A DPS shouldn't help with cleansing?

Trying to explain that nonsense again doesn't make it any more valid than it was before. If anyone is spreading false information it's you.

Do you even understand the difference between nefra farming and progression raiding in a raiding group?

IDK, you tell me. The group I am in has cleared 34/37 NiM bosses (in 7.0, obviously 37/37 in 6.X). Meanwhile you are probably some guy from ADG who thinks surviving Trasher on sin is impossible.

If you want to help any group out you could start by not bringing merc to literally anything.

The point is: If you have a cleanse that doesn't consume a GCD of course you should use it. Either everybody cleanses or nobody, everything else will not be worth. The common thing to do is to not cleanse, since PT, Mara and Sorc can benefit greatly from having a little DTPS. Either everybody cleanses, or nobody. You cleansing someone will not matter at all, because the GCDs used by the healers are still the same, and if they are not you take away healing from the tanks.

ALSO: obviously this doesn't matter at all, like do what you think you should, I just think you are bad because of it. This is just a matter of if you can think about a raid in more than numbers or not, if you cannot how will you ever carry?

Edited by ZUHFB

You may, but I'm not going to answer as it's none of your business and you'd only twist my words to continue arguing.

I mean :D it's not wrong, but why would you say I have no progess experience when I killed every killable boss this patch? I bet you didn't.

I mean :D it's not wrong, but why would you say I have no progess experience when I killed every killable boss this patch? I bet you didn't.

I didn't. I said you don't know the difference between farming Nefra and progression raiding.

This thread is about nefra farms and cleansing. What progression raiders do and what is expected from us is different from what you'd expect from a pug group. Pugs struggle with something that makes a progression raider fall asleep - which I literally have done on a really long Nefra farming evening. No joke.

It obviously is? But you said I don't understand progression raiding, the cleanse is pretty what ever to me.

Sure they can cleanse, and sure you can bring a merc. But the question is SHOULD a DPS cleanse other people to which the answer is simply no. You are not helping, you aren't doing any carry strats the impact of this cleanse is an actual 0 with you losing 1 GCD, to be fair most people lose more than 1 GCD anyway since they are clickers. So it doesn't even matter.

It obviously is? But you said I don't understand progression raiding, the cleanse is pretty what ever to me.

Sure they can cleanse, and sure you can bring a merc. But the question is SHOULD a DPS cleanse other people to which the answer is simply no. You are not helping, you aren't doing any carry strats the impact of this cleanse is an actual 0 with you losing 1 GCD, to be fair most people lose more than 1 GCD anyway since they are clickers. So it doesn't even matter.

Again: I said you don't understand the difference between Nefra farm and progression raiding.

I joined a NiM Nefra group and was the only DPS with a cleanse. The healers were having a hard time keeping up with all the cleanses so I volunteered to hit one of the other DPS with mine after it came off cooldown. I've been asked to do this in NiM Nefra before so figured it was no big deal but it seems I was wrong?

Although the healers thanked me, one of the tanks flat out told me not to cleanse any of the DPS and that the healers needed to learn their classes better. I said that's fine but I just want to get the boss done and don't mind throwing an extra cleanse (it's not like Nefra has a tight enrage window). The tank just wouldn't have it. After going back and forth for a few minutes on it the tank typed L2P and then rage quit.

Is it really that bad to throw an extra cleanse here and there to help the group out?

The tank was an idiot. NiM Nefra is not a DPS check in the slightest. Its a heals and threat check. If you can help the healers it moves the group more towards the end.

The tank was an idiot. NiM Nefra is not a DPS check in the slightest. Its a heals and threat check. If you can help the healers it moves the group more towards the end.

I would say it's mostly a staying awake check. It's very difficult to stay awake long enough to turn Nefra around everytime :D