So a few things that are bugging me.

HiltoftheDragon

Being here since launch has produced many many great times in this game for me. Ive been able to achieve this with minimal bugs and most of those were teeny tiny annoyances that just made me smile and move on. I guess ive been lucky and havent experienced some of the more serious ones, at least not to my old feeble memory at the moment.

However, since returning about a month ago, theres been a couple little bugs that i dont recall being prevalent in the past and, even though not game breaking, they are really a pain in the back side.

First and foremost are npcs and companions falling under the ground. Now this would happen just once in every blood moon in the past and the workaround would be to just cloak out or run away. But now its damn near every pull. If the npcs arent falling under the terrain then my comp is. In both instances, both parties are still operating correctly...just not above ground like theyre supposed to. Most of these times, i need the target for a kill count or an item...so i must just stand there and let my comp finish until dead and i cannot target it to assist. My comp still appears to heal and fight underground...but either way, that shouldnt be happening.

The second is a mix of two really little annoyances. First is the bike sounds. It doesnt matter what bike im riding, it sounds as though the engine is severely skipping. Strangely enough, it doesnt do it on fleet...only out in the field. Now i dont mind my immersion being killed a bit...but its hell to listen to in my headphones.

The other small deal im seeing is my characters running animation while agroed. Its no longer a smooth run...you know like one foot in front of the other. Its a weird sort of tap dancing run. Its more humorous than anything but ive never seen this before in the past. These have been since whatever recent patch has been released. Ive been gone for probably about a year and a half...so perhaps not recent maybe.

If these are on my end, and if anyone else experienced this then please let me know what i can do to remedy it. Ive already tried all the basic fixes....repaired, relogged, etc. I also have the steam version this time so i assume my client doesnt have bitraider installed. If this is not my end and if theres still a trick to fix these then please share what can be done. I can just hope that BW looks at these minor hinderances when time allows.

I didnt really search these boards to see if anyone else had these little issues so apologies if its been brought up already.

Thanks for reading. Any and all recommendations are welcomed.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

First and foremost are npcs and companions falling under the ground.

Yes, instances of this occurring have risen to epidemic levels. Some AOE is able to hit mobs under the terrain, but as you said, short of either hitting a stealth out ability, or just running away to reset the mob, most often you just have to allow your comp to kill them and hope the mob does not drop anything that you need.

The second is a mix of two really little annoyances. First is the bike sounds. It doesnt matter what bike im riding, it sounds as though the engine is severely skipping.

You already mentioned doing a repair, which would have been my first suggestion. Perhaps an issue with your sound card drivers or settings.

The other small deal im seeing is my characters running animation while agroed. Its no longer a smooth run...you know like one foot in front of the other. Its a weird sort of tap dancing run.

Your character would not happen to be a female Shadow or Assassin, would they? There is currently an animation bug that causes female BT1, and possibly other body types, Shadows and Assassins to run weird when in combat.

not forget to add also that some enemy's are going in to wal's that you can kill then and need to walk away and let your companion stop attack him to lure him out off the wall is also something what can happing.

its the same thing as when there are under the map and you cant kill then.

Your character would not happen to be a female Shadow or Assassin, would they? There is currently an animation bug that causes female BT1, and possibly other body types, Shadows and Assassins to run weird when in combat.

She would be in fact yes. A deception assassin to be more precise. So that solves that one. I guess i can just hope for a fix soon.....but as i mentioned, its more humorous than anything. Nothing game breaking here.

As for the sound, ill just keep digging at it. Im not doubting that it could be my end. Thats why i posted it so that i could perhaps read possible fixes if anyone else had experienced this.

I can confirm that it includes at least BT2. I don't have any BT3F or BT4F ShadowAssassins to try, sadly.

As for the sound, ill just keep digging at it. Im not doubting that it could be my end. Thats why i posted it so that i could perhaps read possible fixes if anyone else had experienced this.

As far as it possibly being on your end goes, have you checked that ALL your drivers are up to date? In particular, the audio, graphics, chipset, and LAN drivers.

Go to your computer or motherboard maker's website and check for new drivers. Or, you could use Windows Update to search for new drivers.

Edited by JediQuaker

As far as it possibly being on your end goes, have you checked that ALL your drivers are up to date? In particular, the audio, graphics, chipset, and LAN drivers.

Go to your computer or motherboard maker's website and check for new drivers. Or, you could use Windows Update to search for new drivers.

