Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

Deadbladey

Trixxie, you made quite a few mistakes in that post. My achievements are legitimate, otherwise I wouldnt be here. Yes i tried to get gsf achievements.... faster but that had a backslasch and now its all back to legit. End of story. As I said I stated my opinion on this. As it seems I am just one person here so you pretty dont have to mind me.

So you cheated to get achievements, or to try and get them? And you stand on your soap box, complaining that people who can't get achievements due to physical limitations should not have chance to get the achievements they want.

I would say come down off the soap box before you fall flat on your face, but that's too late. At least the people who want the missions made easier are doing it legitimately, and they are doing it because of real issues, not because they want to cheat the system, or speed it up.

So you cheated to get achievements, or to try and get them? And you stand on your soap box, complaining that people who can't get achievements due to physical limitations should not have chance to get the achievements they want.

I would say come down off the soap box before you fall flat on your face, but that's too late. At least the people who want the missions made easier are doing it legitimately, and they are doing it because of real issues, not because they want to cheat the system, or speed it up.

I wonder why all discussions end up being about me. I tried to cheat, didnt work, got punished and done it legit, ok? So in the end I stand before you with legit stuff, just like anyone else so please stop with that nonsence.

I wonder why all discussions end up being about me. I tried to cheat, didnt work, got punished and done it legit, ok? So in the end I stand before you with legit stuff, just like anyone else so please stop with that nonsence.

no nonsense is you saying

I am really sorry for the people who have physical limits to playing such games, but you really cannot expect the Devs to adapt to every single person. They need to draw a line somewhere and work from that. Its like I could complain why the game is not in Slovak language! There are people who could complain to other things and it would be never ending.

To stop people with disabilities getting achievements they deserve, just because you got them already, and they are looking to do the same, they want a fair chance to get the achievements , in a fairer environment. Trying to make your language issue the same as a person who has a physical disability. Yet YOU admitted to cheating to beat other achievements, as if everything you've done was legit, and worked for.

We made this thread about issues real people have, due to disabilities, you made it about you, and how brilliant you are, and can do it all, yet now we know, you cheated to get some off them, yet YOU are trying to deny others a way to get past their disabilities and achieve goals in this game WITHOUT cheating.

Edited by DarkTergon

To stop people with disabilities getting achievements they deserve, just because you got them already, and they are looking to do the same, they want a fair chance to get the achievements , in a fairer environment. Trying to make your language issue the same as a person who has a physical disability.

I have nothing against people with disabilities, I even have one at home. The question is how much the Devs have to keep adapting this game for everyone. All of that costs time and I would welcome for them to spend the time on priority stuff and editing very old content which is actually fine the way it is.

Yet YOU admitted to cheating to beat other achievements, as if everything you've done was legit, and worked for.

I did no such thing and if you keep this up I have to report you for false acqusations! All achievements I got were legit. Please stop spreading made up info about me. You do not know me and have no proof. I might as well shout out loud here how you cheat at the game, it would be the same.

We made this thread about issues real people have, due to disabilities, you made it about you, and how brilliant you are, and can do it all, yet now we know, you cheated to get some off them, yet YOU are trying to deny others a way to get past their disabilities and achieve goals in this game WITHOUT cheating.

No, this thread started like all other ones just like it, saying that they are too hard and should be nerfed. The disabilities came later on, but were not the point of this thread. I like what others have said here like you dont see Battlefield get adapted for people with disabilities, you dont see Overwatch, Starcraft or Final Fantasy be adapted for disabilities, so why is swtor any different? Again, I have nothing against them, but I am against wasting precious Dev time on this. Thats all.

I did no such thing and if you keep this up I have to report you for false acqusations! All achievements I got were legit. Please stop spreading made up info about me. You do not know me and have no proof. I might as well shout out loud here how you cheat at the game, it would be the same.

Go ahead, this is YOUR quote

Yes i tried to get gsf achievements.... faster but that had a backslasch and now its all back to legit..

You tried to cheat, you got caught, if you hadn't had, where would it have stopped. The fact you were caught changes nothing. You are still trying to stop people from getting achievements, in a fair and understanding way, that helps them get over their disabilities, even though YOU admitted to trying to cheat your way.

