Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

EricMusco

Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric

Nice nice and perm ban anyone who done it. I just listed my auctions back on this morning hahahaha :(

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you report yourself and it is only a one time thing, you should be fine, EA can recognise the difference. However those who deliberately look to take advantage of it, it depends how hard they are exploiting it as to how harsh the penalty would be.

I got a warning back then, which I found excessive as I had stumbled across it by accident and had bought back all the 51 (I think) excess chairs I had accidentally sold back for a profit of about 25k credits, so I actually lost 51 credits instead of gaining anything through the exploit. :rolleyes:

I got over it and got on with my life. :p

Why Does everyones stuff on GTN have to be removed? surely can just remove the peoples sales whom did the exploit !!

I am sure I am not the only one whom is fired up about having the GTN sales stopped especially if others like me spent god know how long with chars to get the items listed in the first place. Its annoying enough the sales can only be listed for 3 days and each sale not sold or not is returned individually without now having hundreds of items coming back at once.

I got a warning back then, which I found excessive as I had stumbled across it by accident and had bought back all the 51 (I think) excess chairs I had accidentally sold back for a profit of about 25k credits, so I actually lost 51 credits instead of gaining anything through the exploit. :rolleyes:

I got over it and got on with my life. :p

i can understand the type of warning given, it is meant to get you to think about what you are doing, after all being a customer on the service EA could take away all your ability to be on the service if they wanted and wouldn't need to let you know. So a warning is fair. if you understood the gravity of the warning and been good since, then at least you understood what it meant. There could be others who may have been given warnings who didn't accept it and could of been banned in the meantime.

in any event, as Eric mentioned, the crisis has passed. Old news now.

All servers are once again available, thanks everyone. If you notice any suspicious activity, please report it directly to us, privately.

-eric

all items were cancelled, which means, we've all lost our deposits. When it's only a couple of items, it doesn't really matter, but some have hundreds up. *grabs some popcorn and sits down* time to see the **** hit the fan ;)

it is there in the rules of conduct, so i don't need to answer your point.

It's not against the rules for *you* to hear about it and then do nothing with that information (not even sharing it with others). It's against the rules, if you hear about it, for you to make use of it *or* to share it with others.

all items were cancelled, which means, we've all lost our deposits. When it's only a couple of items, it doesn't really matter, but some have hundreds up. *grabs some popcorn and sits down* time to see the **** hit the fan ;)

They did say a while back they want more credit sinks in the game.

It's not against the rules for *you* to hear about it and then do nothing with that information (not even sharing it with others). It's against the rules, if you hear about it, for you to make use of it *or* to share it with others.

the legalities and how the whole thing is worded is not my problem, take it up with the EA legal department.

My only gripe about this (considering the downtime was minimal and completely understandable) is that we lose our deposits on the listings we've put up. Why can't those be refunded?

They said all items would be "expired" and expired listings return the deposits, so you should get your deposits back.

Nope, it said "cancelled" in the mail I got, and the deposits were lost on my items.

Yikes. Makes me glad I hadn't gotten around to relisting things for sale. 50 sales each across slightly over 20 toons is a lot of evaporated credits for deposits not given back. (And I know there's people out there with more toons/items per toon.)

Nope, it said "cancelled" in the mail I got, and the deposits were lost on my items.

Yep, just discovered that myself and was coming back here to let you know I was wrong. I'd posted 100 items on a character right before the announcement, so I'm not pleased either.

is funny how those of us who didn't exploit anything in the game, who had things up on the GTN....LOST our deposits...quite a racket just stealing our money when we didn't do anything wrong. Is kinda sad doing the players that way....someone could have really lost a lot of money if they had a lot of auctions going. Game foul Bioware...game foul.

Yep, just discovered that myself and was coming back here to let you know I was wrong. I'd posted 100 items on a character right before the announcement, so I'm not pleased either.

Ouch. Thankfully I didn't have too much listed but it still stings a bit because that's credits gone thanks to people exploiting. I thought I'd at least ask for those like you who are going to feel the sting.

Yikes. Makes me glad I hadn't gotten around to relisting things for sale. 50 sales each across slightly over 20 toons is a lot of evaporated credits for deposits not given back. (And I know there's people out there with more toons/items per toon.)

Ouch. That would've sucked.

is funny how those of us who didn't exploit anything in the game, who had things up on the GTN....LOST our deposits...quite a racket just stealing our money when we didn't do anything wrong. Is kinda sad doing the players that way....someone could have really lost a lot of money if they had a lot of auctions going. Game foul Bioware...game foul.

Agreed!

Aww! Poor thing. The economy was being destroyed by these scams. And who knows how deep this went into the GTN. Even the ones who had max listings up on many alts, barely if anything, lost 100k...easily made back. Chump change if you're a GTN player.

So chillax. Ridiculous to whine when they do anything to help.

Aww! Poor thing. The economy was being destroyed by these scams. And who knows how deep this went into the GTN. Even the ones who had max listings up on many alts, barely if anything, lost 100k...easily made back. Chump change if you're a GTN player.

So chillax. Ridiculous to whine when they do anything to help.

That 100k was needed to tip the bar droid, how are we going to tip the bar droid now....how dare you rob the poor droid....won't someone please think of the bar droids..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is unacceptable. I was going to finish grinding out through the chapters again and now I cannot. I can't believe I pay $15 a month to wait. There is a set schedule for these kind of things and you guys should stick to it. This will only further divide the players.

This is unacceptable. I was going to finish grinding out through the chapters again and now I cannot. I can't believe I pay $15 a month to wait. There is a set schedule for these kind of things and you guys should stick to it. This will only further divide the players.

LOL relax nerd they are back up

My only gripe about this (considering the downtime was minimal and completely understandable) is that we lose our deposits on the listings we've put up. Why can't those be refunded?

Didn't believe it until I saw it. Dozens of items sale costs gone and not refunded, though I am way better of than those who listed 100s of items with large sales costs as many do. Why are we all being punished for a few c***holes**exploiting? Waiting on that explanation you promised us, Eric.

** I can't believe I had to censor that word myself! Is that not an expletive in America? That is a surprise. Glad I caught it on the preview or it would have been yet another banning for me :rolleyes:

Edited by Sarova