will be the Watchman Jedi Sentinel/Annihilation Sith Marauder. This class means a lot to me and has been my main connection to this universe for 10 years. I've been through every single iteration of this class/combat style (even when they were combat trees) from beta 2011 all the way to the most recent patch. I have many insights/suggestions on my favorite class. But first...

and foremost, thank you again for all of the hard work you do. Especially, during a time that's been tough on everyone. Thank you also for allowing the space for us (the players) to communicate to you about the future of our characters, which mean so much to us. Thank you.

My PTS Character Combat Style choice was

WATCHMAN Jedi Sentinel

Combat Style tree "A"

Essential or Unique Abilities

I've been playing for several hours on the PTS (Uprisings, Flashpoints, Heroics, PVP) and I want to start with outlining the most important abilities that are ESSENTIAL to this Combat Style. The two essentials not worth mentioning are Force Might/Unnatural Might and Introspection/Channel Hatred. We assume these are givens. (For clarity purposes, I have listed the Annihilation Sith Marauder ability names after the forward slash and some notes on where they should be in the tree.)

Strike/Assault - can combine with Blade Barrage/Ravage, maybe?

Zealous Strike/Battering Assault - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Cauterize/Rupture - move up to earlier in the tree, possibly replace with Blade Storm/Force Scream

Slash/Vicious Slash

Merciless Slash/Annihilate

Force Melt/Force Rend

Force Leap/Force Charge

Rebuke/Cloak of Pain - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Saber Ward/Saber Ward

Overload Saber/Deadly Saber

Force Kick/Disruption

Pacify/Obfuscate - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Twin Saber Throw/Dual Saber Throw

Zen/Berserk

Inspiration/Bloodthirst

Awe/Intimidating Roar - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Dispatch/Vicious Throw

Force Sweep/Smash - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum, is mentioned as a combo tho, which is pretty cool, if this gets deleted for that, that would be cool.

I use each of these abilities in every single rotation of every single battle NO MATTER WHAT. They are essential to the build. Let's talk about why for a second.

Main Purpose of the Combat Style (Watchman/Annihilation)

What is the main purpose of the Watchman/Annihilation Combat Style? The Watchman/Annihilation style is all about sustained damage or DoTs and self-healing from these DoTs. I've seen many posts about Combat/Carnage and Concentration/Rage Styles on this forum talking all about speed and mobility. Speed and mobility are essential with the Combat and Concentration combat styles (because these styles want to do burst damage, hit and run, get in, hit hard, get out); however, speed and mobility are NOT ESSENTIAL to the Watchman/Annihilation combat style. In this Combat Style, Sentinels/Marauders want to focus on a target and hit it as much as possible to stay alive. More hits=more DoTs=more self-heals. So instead of wanting to hit everything quickly, we want to stack the DoTs on top of an enemy and in some cases a lot of enemies so more enemies die quickly and we stay alive. We focus on DoTs instead of trying to dodge everything. In Star Wars lore, this combat style mirrors Count Dooku. He duels, hits people wear it hurts and feeds into their pain. If this class runs around too much, we don't have a chance to stack our DoTs and heal properly. This combat style almost acts as a quasi-tank. Stay in the fight as long as we can then get out if things get too dicey. Mobility is still helpful but speed does no good. Every single one of the abilities listed above achieves the main goal/feel of the Watchman/Annihilation Combat Style.

Abilities I never or almost never use:

Blade Storm/Force Scream - move to later in the tree or delete entirely

Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash

Valorous Call/Frenzy

Transcendence/Predation

Blade Blitz/Mad Dash

Leg Slash/Crippling Slash

Why I don't use these abilities?

Blade Storm/Force Scream was removed as an ability for some time during either Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. (May have even been one of the Knights' expansions) During this time, I noticed that I didn't really need it or use it anyway. I also noticed, that it doesn't add to the sustained damage bleed pool. So I took it out of my rotation and never looked back. This is fun ability to use at low levels but if your goal is to get players into their combat style sooner, give them Cauterize/Rupture this early instead. Move this ability to later when the major passives that were added come in.

Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash. I tried it out a couple times and just never got around to using it. Watchman/Annihilation is a single target combat style, why do you need two AOE hits? I personally picked the one that aesthetically looked better and applied DoTs. Wouldn't be mad if this disappeared or popped up in another ability. Maybe combine it with Leg Slash/Crippling Slash.

Valorous Call/Frenzy. I never use it. Literally ever. I don't need to. I build Fury quickly. Get rid of this ability altogether. At Lvl 35 in the tree, where you earn this ability automatically, switch it with Force Clarity/Furious Power. Therefore, we learn Force Clarity/Furious Power automatically instead while Valorous Call/Frenzy would then be a choice.

Transcendence/Predation. This ability is essential to Combat and Concentration. On the flip side, this ability is useless next to Zen/Berserk and Inspiration/Bloodthirst for the Watchman Sentinel/Annihilation Marauder. The benefits you receive from the latter are way better than the former. Plus it buffs DoTs. Did I mention we love DoTs?

