EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

Zhedzaban

Are you familiar with the meaning of the word "delusional"?

This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that

Not "will." "should." The "will" part is after, about extending it to companions.

But this is all academic. There is no hood toggle in the game. What's your recourse if you don't like that? Three options: ignore it, complain about, cancel your subscription. You seem to have chosen option 2.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splendid. I do realise people make mistakes, and I certainly do too at times, but would still like to suggest that next time you give your opinion about such a thing, you make sure it's an informed opinion instead of just jumping on the defense train as way too many on this forum already do. Nevertheless you've already raised my opinion of you over that of many others by admitting when you're wrong instead of going into denial... as that is also something too many on this forum do.

And by including the highlighted phrase, you have lowered my opinion of you. Reread my post. I opened with the prospect that I might have missed EA/BW's promise of hood toggles. I conceded that possibility ... I feel no compulsion to search the forums for four-year-old information on the issue. I don't mind being proven mistaken when I admitted I might be mistaken. Had I stamped my foot and proclaimed, "It never happened!", then you might have cause. All I said was that I might have missed it, and then expanded my response to an issue within the forums that is, in my informed opinion, far more damaging than "jumping on the defense train" ... the penchant for forum users to "remember" every "We will look into it" as a sworn oath to provide a feature. As I said in my more recent post, it's hard to deny the impact that behavior has had on communication.

As for me riding that "defense train"? I'm often critical of EA/BW, when I feel they deserve. For example, I remain the champion for the cause to force EA/BW to use the term "test server" in lieu of "early access" for all future releases.

And by including the highlighted phrase, you have lowered my opinion of you. Reread my post. I opened with the prospect that I might have missed EA/BW's promise of hood toggles. I conceded that possibility ... I feel no compulsion to search the forums for four-year-old information on the issue. I don't mind being proven mistaken when I admitted I might be mistaken. Had I stamped my foot and proclaimed, "It never happened!", then you might have cause. All I said was that I might have missed it, and then expanded my response to an issue within the forums that is, in my informed opinion, far more damaging than "jumping on the defense train" ... the penchant for forum users to "remember" every "We will look into it" as a sworn oath to provide a feature. As I said in my more recent post, it's hard to deny the impact that behavior has had on communication.

As for me riding that "defense train"? I'm often critical of EA/BW, when I feel they deserve. For example, I remain the champion for the cause to force EA/BW to use the term "test server" in lieu of "early access" for all future releases.

Oh I have read your post and it was that "expanded" part why I added what you find offensive. If's that's a problem for you, I can live with it. I see nothing wrong in asking people to inform themselves about the things they talk about. And good luck with your crusade, I won't hold my breath though.

Edit:

Not "will." "should." The "will" part is after, about extending it to companions.

But this is all academic. There is no hood toggle in the game. What's your recourse if you don't like that? Three options: ignore it, complain about, cancel your subscription. You seem to have chosen option 2.

Oh don't stop now, it's getting funnier every time you try. :D

Edited by trueKieran

Community Q&A: Feb 17th 2012

Is that good enough for you? Now if you three actually have anything of value to contribute for a change, let's hear it.

Nope... it validates my point that people see and hear what they want to.

They made all kinds of "should" statements in the early days of the game. A large number of the "shoulds" never made it to PTS, much less the live servers. Clearly... "should" /= "will". There have also been a heap of things they were "working on" that never made it to PTS or Live either. In some cases they did come back and say... we tried and we were not able to do it. In other cases they simply went silent on a topic. Keep in mind they were fighting a lot of performance and feature issues in the first 6 months of the game.. so taking any "should" seriously 60 days after launch is fallacy on your part IMO... especially with 4 years of hindsight on how things change during MMO development in SWTOR.

There is a big difference between "should" and "will", especially in comments from developer teams in MMOs. ;) If you do not believe this or do not accept this... MMOs are the wrong game genre for you IMO. All MMOs, even WoW suffer from this. It is part of the dynamic and ever changing nature of MMOs.

Feel free to double down on what you "think" you heard or saw.

Edited by Andryah

Nope... it validates my point that people see and hear what they want to.

Indeed it does, but ony in the way to show you're one of them. :)

If you do not believe this or do not accept this... MMOs are the wrong game genre for you IMO. All MMOs, even WoW suffer from this.

Gee what have I played for the last 15 years then. :rolleyes:

Edited by trueKieran

Indeed it does, but ony in the way to show you're one of them. :)

Gee what have I played for the last 15 years then. :rolleyes:

Not my fault you play with subjective blinders on where developer comments about unreleased features are made in gaming forums. Most forum member veterans here know NOT to take any apparent "promises" seriously from this studio. Most of us have learned to believe it when it releases. Until then.. it's vaporware.