I didn't accuse you of anything, I just showed you your own post.

I have nothing against people with disabilities, I even have one at home.

That line is just so wrong and derogatory I don't even know how to comment on it. I mean seriously!!!!

The question is how much the Devs have to keep adapting this game for everyone. All of that costs time and I would welcome for them to spend the time on priority stuff and editing very old content which is actually fine the way it is.

No, it's fine for YOU, not everyone, the devs can make things easier, and probably quite easily enough, by rewarding the green rep on the easier missions. Again, this shows your own ignorance on what a disabled person has to go through on this game, it's not fine as it is.

No, this thread started like all other ones just like it, saying that they are too hard and should be nerfed. The disabilities came later on, but were not the point of this thread. I like what others have said here like you dont see Battlefield get adapted for people with disabilities, you dont see Overwatch, Starcraft or Final Fantasy be adapted for disabilities, so why is swtor any different? Again, I have nothing against them, but I am against wasting precious Dev time on this. Thats all.

You've no idea why the op thought it was too hard, it could be some of the many issues that have been brought up . I never said the thread was started because of it, I said we made it. Whether the op has issues or not, people do, and this thread is the right place to air them. The fact there's already a gold post saying they are looking in to it, shows there is an issue, and hopefully they'll do something about it.

YOU admitted to trying to cheat your way.

Why do we play with words here? Fact is I didnt cheat, yet you keep bringing it up.

I didn't accuse you of anything, I just showed you your own post.

Heh you keep saying i cheated :D

So you cheated to get achievements

Like here, thats quite offensive!

That line is just so wrong and derogatory I don't even know how to comment on it. I mean seriously!!!!

Whats wrong about saying i have someone with disabilities at home??

No, it's fine for YOU, not everyone.

Its never gonna be for everyone.

devs can make things easier, and probably quite easily enough, by rewarding the green rep on the easier missions. Again, this shows your own ignorance on what a disabled person has to go through on this game, it's not fine as it is.

I did say they can make easier missions give rep, yet it should be at a much lower rate so that when you are able to do the heroic missions you are done faster. Its the reward for being able to do hard content. Its typical for any game.

You've no idea why the op thought it was too hard, it could be some of the many issues that have been brought up . I never said the thread was started because of it, I said we made it. Whether the op has issues or not, people do, and this thread is the right place to air them. The fact there's already a gold post saying they are looking in to it, shows there is an issue, and hopefully they'll do something about it.

What I do not like is when people missuse their status and put themself into the position of the victim. They try to turn the world around just because of their disadvantage and then they start talking about discrimination etc. The way these missions were designed and rewarded was fine till now and in my opinion should stay as they are OR get the mentioned correction. Thats all.

• Dev Post

I'm going to ask that both of you move on from this conversation. Your points have been made multiple times and it is clear that this discussion between you both is only going to move in circles. If you would like to continue this topic privately, you're more than welcome to do so. However, please move on from this thread if you do not have anything new to add.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by JackieKo

Why do we play with words here? Fact is I didnt cheat, yet you keep bringing it up.

Heh you keep saying i cheated :D

No, I keep showing you where you admitted to it, to trying it. That's on you, not me.

FACT : you said it, not me. I quoted you.

Like here, thats quite offensive!

So it's offensive to remind YOU, that YOU tried to cheat to get the achievements, that YOU admitted it :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Whats wrong about saying i have someone with disabilities at home??

The way you said was extremely bad, and I hope no one I care about ever says that about me, in such a fashion:mad::mad:

Its never gonna be for everyone.

No, which is why we are trying to change it, and make it better for as many as we can. As someone said, the more inclusive we make it, the more people will play this content, and they might even update it.

I'm going to ask that both of you move on from this conversation. Your points have been made multiple times and it is clear that this discussion between you both is only going to move in circles. If you would like to continue this topic privately, you're more than welcome to do so. However, please move on from this thread if you do not having anything new to add.

Sorry was typing the other message and didn't see this till I posted.

