Most of players despise new changes

omaan

As soon as you quoted Kotaku I stopped reading....

Kotaku is the worst example to use to argue anything.....

Ok Google "Electronic Arts is looking to sell" if you doubt. It's being reported several places. Kotaku was the first I happened to see.

Kotaku is like any other news source. Sometimes right and sometimes wrong. That's why you look at more than one of them if you are curious about something.

EA's woes are no secret and been reported is all sorts of place. That the company is having issues is pretty well known. That one article is one part of a mountain of evidence. Not the least of which is the stock price drop and valuation drop. Regardless several outlets are reporting the story.

I really do hope Bioware gets the help it needs for Swtor. I personally just see the writing on the wall.

I haven't even talked about the canon issues either. As Disney moves into the Old Republic era, how likely are they to let this last holdout of the Legends continuity stick around? A canon remake Kotor is coming. It will be hit. That will likely lead to a remake of Kotor 2 and Disney ramping up content for the ear There is also a Tales of the Jedi tv series panel coming at Celebrations. Disney has been dropping bits and pieces of OR lore into canon at an increasing rate.

Swtor's massively decreased in quality, EA situation, and Disney beginning to seriously product canon material for the Old Republic doesn't look good for the game. I know people have seen doom and gloom before, however, this combination is new. Also Swtor has never been in a state tis bad before.

As I so often say, I hope I am wrong. We'll see.

Edited by divinecynic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Google "Electronic Arts is looking to sell" if you doubt. It's being reported several places. Kotaku was the first I happened to see.

Kotaku is like any other news source. Sometimes right and sometimes wrong. That's why you look at more than one of them if you are curious about something.

EA's woes are no secret and been reported is all sorts of place. That the company is having issues is pretty well known. That one article is one part of a mountain of evidence. Not the least of which is the stock price drop and valuation drop. Regardless several outlets are reporting the story.

I really do hope Bioware gets the help it needs for Swtor. I personally just see the writing on the wall.

I haven't even talked about the canon issues either. As Disney moves into the Old Republic era, how likely are they to let this last holdout of the Legends continuity stick around? A canon remake Kotor is coming. It will be hit. That will likely lead to a remake of Kotor 2 and Disney ramping up content for the ear There is also a Tales of the Jedi tv series panel coming at Celebrations. Disney has been dropping bits and pieces of OR lore into canon at an increasing rate.

Swtor's massively decreased in quality, EA situation, and Disney beginning to seriously product canon material for the Old Republic doesn't look good for the game. I know people have seen doom and gloom before, however, this combination is new. Also Swtor has never been in a state tis bad before.

As I so often say, I hope I am wrong. We'll see.

Ok I Googled "EA is looking to sell" and found NOTHING about EA looking to sell.

Kotaku, a NEWS AGENCY.... that is Rarely Right and Mostly Wrong.

Edited by denavin

Ok I Googled "EA is looking to sell" and found NOTHING about EA looking to sell.

Kotaku, a NEWS AGENCY.... that is Rarely Right and Mostly Wrong.

I said search "Electronic Arts looking to sell" not "EA is looking to sell". EA could refer to several different thngs.

If you do that you will get sites such as: MSN and many others reporting the story.

I get it you do not like Kotaku. They are not the only one reporting this

Edit: Ok either you are full of crap or messed something up because I just searched "EA is looking to sell" and got the same result. You do need to look in the news tab. My apologies I figured you would know to check the news tab for news.

Anyway the white knighting is getting silly. Believe what you want but EA is in a bad way and this isn't a secret.

I said search "Electronic Arts looking to sell" not "EA is looking to sell". EA could refer to several different thngs.

If you do that you will get sites such as: MSN and many others reporting the story.

I get it you do not like Kotaku. They are not the only one reporting this

Edit: Ok either you are full of crap or messed something up because I just searched "EA is looking to sell" and got the same result. You do need to look in the news tab. My apologies I figured you would know to check the news tab for news.

Anyway the white knighting is getting silly. Believe what you want but EA is in a bad way and this isn't a secret.

Pardon me for using EA instead of Electronic Arts in my post.... I did BOTH and I found nothing relating to SWTOR.

Ok either you are full of crap...

INSULTS? Really?

If you can't keep it CIVIL then stay off the forums.

EA is in a bad way

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) stock is on the rise Monday as reports claim the video game developer and publisher is looking to sell itself.

https://investorplace.com/2022/05/ea-stock-gains-3-as-electronic-arts-reportedly-looks-to-sell-itself/

I still see NOTHING about SWTOR. OBTW... EA (Electronic Arts) is a BILLION DOLLAR company. They are NOT going out of business any time soon.

According to these reports, EA is seeking out a partner that will either purchase the company outright or merge with it to create a larger company.

