Operations Forum - Speed Run Challenge

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that not more people are interested in taking part. Clearly a lot of thought and work is going into this by the creator and the hurdle to submit videos really isnt that big.

I can assure you some of us are interested (and even submitted for week 1). But many are still working on HM Coratanni and/or Revan and it is a matter of taking time from our limited Operation time to do this. When we start hitting instances where it contemplates 3 runs per week, the time commitment may grow (even if they are older instances). I'm enjoying the new HMs being actually difficult (even if I'm not enjoying the class balance issues), but the side effect, is less time to do fun things like speed runs.

Hey guys, I'm killing this contest.

I apologize, but the level of submissions is far too low for me to consider this worthwhile. Clearly the excitement from the first week died quickly, and my efforts to advertise haven't gotten anywhere.

I thank everyone who has participated. Unfortunately, it's just not happening.

I apologize, but the level of submissions is far too low for me to consider this worthwhile. Clearly the excitement from the first week died quickly, and my efforts to advertise haven't gotten anywhere.

I think the idea of this competition is very good. I wonder if part of the problem may be the timing. The current HMs are unquestionably the hardest HMs that have been put out. Relatively few guilds have completed them. Most guilds are still working on those. Combined with the fact that the content (particularly end-bosses) is somewhat biased toward certain classes and the recent class changes, many people are also switching mains. I suspect that this contest, while very interesting, simply is of secondary interest compared to progression. It may be worth considering doing this once content has been cleared by a large amount of guilds and those guilds are tiring of the content and looking for something new or different. I know personally there are quite a few people in my pub-side guild that are interested in this, but with only 2 nights a week for OPs, we need to spend the time on progression. Just something to consider.

I see this after posting our times :(

Thanks for running it, I am not surprised that you are though as there hasn't been much interest since Ravagers.

I think a couple of the other posters may be correct as to why participation was low as most guilds are still trying to progress Hard Mode and their players only have so many available nights a week to raid

Progression on HM has nothing to do with lack of participation of the speed run challenge. My group is doing HM progression, but we get bored wiping a million times so we switch over and do the speed run or somethiing fun at least once or twice a week!

Progression on HM has nothing to do with lack of participation of the speed run challenge. My group is doing HM progression, but we get bored wiping a million times so we switch over and do the speed run or somethiing fun at least once or twice a week!

When your group only gets together twice a week at most for 3 hours each time, it has everything to do with lacking time to do both.