Edited by DarkTergon

I'm going to ask that both of you move on from this conversation. Your points have been made multiple times and it is clear that this discussion between you both is only going to move in circles. If you would like to continue this topic privately, you're more than welcome to do so. However, please move on from this thread if you do not have anything new to add.

EDIT: Grammar

Can you please remove the conversation between us please?

Thank you.

, please move on from this thread if you do not have anything new to add.

Honestly, just like most of the old early out-dated aspects of SWTOR, things in Space just probably need to be tweaked ever so slightly. A shield regen rate here, an EMP cooldown timer there, etc. But anyways, to maybe get things further back on-topic here...

As someone who only recently FINALLY achieved 100% green done on all 'Space Mission' achievements (only took me 9 years :cool: ) , i'd like to propose a couple of more radical solutions:

Maintain the current difficulty levels, so that it doesn't "de-value" the reputations & achievements already gained by the supposedly "gud" players , but then also...

1. add a co-op mode (2 players group together, splitting the reputation points & xp , whereby each grabs the exact same space mission from their personal ship console, then you get 2 ships at once----still both on-rails--- within the same 'instance' ) . Could be not only super fun & fresh, but also seem "easier" for those who aren't as "git gud" as certain others.

2. the graphics & vastness & objects within some of the space missions is, imo, positively gorgeous ....so....why not modify existing code to allow for 'space MINING zones' for bonus/new mats ? (utilzing the same ui & controls , but just without the on-rails limitation within that confined instance) ---- *i suppose you could also convert GSF coded zones like this too, but i dunno there's just something extra neat graphics-wise with some of the Space on-rails zones imo

3. please show us the difficulty requirements ( aka "this mission needs Grade __ parts or higher" ) on the mission descriptions themselves that show up on the console LIST (rather than having to click into the 'hyperspace map' and find each mission name quadrant and click onto that map description paragraph) .

./discuss :D

1. add a co-op mode (2 players group together, splitting the reputation points & xp , whereby each grabs the exact same space mission from their personal ship console, then you get 2 ships at once----still both on-rails--- within the same 'instance' ) . Could be not only super fun & fresh, but also seem "easier" for those who aren't as "git gud" as certain others.

A co op mode would be really cool, it would help some, and might make it more interesting for others to join.

Just for the sake of it I tried doing one

now and uploaded it.

It took me 2 tries and I managed it on the 3rd one, since I didnt remember the stuff well. Last time I did these was almost 4 years ago. I have to say the graphics is pretty nice now, I wasnt playing on Ultra back then so it really was nice seeing this. I admit I would be doing these more if they rewarded fragments or something better now.

Trixxie, you made quite a few mistakes in that post. My achievements are legitimate, otherwise I wouldnt be here. Yes i tried to get gsf achievements.... faster but that had a backslasch and now its all back to legit. End of story. As I said I stated my opinion on this. As it seems I am just one person here so you pretty dont have to mind me.

no one can make 10 solo kill in warzone and not mention 10x

This thread has gone way off the rails, pardon the pun.

To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.

But they are doable. Like many others, I tried and tried, failed over and over again, and then one day I got it right - using my abilities, rolls, and learning how the missions work and when to react. And then completed all the bonus missions on them. 100% Republic, 100% Empire. I put effort in, and eventually it paid off.

It's a mixture of perseverance, practise, skill, timing and a dash of luck. There is little room for error, you have to be focused.

It's like arcade machines where there was always this one kid who always had his 3 initials at the top of the scoreboard. I don't think it's fair to say that because some people can't complete them it is therefore discriminatory... We're all good and bad at certain things. And accepting this is key to your enjoyment of the game and managing your frustrations with the game.

There are some achievements you're never going to get; either because they are time-limited, no longer available etc. and there are some achievements you're not going to get simply by virtue of being you; you don't do Ranked Warzones, you don't do NiM Operations. Or you're just not wired that way, your heart isn't in it. Rather than bemoan it, do your best, have fun and don't dwell on it!

