Unranked

YaddleTwo

Since bioware in it's infinite shortsightedness has decided not to go back to the old system of just playing gave you the daily, that you now have to win, I've seen such an increase in extremely lopsided teams that one won't even try to win save for a couple of idiots like me and it really puts me off pvp altogther.

I know this has been said infinite times already but just in case the devs haven't gotten the message already that they actually have skewered it now to encourage win trading/rolling over/unbalanced not fun matches *waves hands*

( I'm posting this right now because tonight was especially horrendous in this,I'm annoyed but trying to be nice about it and pray a dev who cares actually reads this)

Edited by YaddleTwo

it mostly depends on who's in the queue (shocker, right?).

but on SF, I could run off 5-8 guilds that if I saw them in a premade, the chances that they'd play the objectives are low. I could do the same for 10 or so individuals.

there are still high caliber players who do seem to play objectives (in some of those same guilds).

the map determines this a lot too. with HB, I usually give it one try to play objectives. at least half the time, players are just DMing at mid. and if I feel I'm alone or it's 2v4 trying to actually win, I'll just shrug and DM at mid. note that vandin is impossible to win alone. it just takes longer to move from spawn to end zone, and just one person judiciously CCing you can force you to blow up. so the tendency to TDM in vandin is extremely high. Quesh is literally broken for warriors, so you get a ton of TDM there (at mid where it serves no help at all to objectives). and classic HB...well...there's always DMing at mid, but the map is so easy to cheese with ops, mercs, sins, juggs, snipers, and sorcs, that it's really easy to score even with just one or two players trying. it's dumb, but there it is.

the other maps are less impacted by "DMing at mid."

side note: since the new ranked season and GS has started, the quality of players in regs has dropped precipitously. I specifically mean quality in terms of output (dps/hps). I assume this is because 1) the high output players spend more time in rated matches, and 2) GS has pulled more PvE-centered players into WZs to get their heads cut off.

Been the opposite for me. People try and actually do objectives now instead of just running off to afk somewhere to finish their daily. Maybe the problem is you?

Yes the problem is one of maybe two people in the game actually trying to win :rolleyes:

Have I said I'm a perfect player? No. Do i enjoy winning at all costs? Again no. Would I appreciate it if Bioware would go back to the "play in five matches a day" model instead of forcing having to win since the quality of mindsets is probably not going up anytime soon, yes please.

Since bioware in it's infinite shortsightedness has decided not to go back to the old system of just playing gave you the daily, that you now have to win, I've seen such an increase in extremely lopsided teams that one won't even try to win save for a couple of idiots like me and it really puts me off pvp altogther.

I know this has been said infinite times already but just in case the devs haven't gotten the message already that they actually have skewered it now to encourage win trading/rolling over/unbalanced not fun matches *waves hands*

( I'm posting this right now because tonight was especially horrendous in this,I'm annoyed but trying to be nice about it and pray a dev who cares actually reads this)

I've actually seen way more win trading in guilds in reg pvp matches now than back when I was playing in Pre 5.2. The devs need get rid of the deserter debuff and also revert the daily/weekly quest back to win/losses for Reg WZ.

Maybe the problem is you?

Or maybe the casual portion of PvP has been infused with too many professional players who care nothing for the win, as has been mentioned by multiple players at various times in recent months. Mabye the losses are so lopsided that they overshadow Yaddletwo's wins, as implied by the original post.

"No, you" is not a constructive response. It is dismissive and does not allow for experiences not your own.

Edited by Sappharan

Or maybe the casual portion of PvP has been infused with too many professional players who care nothing for the win, as has been mentioned by multiple players at various times in recent months. Mabye the losses are so lopsided that they overshadow Yaddletwo's wins, as implied by the original post.

"No, you" is not a constructive response. It is dismissive and does not allow for experiences not your own.

Multiple players? There's like....a handful of you, if that, on the forums even complaining about it. I don't think you realize how little these forums account for the actual games community.

With that said, I'd rather have the lockout/current dailies that makes people at least ATTEMPT to try than the old dailies where people just said "screw it" and ran off to afk somewhere or worse left the match leading to a constant stream of leavers ruining the match. PvP has been significantly better since they changed the daily/weekly and added lockouts. Its ONE win.....ONE. It aint that difficult. As far as the weekly.....its a weekly, it aint supposed to be done in a day though its fully feasible given its not that many wins required to complete it.

Edited by Raansu