Cool Your Jets

foxmob

In assault, I use Energized Cell, hands down. But in arsenal, I switch around between Cool Your Jets and Life Warden.

(atm, I only have an IO set, so the gear is heavily amp'd for periodic dmg, and I don't have the ST bis arsenal tactical).

aight, why even run this that, etc., blah blah blah intro is over.

my question is this: does the Cool Your Jets root even work? do maras, juggs, and ops even notice a 2s root on propulsion round/jet out?

I ask b/c it doesn't seem to affect any melee I jet away from, but I cannot tell if they're breaking it or just (virtually) perpetually immune to roots.

I’ve not had much success with cool your jets. Many classes have multiple root breaks and/or movement impairing immunities. And if they don’t have a root breaker available, like you said, a 2s root isn’t much. You could experiment with the tactical that gives you back to back mez’s. It works especially well with the notorious armor set and 2 charges of power surge utility.

I’ve not had much success with cool your jets. Many classes have multiple root breaks and/or movement impairing immunities. And if they don’t have a root breaker available, like you said, a 2s root isn’t much. You could experiment with the tactical that gives you back to back mez’s. It works especially well with the notorious armor set and 2 charges of power surge utility.

What tactical is this?

It’s called power cycle. If you use the power overrides utility and 2nd alacrity threshold, which I do with arsenal, you have 2 concussion missiles every 39 seconds. The notorious armor set doesn’t give you more concussion missiles as there is a hidden limit in the tactical, but you can use the extra 2 power surge charges on tracer missile or rapid scan. Or you can use all four charges on tracer missile/rapid scan. It’s a niche build for sure. It’s fun and might help you survive a 1 v 1, but mez’s are not very effective in regs because someone on my team usually breaks them. You also miss out on a lot of DPS. It may be more useful in arenas for stunning healers and tanks while you hardswap, but IDK. Merc has good DCD’s anyways so most people take offensive tacticals and set bonuses.

yeah. I don't think any of the tacticals look so good for arsenal (vis-a-vis IO). I'm not sure if I missed it or the vendor doesn't sell it, but isn't the recommended arsenal tactical a single target dot?

obviously the set bonus from the vendor (concentrated fire) is sub-optimal as well.

the 2s on cool your jets is fine, tbh. I'm just not noticing even 2s of space lol.

Yes, the primed ignition tactical is a single target dot is the best tactical for PVE and sustained DPS. In PvP primed ignition is also very good, you just have to be aware of who you put the dot on because it will break mez’s.