I get updates quite often so i can only assume that all that gets done....but we are talking about computers here. My vid card driver update works on its own launcher (AMD) so thats no issue there. As far as sound goes, i never see anything points directly to it...so ill check it out some more.

Yes.... the 3 for me are NPC's falling into floor same as one of yours, Comapanions falling down, get back up move two paces and falls back down again, keeps on doing this until companion is changed, Lastly invisable enemies.

Overall annoying yes but still manage to play dispite this. Would be nice to get fixed, but given the number of bugs overall in game not really sure in what order of priority BW has given any such bug(s). I know a lot of patch update fixes some bugs, but they just seem to make new ones. As such it seem that there will never be a time this game is bug free. Still as said annoying but at least for me not ground braking.

I get updates quite often so i can only assume that all that gets done...

No, a Windows update generally just updates Windows, not your drivers.

I'm not sure what the current situation is with graphics drivers - that is, whether they auto-update or not. I run an AMD R9 290 card with the latest driver and I have no problems with mobs bring half buried or whatever. I suspect this may be an obscure glitch that has to do with the particular driver and/or graphic card.

The companion lying face down thing is a known glitch. Happens to me occasionally.

Your sound issue sounds like a driver issue, but it could even be the chipset or LAN driver interacting with the sound driver.

No, a Windows update generally just updates Windows, not your drivers.

I'm not sure what the current situation is with graphics drivers - that is, whether they auto-update or not. I run an AMD R9 290 card with the latest driver and I have no problems with mobs bring half buried or whatever. I suspect this may be an obscure glitch that has to do with the particular driver and/or graphic card.

The companion lying face down thing is a known glitch. Happens to me occasionally.

Your sound issue sounds like a driver issue, but it could even be the chipset or LAN driver interacting with the sound driver.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with latest drivers. It seems many folks are having the same disappearing npcs and such. My vid card does not auto update because i dont allow it to. I keep a check on it and update it when i see a new version available.

As far as other drivers go, ill just need to check them i guess. I never had a sound issue with anything until now....and its just a silly bike engine sound...so nothing very serious. I would like to fix that skipping sound though.

The comps laying face down is an old bug thats been around a long time. I dont see that one very often however.

Ill do some more poking around and see if theres anything that needs updating. Ill report back if i find what the issue is....if any.

Yes.... the 3 for me are NPC's falling into floor same as one of yours, Comapanions falling down, get back up move two paces and falls back down again, keeps on doing this until companion is changed, Lastly invisable enemies.

Overall annoying yes but still manage to play dispite this. Would be nice to get fixed, but given the number of bugs overall in game not really sure in what order of priority BW has given any such bug(s). I know a lot of patch update fixes some bugs, but they just seem to make new ones. As such it seem that there will never be a time this game is bug free. Still as said annoying but at least for me not ground braking.

To the falling down comps, mount a speeder, or use the rocket boost. Fixes this every time it happens to me, which is primarily in one of the Voss Heroics.

For sound issues, can the headset too. Might be worth trying with speakers/different headphones to rule that out.

I was really hoping that this was the issue as it had also crossed my mind that i may have got what i paid for. My headphones are decent, but not expensive by no measure. I may have paid 30 to 40 bucks for them off amazon. They have worked and sounded brilliantly until having this small sound glitch. All other games have been flawless. The last pair i had produced a short in the plug so i tossed them.

So to update this a bit, i did another repair and looked through all the items in the device manager. Everything is up to date as i had thought. The video card is also up to date. I did see an optional windows update that i could have downloaded but havent yet. Im sure that update is probably nothing but a networking addition....something i do not do.

I didnt play much last night as im done with pretty much all i want to achieve until reset today. I rode bikes around in the stronghold and the fleet only and heard no skipping at all. I never went to any planet. Today when i get home and start hitting the conquest, ill see what happens and what i hear.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

A final update, then ill just let this go. The severe skipping bike sound is still there out in the field. It also seems to get worse the longer i play. In any case, ive tried everything i can think of to do without avail. It looks as though im just going to have to live with it. Its weird to me that its just the bike sounds that are affected and no other sounds in the game. My current workaround and somewhat final solution is ive switched it out for my ashen taun taun. The animal mounts work just fine and have no sound glitch. If i can ever find the culprit here, ill report back.

"Help me Owenbrooks, youre my only hope."

My current workaround and somewhat final solution is ive switched it out for my ashen taun taun. The animal mounts work just fine and have no sound glitch. If i can ever find the culprit here, ill report back.

The beast mounts are better anyhow. I love the kath hounds and kybucks.