Blade Blitz/Mad Dash. They are very aesthetically neat, but again this ability takes you too far away from your target. If you are too far away in the middle of combat from your enemy, DoTs run out. That's no good. Situationally, this ability is great during Operations. Especially if an OP Boss decides to start shooting all over a wide area. It is awesome to use to get out of there. However, I don't use it enough to warrant it a spot on my essential list. I recommend combining this with Resolute/Unleash. Or possibly combine this with Force Camo and Resolute/Unleash. That would actually be awesome, get out, drop threat, and get up. Those 3 abilities are situational anyways. So that could work fantastically!

Leg Slash/Crippling Slash. Super situational. I ONLY use this in PVP, if ever. It's useless in OPs and PvE. It doesn't add DoTs so why use it? We could delete this ability and I wouldn't even be mad. Maybe combine it with Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash.

Situational Abilities and Why they are Situational

Resolute/Unleash

Force Stasis/Force Choke

Blade Barrage/Ravage - move to later in the tree

Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage

Force Camouflage

Force Clarity/Furious Power

Why?

Resolute/Unleash. Fairly obvious. Only need it when you're facing knockdowns, stuns, etc.. That's OPs or PvP. For the Watchman/Annihilation character, they need it sometimes, but it could easily combined with something else in order to have the same intended effect. Please look at Blade Blitz/Mad Dash commentary above for more details.

Force Stasis/Force Choke. In my opinion, these are thematic abilities and nothing more. They are super cool to have and look awesome, but Awe/Intimidating Roar is better overall as a stun. This ability is useless against any Champion or higher level PvE enemy but it super fun in PvP. I vote to keep these abilities as is because they make you feel like you are playing a Star Wars character from the movies. Plus these abilities resonate with us KOTOR fans. From an objective standpoint, it is a single target DoT stun. These are all of the things we love. Watchman/Annihilation is a single target attacker, so it could be argued both ways. But if you get overwhelmed with enemies, popping Awe/intimidating Roar works better. I'm torn.

Blade Barrage/Ravage. Aesthetically insane. Looks awesome. Practically, it doesn't do much in it's current state for the Watchman/Annihilation style. Even in the PTS. It's great that you guys are adding DoT buffs to it as an ability so we can use it more. But I don't see it getting added to my rotation regularly. I do use it really whenever I want the final hit on a boss/player duel to look super cool. Super Situational and fun, but objectively not very useful to this Combat Style.

Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage. I've only used this ability a handful of times. It works really well, specifically in hardcore PvE and PvP. I use it more in PvP. It keeps me alive that extra tick so my DoT stacks kill my opponent while I live. Great Utility but could be combined with other things.

Force Camouflage. I struggled putting this on my essentials list. But then I quickly realized it could be combined with other things.This ability is only necessary for hardcore PvE and PvP content. I never use it otherwise. That being said. It has saved me on multiple occasions when my team almost wipes. So this is a definite keeper in some capacity. But I wouldn't be mad if it was combined with other abilities. Please see Blade Blitz/Mad Dash commentary above for more info.

Force Clarity/Furious Power. Definite keeper, I only use this ability during hardcore PvE and PvP content. However, as it stands in the Combat Style tree now, I would MUCH rather have this than Valorous Call/Frenzy at lvl 35.

Overall Suggestions/Feedback

Thank you for reading this post and if you got this far thank you. Or if you skipped everything and are just reading this, thank you anyway. Thank you for your time. Some final thoughts and suggestions. This Combat Style focuses on DoTs and self-healing. The Watchman/Annihilation has a very different feel than the other Sentinel/Marauder Combat styles. The only thing in common is a couple of abilities and dual lightsabers. The main goal/feel of this Watchman/Annihilation Combat Style is to be able to stay in the fight as long as possible, feed off of your enemies' and your own pain (DoTs and self-heals), take down enemies one by one, use your two lightsabers with expert finesse or skill, and get out quick if/when the enemy is about to clap down hard. The abilities of this class/combat style should focus on those things.

The main thing that I've seen go really well when deleting abilities across many games is to consolidate the amount of abilities into cool combos. For example, if you were to delete Force Camo or Blade Blitz/Mad Dash, combine them into one ability that does all of the things those 2 abilities did. Players, in general, will be much happier if we combine some buffs and passives much more than if we mess with ACTIVE abilites.

Or make abilities into auto combos. When you do a certain combination of abilities then it procs an ability that has been deleted. Therefore the deleted ability is now a passive proc. Let me give an example. If we use Cauterize/Rupture, then Slash/Vicious Slash, then Zealous Strike/Battering Assault, then finally Annihilate when an opponent is at 50% health, it will auto proc Dispatch/Vicious Throw, in which we will immediately see the animation for Dispatch/Vicious Throw and the damage associated tacked on to our enemy. Or even the Flaming Wave combo you already have is a great example!

Thank you again for your time and reading this post. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this post or anything else. I would love to be of assistance. I hope this helped. Thank you and May the Force be with You!