As Bran pointed out.. it's academic. There is no hood toggle (4 years after your "should" quote). What exactly are your going to do about it besides pick forum fights with other forum members? Stop taking this thread down rabbit holes of years past.

Edited by Andryah

As Bran pointed out.. it's academic. There is no hood toggle (4 years after your "should" quote). What exactly are your going to do about it besides pick forum fights with other forum members?

Funny you mention Bran, because just like him, you utterly failed to see that I've already answered that question in the post you quoted.

As for your question about what I'm going to do about it? Nothing. Over the course of the next few months after that statement, each time they were asked it, it became clearer that it will never happen. It went from this to "it is something we are still working on" to finally "something we really want to do". So I've stopped waiting and caring for it years ago, also because, since we now have plenty of robes with hoods down that republic characters can wear, it became obsolete. The entire quote of my old post and them never actually finishing the hood toggle was merely an example.

You see... I didn't post their quote promising it because the hood toggle was so important, I was just bored enough to not let some guys get away with yet another blunt lie in the pathetic attempt to defend Bioware, not that it would surprise me that you didn't get that either.

Edited by trueKieran

Funny you mention Bran, because just like him, you utterly failed to see that I've already answered that question in the post you quoted.

Actually.... what you are doing is continuing to complain, followed by lashing out at anyone that engages you in discussion that you do not agree with. You are wasting every ones time here, IMO.

Welcome to my /ignore list. bye bye ;)

Edited by Andryah

Is it possible to be both very disappointed by some of the things Bioware has done, and at the same time not pointlessly angry at them or at other posters? Is it possible to be concerned about the future of SWTOR or not like changes or what changes... and not cry out the imminent demise of the game? Is it possible to like the game without being blind to any fault and a "fanboy"?

Or do only the extremes count?

Is it possible to be both very disappointed by some of the things Bioware has done, and at the same time not pointlessly angry at them or at other posters? Is it possible to be concerned about the future of SWTOR or not like changes or what changes... and not cry out the imminent demise of the game? Is it possible to like the game without being blind to any fault and a "fanboy"?

Just like everyone else here, you're welcome and encouraged to add every balanced viewpoint that you are capable of providing. Be prepared though that many will be claiming that it isn't balanced at all, with absolutely no relation to whether that's actually true or not.

It's possible, but evidence suggests it's improbable.

Here's to improbablitities!

Absolutely it is. I like to think I fit that description quite well. I'm concerned and disappointed, but I obviously enjoy the game as much as most of you do, which is why I'm still here. I'm neither a fanboy defender or a wisher of death...I'm just pointed about where I see flaws.

Absolutely it is. I like to think I fit that description quite well. I'm concerned and disappointed, but I obviously enjoy the game as much as most of you do, which is why I'm still here. I'm neither a fanboy defender or a wisher of death...I'm just pointed about where I see flaws.

I admit that I have recently suffered from an acute case of "doom overload" based on some of the recent spate of threads.

I admit that I have recently suffered from an acute case of "doom overload" based on some of the recent spate of threads.

No worries Max, you'll always be a fanboi to me :p

I KID!!! You're a good poster and I don't think you fit in either camp.

On these forums, that is simply... INCONCEIVABLE!

Know what's really dead, this topic.. It has been on these forums since launch, seriously don't people have some grasp of reality too, I don't know move on..

Game is still here after a very long endless talk of it dying, perhaps if a big fing comet hit the earth, then I would say officially this game would be over... :rolleyes:

I remember when Wildstar launch and people were raving about it. There were many posters here spamming their garbage about Wildstar. I want to necro old Wildstar threads to make fun of people who supported Wildstar. Raiding will be niche market from here on out. There aren't enough raiders to sustain more than two mmorpgs that focus on raiding in this case WoW and Final Fantasy. Why should an developers focus on developing content that at most only tiny percent will participate in and even less in challenging content.

I remember when Wildstar launch and people were raving about it. There were many posters here spamming their garbage about Wildstar. I want to necro old Wildstar threads to make fun of people who supported Wildstar. Raiding will be niche market from here on out. There aren't enough raiders to sustain more than two mmorpgs that focus on raiding in this case WoW and Final Fantasy. Why should an developers focus on developing content that at most only tiny percent will participate in and even less in challenging content.

TOR was supposed to kill LotRO and Wild Snore was supposed to kill TOR. Neither came to pass (although LotRO is kind of withering).