Fun, right? That's why we play. :cool:

Edited by farren_whyde

Because there are achievements for it, titles, etc. And unlike every other mode, no matter how bad you are at these modes, you can still join a team, and get carried through them, whether you buy the run, or have good friends. These are the ONLY missions you can do that with. The ONLY part of the game with titles, etc that you HAVE to do solo. And if you've a disability , you are basically DISCRIMIATING against them by saying it's and L2P issue and should just <redacted> off and play something else. Which is basically what you just told the other poster.

It's not discriminating. It is a L2P issue. However... Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you'll automatically succeed. And the Grade 7 Space Missions are a good example of how to achieve something on your own without being carried.

Getting the achievements was satisfying... Momentarily. Then you move on and do something else. I'm never going to get the Sharp Dresser title, but I'm not going to have a tantrum about it. :cool:

Edited by farren_whyde

To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.

This imho is what sums the situation up the best. I agree.

I am really bad at shoot'em'ups and games like that. But I managed to finish all grade 7 space missions by learning the patterns. When you memorised them, those missions become very easy.

When I finished those missions for the first time I was in my early 40s. If I can do it, so can you, because I can't imagine you're worse than me in this kind of games.

I'm glad to hear they are going to look at the rewards, but I am still sad that, especially now with the daily log in rewards having 150 fleet comms once a month, that they still aren't going to address the fleet comms still not being a legacy currency. Maybe split it from pvp currency (simply create a new one for pvp) and make it legacy? A quick check since the daily log in rewards shows that there has been a sudden return of players asking for that currency to be converted because they are accidentally claiming it on a character that doesn't have any comms etc.

The space missions haven't changed from back in 2013, when the grade 7 ship upgrades were cartel market items that "could also be earned by regular play".

The high price in fleet comms was the incentive to buy the upgrades from the CM. That "pay to win" aspect is long gone, but the prices never were adjusted to a setting where fleet coms are the only way to get the upgrades.

I enjoy the rail-shooter from time to time, but it always gets old long before I can afford a a fully upgraded ship. Without at least the utilities that are only available in grade 7, the heroic space missions are a nightmare.

Making EMP generator and electronic warfare pod available for credits would already help a lot.

Edited by Mubrak

Last time I'm posting in this thread, it disgusts me that people are so ignorant that they keep saying it's a L2P issue, even though people have already said they can't do it due to physical or visual issues. I don't know if these people are just plain ignorant, or trolling, and to be honest I don't know what's worse.

Some people are trying to make the game more accessible for everyone, but it seems we have a group of players who just want to ruin other peoples fun. If I've stepped over the line again JackieQ, I apologise, I tried to let it drop, but others haven't.

People with disabilities face enough discrimination in the real world, they don't need it here.

Edited by DarkTergon

Last time I'm posting in this thread, it disgusts me that people are so ignorant that they keep saying it's a L2P issue, even though people have already said they can't do it due to physical or visual issues. I don't know if these people are just plain ignorant, or trolling, and to be honest I don't know what's worse.

Some people are trying to make the game more accessible for everyone, but it seems we have a group of players who just want to ruin other peoples fun. If I've stepped over the line again JackieQ, I apologise, I tried to let it drop, but others haven't.

People with disabilities face enough discrimination in the real world, they don't need it here.

To be fair mate I think in this thread, and others like it, it's sometimes the presentation of the argument against, or with English not necessarily being someone's native language and getting lost in translation that makes it seem like they are being dismissive. I think a lot of people, sometimes well, sometimes erm... not so well.. are genuinely trying to help by pointing out that a lot of people, certainly not all, can get through these with enough practice. Sure, there's always going to be the odd a-hat that says 'LOLZ L2P NOOB!!!111!' but I don't think that applies to all in these threads.

For the record I cannot do them - not for any reason really other than I'm a bit rubbish at this part of the game ;). Believe me I've tried hard as well. So, I can certainly see the increased difficulty for those with disabilities and good-on-you for championing this :-) .

As a side-thought, I've often thought that the difficulty of these missions wasn't actually intentional - in that they were obviously supposed to be a step up for the previous round of missions but someone accidentally dialled them up to 11 and then, being as this part of the game is a bit lacking in TLC, never got balanced properly.