HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Just in case you missed it, we added the following to the Known Issues thread earlier today:

• Anti-aliasing is currently disabled for ATI 6900 series graphics cards.

• Holograms will disappear during conversations if players modify their preferences to turn off bloom while anti-aliasing is on.

To give you all some more insight, the ATI issue is due to a severe graphical glitch and we are in discussions with ATI to resolve this. Thank you for your patience.

THIS is the topic you all decide to issue a response to today?

Seriously?

How many people have cancelled their accounts over THIS today?

Hi folks,

Just in case you missed it, we added the following to the Known Issues thread earlier today:

• Holograms will disappear during conversations if players modify their preferences to turn off bloom while anti-aliasing is on.

To give you all some more insight, the ATI issue is due to a severe graphical glitch and we are in discussions with ATI to resolve this. Thank you for your patience.

I have a 6570 and the AA still does nothing or close to nothing.

When will Crossfire stop making my Map and Character Portrait from flashing?

With the 12.1 AMD drivers you can give each game it's on profile. You need to set swtor.exe to run in either 'default mode' or 'optimize 1x1'. If it's running in AFR you get flickering you're describing.

Hi folks,

problem is, if shaders are set to low bloom is auto disabled, and unless i set shaders to high i can not enable bloom

so its either enable AA and not get holograms/lightsabers during conversations, or set shaders to high/enable bloom and get a huge fps lose

Hi folks,

This severe glitch also accounting for the FPS / Performance issues? Or is that unrelated?

Hi folks,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRO?

Thousands of Sith zerging the republic base, pwning the anti-spawn camp turrest and getting thousands of valor a minute and you drop some snidy remark like "IN CASE YOU MISSED IT.."""!?!?! 111 lololol....

2 more days until the free time that comes with the game finish. cant wait for all those ****tards complainers to leave and go back to the wow hell hole.enjoy your penda's and pokemons,

Today is the last day for many people unless you didn't enter your product key until after the grace period.

80% drop in fps.

running a Q9550 at 3.6ghz; GTX 285, 8gig of 4-4-4-12 800 memory and rest isn't important setup.

Fix it. Thanks. I'm not going to pay for a game that has no basic game features. Especially one that looks like it should run on 5y old machines.

LOL, look how old of a GPU you are trying to run on. If you have a 1920x1080 resolution and you are complaining that AA is killing your FPS with that GPU, sorry but its not Bioware, its your computer

I notice absolutely no difference. What in the hell is going on at Bioware right now? I'm losing my faith quickly... This is coming from a die hard Bioware and Star Wars fan.

How do you patch something into the game and not even have it working?

You obviously do not understand what AA is

ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRO?

Thousands of Sith zerging the republic base, pwning the anti-spawn camp turrest and getting thousands of valor a minute and you drop some snidy remark like "IN CASE YOU MISSED IT.."""!?!?! 111 lololol....

This, Empire zerg legions.

Hi folks,

Ma'am, thank you for taking the time to post about this.

LOL, look how old of a GPU you are trying to run on. If you have a 1920x1080 resolution and you are complaining that AA is killing your FPS with that GPU, sorry but its not Bioware, its your computer

Why you knocking on his GPU when the recommended specs on the web site say:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better.

That GPU should easily be able to play the game. So go troll elsewhere. Thanks.

With the 12.1 AMD drivers you can give each game it's on profile. You need to set swtor.exe to run in either 'default mode' or 'optimize 1x1'. If it's running in AFR you get flickering you're describing.

1X1 only makes one card work tho so it's not crossfire any more.

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

You got your wish now, you don't have the right to whine.

And yet. forcing AA through drivers works just fine with no performance hit.

How about you blame the *******es who are supposed to be earning people's money here, not the ones spending money for them to pump out even more bad code?