Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Well I can wait if I have to but looking at it from a point of view of early access being a gift is patently nonsense. This gift for early access has cost all of us the equivalent of £5 for early access. That is a fee not a gift you don't pay for gifts.

For those who gain access today that figure is equal to just over £20 per month. More than double the monthly subscription. For those who won't gain access for another two days that equivalent monthly figure would rise to £30, more than treble the monthly subscription.

So can we stop the this is a gift thrust. It isn't at all its a service that those who have been playing beta the earliest are paying a large tariff for, and those that played the beta later are effectively paying an even higher tariff.

I don't really see any gift of kindness from either EA or BW, just a clever way to generate a little extra startup revenue. I don't blame them they are in business after all, but please can posters stop with the generous christmas gift of EGA in answer to those players who naturally want to get into the game also.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Already created a thread on this on the customer service area, but I'm sure it's already lost. So, can someone clear something up for me please?

According to my code redemption history, I have:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

09.27.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

So, which date is used to determine when you gain Early Access entry? I'm pretty sure I redeemed my early access code the same time as the standard edition one. In fact, I think I only ever received one code from the place I pre-ordered from.

As I've always thought I registered my code in September, this'll throw my estimates of gaining access in between the 14 - 15/16th off. I'm thinking the Early Access thing is wrong, if that is what's being used.

That's an old "glitch". The system doesn't show EGA dates earlier than 2.11, but don't worry, they won't use that date, otherwise everyone who put in the code before 2.11 would be playing now.

Best thread ever.

So many people thinking that is their god-given right to be in the game right now.

Sheesh. I pre-ordered GT5 thinking it would be out in two weeks and it was not launched for another year. No early access or anything.

Just because you pre-ordered does not mean that you have a legal right to early access. They are doing it as a gift, a pleasant bonus. Just chill and wait for it.

bioware can´t you give us some infos like "for all people who pre ordering after x.x.2011 will not get in today, wait for tomorrow and do some other stuff than waiting for an email".

Yes---- would be nice, and would go a loooong way to putting out qq flames

While patience is a virtue disorganization is not. I understand why BW/EA made the decision to roll out SWTOR early access as they have and frankly it is a good idea to do it this way in light of how many people are eager to play. This is shaping up to be the biggest launch in MMO history with so many pre-orders so I see how BW wanted to minimize the server congestion as well as the starter area congestion that was surely to follow.

However, the fashion in which this is being done leaves a lot to be desired.

I would have had no problem if, for example, the Collector's Edition purchasers were to have had early access immediately regardless of pre-order code input. Imo, if you are willing to pay $200 for a game then you are entitled to any and all perks you can get. I opted for the Digital Deluxe and I thought that alone was more expensive then a usual game purchase and more than enough for my wallet to handle.

I understand BW not wanting to put limitations on themselves when it came to opening up servers to accommodate pre-order early access but an e-mail the day before showing where people are in the queue for early invite might have been a good idea. Many people scheduled days off work for this launch and I sympathize with them even though I am semi retired and do not have to take that into consideration. BW should understand that so many people taking time off work for the early access of SWTOR shows a great love for the game and reciprocation in the way of enough early warning of access would have been nice for those people.

The guild launches were also handled poorly imo. There were 2 other guilds with the one I am in (one ally, one adversary) and we were all linked and the ONLY guilds we each had as allies/adv . One of those guilds (ally) got placed on a different server so that the folks we were planning to play with as allies will just not happen while the adversary will. Weird. While I know we could all just swap to their server eventually it does seem that the Guild launches were not done as well as they could have been.

I love Bioware and always have and SWTOR as an IP is fabulous but I really hope that this sort of disorganization doesn't plague this game in the future. I am hoping it is just because of such an unusually large launch and BW having so many things to concern themselves with atm.

ROFL...I just checked my account - and even though I redeemed my code right when I pre-ordered, it NOW says I didn't redeem my code yet ROFL

***???

-.-

If you're referring to the "check boxes" that's for your "Box" code. Your pre-order is in just fine. Click my accout and click "Pre-order."

who cares about the term early access

its quite obvious that if there was no early access and this was the 20th there would still be waves ( which are just a PC version of queues)

its also obvious that most people preorder nowadays. there is no early access because most people buy the game to get early access

Id like to see the numbers on how many people dont buy early access and wait for the 20th. The term early access is becoming antiquated fast.

Ill repeat that one statement : Waves is just a PC term for queues, same thing, just different process.

What a bunch of overly self-entitled, snobby, spoiled rotten brats! Is this the way kids are being raised these days? SERIOUSLY? I remember when there was NO SUCH THING as early access, you waited until LAUNCH DAY. If you get your invite today, AWESOME! If you don't, go QQ and TT somewhere else. Half of the people trying to say what Bioware NEEDS to do are acting like spoiled rotten middle school aged kids. I bet you're just mad you didn't pre-order until this past month, huh?

Maybe one of these days, mommy and daddy will wisen up, stop paying your college tuition, make you get a real job, and cut your credit cards off. Oh, and take away your car they bought, and make you earn a car.

/rant off

Bioware. I preordered this game ages ago. The gamestop said they don't have pre order codes and they ran out. Gamestop called me the other day and said btw we have pre order codes now. So am I going to be punished by being denied early access because gamestop didn't provide me wit ha pre order code until yesterday.

Yes. It is when you entered the code that counts.

They should have made this game 21+, then there would be a lot less baby QQ flying about.

Waaaaaaaah wheres my free access! Waaaaaaaa!

Here's a pro tip for you kiddies out there: Pay attention in class, learn some patience and please learn to read/use search functions properly.

The truth of the matter is, you'll get in when you get in.

I agree with the last part of this and I am 19. Age has nothing to do with it. I have met 21 year olds who act like they are 2.

Edited by revanstar

Yeah, I don't have my early access invitation either. Yet you don't see me QQing like a baby. This is the LAUNCH OF AN MMO, people! Whoever didn't expect there to be any snafoos or minor glitches or problems is either an idiot or, well, a really stupid idiot.

I'm sorry, I can't be kind about this. Some of the people here should just follow my lead and be patient! Forum raging will not get you into the game.