Company's merge all the time... Not because they are going broke, but more often to make themselves even LARGER. And since their stock price just went UP and not DOWN, it looks more like they are doing it to get MUCH LARGER and not because they are going BROKE.

It’s worth mentioning that EA has a specific requirement when it comes to its merger talks. This is current CEO Andrew Wilson remaining in control of the company once the merger is complete.

So why exactly is EA looking for a sale or merger? There’s been an increase in video game sales and mergers lately. That includes the massive deal that has Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) acquiring Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) for $68.7 billion.

News of EA seeking out a sale or merger deal has its stock seeing a decent amount of trading today. As of this writing, nearly 2 million shares of the stock have changed hands. That’s closing in on its daily average trading volume of about 2.4 million shares.

EA stock is up 2.5% as of Monday morning.

Investors looking for more of the most recent stock news are in luck!

Believe what you want but EA is in a bad way and this isn't a secret.

EA (Electronic Arts) 2022 Quarterly financials

(USD) Mar 2022 Y/Y

Revenue 1.82B UP 35.59%

Net income 225M UP 196.05%

Diluted EPS 0.8 UP 207.69%

Net profit margin 12.33% UP 118.23%

So show me where EA is going broke, or that because of this action by EA SWTOR is doomed.....

Edited by denavin

denavin,

As I see apparently you can find the story from a source other than Kotaku, well done. Just like I said you could. Good for you.

Make your own judgements about what it all means. I said repeatedly that it likely was a piece of the puzzle as to why things are the way they are with Swtor.

Ultimately though there is no question Swtor is doomed. It's the last holdout of the Legend continuality. It was safe for a while because Disney wasn't touching the era. That is changing. The Kotor remake will be canon and it will change things. Swtor is not the money making machine it once was. As soon as Disney bought Star Wars and set the rules of the canon, the clock was ticking. Disney is beginning to produce content for the Old Republic era. There is no way they want Legend material to keep being produced.

denavin white knighting is kind of like religion in the end. Doesn't matter what I say. You have your position. In your reply you put words in my mouth. You couldn't find anything about the story...until you could.

I do hope Swtor can make a come back. I love the game.

Edit: denavin, if you think being told that you made a mistake or are full of crap is an insult, you really need to get out more. Plus apparently Bioware thought I was civil enough as I am still on the forums.

Even small things like possibility to scroll zooming were nerfed....https://imgur.com/ra6JD3F look, this is maximum i can scroll in, and i really need to check if my new belt fits in or not but i can't zoom enough in preview window because they limited it compared to previous patch...just why? What was bad in maximum zooming for preview window that you removed it?

Also i can't move my character down and up in preview window now...only zoom in and out and rotate it right or left but in previous patches i could put my character down to see my blaster full view in maximum zoom....why was this removed too? Just to make it less comfortable for us to choose outfits? :(

Also i can't move my character down and up in preview window now...only zoom in and out and rotate it right or left but in previous patches i could put my character down to see my blaster full view in maximum zoom....why was this removed too? Just to make it less comfortable for us to choose outfits? :(

This is listed as a known issue, it was supposed to have been fixed and was even in the patch notes a while back saying it had been fixed, but obviously it's not. So at least it's known, but agreed, extremely irritating. The whole outfit interface/process is such a struggle now.

Yes the changes are awful. I just came back and these changes imo created a ***** show for me as a player. They are horrible and I just cancelled my sub.

Lastly just an FYI, the guys talking about Electronic Arts being in trouble and their stock valuations. I can tell you with 100% certainty the outlook is good for them right now. Their recent report to investors really justified their position of strength and when asked if their stock is a buy, I took the consensus information from the top brokerage firms and received the folIowing:

Electronic Arts stock a buy?

Electronic Arts has received a consensus rating of Buy. The company's average rating score is 2.80, and is based on 16 buy ratings, 4 hold ratings, and no sell ratings.

You wouldn't see any of these things for a company in trouble. In fact, Nasdaq has them rated as best buy right now. The private report to investors must have been a good one, because the investors are very happy with the most recent report as reported by Bloomberg and a slew of other financial outlets. This is also all public information.

Edited by starzandstripes

people have left because there is no content outside of the NM ops

(...)

ui changes and combat changes are not the main cause and if you think that im sorry but there is nothing more to say.

People can hardly play the more challening ops right now, so there is very little content with raiding either.

I can say that combat changes (and frustration with how boring/unrewarding it is to collect the "daily resource matrix" currency for gear) are why 2/8 of my raid team unsubbed. A third followed because we stopped having raid nights.

Both our healers are gone. Sucks because we had been going for years & were just starting to get to the hardest Vet modes (or the easiest NiM).

Edited by Riyar