To be fair that's basically in line with half the classes at this point.

Operatives don't have Orbital Strike

Assassins don't have Force Lightning

Gunslingers don't have Dirty Kick (albeit they CAN have Below the Belt which is close if they pick it)

Mercenaries don't have Flame Thrower (if I recall? Pretty sure its Powertech only?)

Project is available to both Sage and Shadow

Smash is available to both Sentinel and Guardian

Sticky Grenade is available to both Vanguard and Commando

Choke is currently available to both, but as you mentioned it won't be.

So at presents its 4/4 split. This just makes it a 5/3.

At this rate maybe Shadow will lose Project :p

Actually Sticky Grenade is no longer available to Vanguards, it has been more or less replaced by Flak Shell for Vanguards.

Secondly Flamethrower doesn't exactly exist anymore for Powertechs either, having been replaced by Searing Wave which is similar but an instant ability instead of a 3 seconds channel. (A similar thing is actually the case between Force Choke from Heroic Moment and from Warrior abilities).

Lastly Serenity Shadows actually did lose Project already as Squelch now replaces it (even though before this used to be a separate ability and Serenity had both).

Edited by AdjeYo

I'm a sub since day 1 and main sentinel. I do not think the current changes are the direction I want to see the game go in. The earliest changes were ludicrous. There is a lot of good feedback in this thread, please engage with your player base. If you read what is in here and have a dialogue I'm sure your game will be much better and more well received.

My personal opinion - abilities I think are class defining for sentinel are Transcendence/Predation, zen, frankly for me guarded by the force, and pacify. Mobility is critically important. Nothing is more frustrating than not having the ability or tools to be on the needed target as a melee. I stop short of saying blade blitz(mad dash are class defining because I played a long time before they were introduced but they're good game design imo as they are a skill ability that can close distance, escape damage, or be used to disengage all based on proper appropriate usage.

Edited by K_osss

Actually Sticky Grenade is no longer available to Vanguards, it has been more or less replaced by Flak Shell for Vanguards.

Secondly Flamethrower doesn't exactly exist anymore for Powertechs either, having been replaced by Searing Wave which is similar but an instant ability instead of a 3 seconds channel. (A similar thing is actually the case between Force Choke from Heroic Moment and from Warrior abilities).

Lastly Serenity Shadows actually did lose Project already as Squelch now replaces it (even though before this used to be a separate ability and Serenity had both).

Ah, I wasn't counting things where they get replaced but some have it some don't. But that's good to track it as well.

I feel Project is in a "you *can* have, but some specs lose.

I haven't played Trooper or Bounty Hunter in a while. So thanks. Is Sticky actually gone? Or just they don't use it? Like Operatives rarely used Orbital Strike anyways, but they had it. Do Vanguards *have* sticky, but don't use? Or lost it? Same with the Flamethrower.

Ah, I wasn't counting things where they get replaced but some have it some don't. But that's good to track it as well.

I feel Project is in a "you *can* have, but some specs lose.

I haven't played Trooper or Bounty Hunter in a while. So thanks. Is Sticky actually gone? Or just they don't use it? Like Operatives rarely used Orbital Strike anyways, but they had it. Do Vanguards *have* sticky, but don't use? Or lost it? Same with the Flamethrower.

Sticky is actually gone for Vanguards (though Commandos still have it). Was removed when they purged a lot of 30m range abilities on Vanguards, they added in Flak Shell to replace but it's not quite the same imo. I liked the sense of imminent doom of Sticky being placed and waiting to explode.

Flamethrower is the same, completely gone from Mercs and removed in favor of an instant ability on PTs, as part of the effort to remove all channels from melee classes.

100% agree. They definitely need to have force choke / force stasis

I don't know if I really agree. It feels more iconic Juggernaut than iconic Marauder to me. It being more or less the signature move of Vader who clearly inspired the Juggernaut class. Note sure how I feel about Marauders not having a single hardstun, but flavour wise I don't feel it's that vital to the Marauder.

It feels like marauder/sentinel and juggernaut/guardian are being changed to be even more different than they already are on live. On the PTS, guardian feels like a more balanced class with defensives, stuns and damage, while marauder can be much faster with high burst windows and so can dance around targets, but in exchange can't stun to also pin targets down. I do like that CC is being toned down across all classes, at least for PvP. Some of the least fun I have when playing PvP games in general is when I'm not allowed to play the game due to CC. Not having stuns is going to be most annoying when soloing heroics and other PvE content against non boss targets imo.

Force stasis and force choke have always felt more like iconic guardian and juggernaut abilities than sentinel and marauder abilities to me. Obfuscate and force camouflage on the other hand...

I don't know if I really agree. It feels more iconic Juggernaut than iconic Marauder to me. It being more or less the signature move of Vader who clearly inspired the Juggernaut class. Note sure how I feel about Marauders not having a single hardstun, but flavour wise I don't feel it's that vital to the Marauder.

Let me ask. Do you play pvp?