Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine has a dc once per 2 hours because of his unstable provider. This means he cannot connect anymore to the server he first made his main on because whenever he dc's and logs right back in, he is placed in the back of the queue.

Does Bioware even take their customers seriously? Not keeping in mind that not everyone has a super stable internet connection is a big flaw that will not be taking lightly by many players.

Good job on the game, bad job on the service part.

I am a little baffled why we have had such little feedback

Those of us with early access know the situation will get worse not better and we already cant log on easily with our friends.

Not giving a concise and detailed explanation doesnt make the problem go away...trust me!!!

19:00 hrs on a Sunday evening.

North American SW:TOR servers : 1 server with a queue.

European SW:TOR servers: 42 servers with a queue

North American server: 15 min queue

European servers : 8 with a 30-60 min queue and 17 servers with over 60 minutes.

Seeing there is no problem on the American servers is proof that BW can provide servers that can handle the loads, the question is why they won't provide them for European customers. :mad:

Please do not be so asinine. Being Australian playing on US servers we have had an absolutely horrendous time during what was all day Sunday for me and Saturday evening in the States. My server The Swiftsure had 5 hour queues. Almost every server was FULL with wait times from 30m-5h+. I saw about 2 or 3 others that were VERY HEAVY. Glancing at the European servers, 70% of them were LIGHT and 30% NORMAL.

Because I realise the world is round and not flat I understand that time plays a part in how the servers fluctuate.

My personal experience? I logged on 11am Sunday AEST into a queue of 1850, waited for just over 4 hours (the estimated time said 1h 45m which was completely wrong), I got disconnected at position 296, I logged back into the game and was at the end of the queue again, now position 1980. I was in queue for 5h and 10m then got into the game at 8pm AEST.

TLDR: Logged into the game at 11am Sunday, got into the game at 8pm Sunday night.

THAT was my experience before I read your take on how the US servers are. Hope you guys in Europe get sorted soon, as I hope we do also.

Thats why they had the 2 days early acces, just so you had 48hrs to Q for the server you wanted lol.

they should of tried their sales pitch on teh public first

"We are gonna give you an amazing game which we almost certainly guarantee you wont be able to play when you want to or every play alongside your friends at the same time" *cheesy grin*

lol

What they need to do, HAVE TO DO, is offer free server transfers and as soon as possible. There is no way in hell I am re rolling the same class yet again. I do not care that its only a few days in, I have paid for my copy and consumed my retail key, now I expect an acceptable level of service.

I would rather take my money elsewhere if I am expected to play the first 20 or so levels before moving on and doing it all again, story based mmo's have no replayability when you are watching the same damn story every couple of days and that is not what I paid to do.

Even if they said server transfers where coming, I could roll an alt elsewhere while I wait, but will not do that if it will lead to chars all over the damn place long term.

Edited by HexCaliber

I was in queue for over an hour at noon, played since then, now, get DC'd for no detectable reason and am shown a 3 hour queue with 1000's before me.

This is just not acceptable, they need to put extra servers online and start sending people free realm transfers.

As for someone stating before that the queue's are a testament to a great game, that is plain and simple ********.

Its a testament of bad server management, a flawed approach at staggered release (they should have put up realms in a way that there's always 4-5 servers NOT full and then add servers whenever one is full. Also they should have implemented the method that on a realm that is very heavy, queue or full, that if anyone tries to sign on without having an alt on that realm, they get blocked from doing so. Allowing people in that do have alts on that realm) and a nasty slap in the face for the people who supported them by buying pre-orders.

The problem is now, I'm almost certain they don't have any workable facilities in place to do actual realm transfers ..

I don't understand how the queues can be so big seriously. I can hardly find people to do group quests/flashpoints with on bloodworthy. This really makes no sense... I'm not going to subscribe to a game that I hardly get to play and when I actually do get to play there is noone to play with.

Friend of mine has a dc once per 2 hours because of his unstable provider.

And this is Bioware's problem how?

Does Bioware even take their customers seriously?

Of course they do. Do customers even take companies seriously? What, with all the "fix it now", "do what I say or else I'm leaving" demands and crap? No, really, do they?

This thread was started ON A WEEKEND. Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend. They'll fix it when they can, but they're NOT going to break out and fix it over the weekend. No way, no how.

Not keeping in mind that not everyone has a super stable internet connection is a big flaw that will not be taking lightly by many players.

Guess what? Too bad

If you don't have a super stable internet connection, or a fast internet connection, you don't need to be playing games like this. This game wasn't made for everyone, ESPECIALLY if you can't even bother to pay for an up to date internet connection.

/

This has nothing to do with 'customer service' on Bioware's part. They've been more than accommodating, they've been more than friendly and helpful. People like your "friend" who have unstable internet connections don't need to be playing games like this. it's just that simple.

It's amazing the QQ'ing, entitlement, do this now, fix this or I quit attitude that people get here.

#1: this game IS NOT LAUNCHED. You're in pre-launch mode. EXPECT PROBLEMS!

#2: You're not PAYING for a 'subscription' (yet). Again, you've got nothing to whine about. Yes, you paid for a GAME, but that GAME doesn't entitle you to play with guildies, friends, besties, girlfriends, wives, sons, daughters, parents, etc.... That GAME entitles you to play a GAME, which CAN be done, very easily, without queuing. I've been doing it all weekend long. Don't like the queue? MOVE ON, at least until it's fixed.

I don't understand how the queues can be so big seriously. I can hardly find people to do group quests/flashpoints with on bloodworthy. This really makes no sense... I'm not going to subscribe to a game that I hardly get to play and when I actually do get to play there is noone to play with.

Pretty simple actually, they have set server capacities EXTREMELY low right now.