3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

First, I want to apologize for the last minute nature of getting you the information on the delay. I know many of you are frustrated that Tait and I didn't mention anything on the stream on Friday. Simply put, the studio was doing everything possible to still announce all of the details today or tomorrow, in September. Unfortunately, as of today, we moved the timeline back and so we told you once that decision was made. I realize "a couple of weeks sounds ominous," but know that everyone is hard at work to get you this information as soon as we can (which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later).

We are all really excited to share details of our next expansion with you. I know you are all eager to hear details, any details, and we will get you all of the details as soon as we can. We just want to make sure all of the information is correct before we put it out there.

Thank you again for your patience with this.

-eric

Non sarcastic question: Your community team grew during this content cycle. A 3.0 announcement is, judging by your past history of announcing content for this game, going to be a ~500 word press release with an image tease, or it may be a 2 minute producer video with a breakdown that may be the equivalent of 1.5 pages in length. Either way, I don't understand how you could, on Friday, think you would be ready for the announcement, then change your mind on Monday. Were you more ahead of the curve and then suddenly regressed? As for information being correct, are you referring to the really nice thing for subscribers? Because you could literally omit that information to keep everything correct, or just mention at the tail end that subscribers or preorders will get a perk or perks to be named later. You make it sound like a 1 page cover letter announcement requires the entire dev staff to get the phrasing right. This expac is supposed to be out "this year." And it hasn't been announced yet.

If you delay the ANNOUNCEMENT by a few weeks, that implies you will have 2.5 months left in the calendar year for testing. But out of that 2.5 months, MOST of the testing will be in the first 2-3 weeks. After that, you're implementing changes. So It makes me wonder how you'd think this timeline seems wholly acceptable. It's going to seem rushed, regardless of actual polish, because you're delaying the announcement, which pushes up the time between said announcement and release. Is the pre-order window going to be the equivalent of a double XP week where you have 5-7 days total to pre-order? Because the window between this announcement and the release, if it follows the "this year" timeline, is going to be very small.

Hey folks,

First, I want to apologize for the last minute nature of getting you the information on the delay. I know many of you are frustrated that Tait and I didn't mention anything on the stream on Friday. Simply put, the studio was doing everything possible to still announce all of the details today or tomorrow, in September. Unfortunately, as of today, we moved the timeline back and so we told you once that decision was made. I realize "a couple of weeks sounds ominous," but know that everyone is hard at work to get you this information as soon as we can (which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later).

We are all really excited to share details of our next expansion with you. I know you are all eager to hear details, any details, and we will get you all of the details as soon as we can. We just want to make sure all of the information is correct before we put it out there.

-eric

Sorry Eric but this is total and utter BULLCRAP. You could have said that during the stream. Now you have kept us waiting for days ... only to disappoint us a lot and thus pissing a lot of people off.

Breaking a promise seems to be a habit of Bioware.

Very disappointed in the Dev team.

Hey folks,

-eric

Fine don't tell us details ... but at least throw us another friggin bone. Can't be that bad can it? Something you can confirm? Like the level cap increase, or the new planet?

SOMETHING! We have been waiting patiently, and now you just pissed off a lot of people.

Fine don't tell us details ... but at least throw us another friggin bone. Can't be that bad can it? Something you can confirm? Like the level cap increase, or the new planet?

SOMETHING! We have been waiting patiently, and now you just pissed off a lot of people.

Did you just quote him twice with two different angry birds rants?

Yes I did ... so what? I don't care. I have every right to vent my rage and disappointment towards the Devs in any way I like.

This is why no one takes ragers seriously. This is also why the Dev don't share info that might change. Because people like this freak the hell out over nothing.

Non sarcastic question: Your community team grew during this content cycle. A 3.0 announcement is, judging by your past history of announcing content for this game, going to be a ~500 word press release with an image tease, or it may be a 2 minute producer video with a breakdown that may be the equivalent of 1.5 pages in length.

This is what occupied my mind while reading the excuse. How does the presentation of information require multiple weeks? That is, unless critical decisions had yet to be made, which is more troubling than the lack of update.

This is what occupied my mind while reading the excuse. How does the presentation of information require multiple weeks? That is, unless critical decisions had yet to be made, which is more troubling than the lack of update.

3.0 in mid-January.

Major supply lines are stretched thin and Revan's fleet ran out of hypermatter to fuel his Capital-sized ships.

Tragedy.

I blame Torvix on Labor Valley.

Hey folks,

-eric

Things changes, we can understand that.

However:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest.

Holding back a major announcement because you want to add a topping for subs does not makes sense.

You still could have made the 3.0 announcement and eventually hint at a future reveal for sub in the upcoming weeks.

So now everyone wonders what's really the issue there.